Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615015 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2014, 04:41:46 pm »
When I was about 3 years old, my older sister and I shared a room via bunk beds.  She had the top, I had the bottom. 
did you ever hear her making out with some dude like at night or anything like that? Was that weird for you?
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2014, 07:05:12 pm »
jered weaver's line today was something out of a video game.

not sure i've ever seen anything like this.  all damage coming from none other than the fucking astros! 

It was a HR or nothing against him today, and painful to watch.  They were way out too - not a single cheapie in the bunch.

Anaheim was 9-10 against the Astros last year.  That's not a problem....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:11:38 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2014, 07:06:38 pm »
did you ever hear her making out with some dude like at night or anything like that? Was that weird for you?

My sister was promiscuous at a young age, but even 4 years old was a little early for her.
27>34

« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2014, 07:07:27 pm »

My sister was promiscuous at a young age, but even 4 years old was a little early for her.
well, you would have to admit that would've been pretty upsetting for you if you had overheard such a thing. I know it would've eaten at me to this very day had it been me.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2014, 06:40:34 pm »
I threw my hat across the room when Hamilton dove head-first into first base last night.

Had to apologize to those in the room.

Now he's out two months and I take back my apology. 

What the hell is the matter with professional athletes?  These are no brainers.
27>34

« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2014, 06:49:09 pm »
I threw my hat across the room when Hamilton dove head-first into first base last night.

Trade him to the Rangers, they'll take him.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2014, 07:44:41 pm »

What the hell is the matter with professional athletes?  These are no brainers.

He was my star player on my American League fantasy team.  I just replaced someone in this keeper league and that person didn't leave much to keep.  So I thought I got lucky when I got Hamilton cheap in the draft.  What I am saying this hurts me more than you.

vansmack

« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2014, 01:32:06 pm »
This is a good read.  MLB's new interpretation of the transfer rule is a mess.  Maybe it's because I watch a lot of West Coast Baseball where it seems to be happening more often, but I've seen it about a half a dozen times now where what used to be a clear out in the outfield and a dropped transfer to the throwing hand is now called no catch.  But it's a nightmare for the base runners, who aren't getting help from the umpires on the base paths.

I really do hope a cagey outfielder intentionally drops a transfer soon and gets everybody out in the chaos. 
27>34

hutch

« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2014, 05:45:06 pm »
tommy john surgery is out of control...

i wonder if it would make any difference if you limited pitchers to 3 innings per game...

but i know relief pitchers have had to have tommy john too...think mariano rivera although wasn't he a starter at the beginning of his career?

either way, i'd be tempted as a manager to handle my pitchers unconventionally.... pitch them more often (in the case of starters) but for less innings)...

stevewizzle

« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2014, 06:58:27 pm »
I really do hope a cagey outfielder intentionally drops a transfer soon and gets everybody out in the chaos. 

cagey outfielder? is that the adjective used to describe someone (or something) as nicholas cage-like?

vansmack

« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2014, 09:24:47 pm »
tommy john surgery is out of control...

The one's you are seeing are too late to prevent.  The real fixes have to come in high school/college and year round club ball, where the majority of Tommy John surgeries are happening.  It's the damage done when they are young that causes the problems now.

If you have Soundlcoud, this conversation with Dr James Andrews from last week is worth a listen on the issue.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2014, 09:29:21 pm »

cagey outfielder? is that the adjective used to describe someone (or something) as nicholas cage-like?

Agreed.  That was a poor choice of words as I was rushing out of my office.  Cagey means suspicious.  I was probably going for cheeky, because I wanted something more than clever.  Clever with a hint of deviousness.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2014, 01:34:11 pm »
Pour yourself s mojito, sit on the back deck, turn baseball on the radio, preferably Vin Scully's voice, and read this:

The Puig Story
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2014, 08:39:18 pm »
Pineda is an idiot,  but I can't believe there wasn't a veteran in the clubhouse that didn't walk up to him and say "not this week,  kid.  Under no circumstances"
27>34

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2014, 08:52:27 pm »
Pineda is an idiot,  but I can't believe there wasn't a veteran in the clubhouse that didn't walk up to him and say "not this week,  kid.  Under no circumstances"
I love it.
LVMH