Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615348 times)

stevewizzle

Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2014, 02:17:46 pm »
thanks, just added cron to my keeper league.  i might be too prospect heavy on my bench with cron, castellanos, and alex guerrerro (hurry up and get injured, dee gordon).  i've got nolan arenado too, but i suspect he'll continue to smash the ball.

anyone have any good waiver wire pitchers to pick up? my pitching is brutal... 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2014, 04:05:53 pm »
thanks, just added cron to my keeper league.  i might be too prospect heavy on my bench with cron, castellanos, and alex guerrerro (hurry up and get injured, dee gordon).  i've got nolan arenado too, but i suspect he'll continue to smash the ball.

Anyone in your league have Porcello? He's been fantastic since the all star break last year.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2014, 04:38:52 pm »
Hows that guy Cron looking? 

I expect him to platoon with Ibanez when Hamilton and Calhoun come back.  He'll face the lefties, Ibanez gets the righties.  If it's a keeper league, then there's a future because he's the future 1B for the Halo's.  If it's one year league, ride him now, but temper expectations for when the Halo's get healthy.  It will probably take Ibanez getting released for him to make a big impact and I don't see that happening.   

There is talk of Ibanez being released.  Cron homered off a righty yesterday and has 11 hits in 28 at-bats.  Ibanez has 14 hits in 101 at-bats, and only 1 hit all season against lefties.  It's looking like the Angels are letting Cron hit more against righties, and facing all lefties.

Looks like Cron wont' be playing for a while with no DH against the Phillies.

stevewizzle

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »

Anyone in your league have Porcello? He's been fantastic since the all star break last year.

porcello was drafted super early in our league.  like 6 rounds earlier than i would have even considered picking him up.

vansmack

« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2014, 07:03:38 pm »
does richards really have that potential?

Best game of the season today.  5 hits, no runs and most importantly no walks in 7 innings.  His strikeout to walk ratio is nearing 3-1.  4-0 now with a 2.42 ERA and a WHIP nearing 1.00
27>34

vansmack

27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2014, 12:24:34 am »
does richards really have that potential?

Best game of the season today.  5 hits, no runs and most importantly no walks in 7 innings.  His strikeout to walk ratio is nearing 3-1.  4-0 now with a 2.42 ERA and a WHIP nearing 1.00

aaastros next. won't be his best game of the season for long.

vansmack

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2014, 12:00:39 pm »

Buster wrote about him today, basically reiterating what I have been saying.  He throws hard (96 mph avg, top 3 among starters), his ball breaks ridiculously causing the most swings and misses out of the zone, and has kept the ball in the park (one HR in 52 innings, tied with Beuhrle). 

He and Skaggs have been the reason the Angels are 21-18 right now, compared to 15-24 a season ago.  Now what to do about the #5 starter.....
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2014, 09:44:56 pm »
Real weird (inconsequential) obstruction/interference call in Boston/Detroit. Hope someone else saw it.
LVMH

shemptiness

« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2014, 10:24:23 am »
Any recommendations for good food/brew near PNC Park?  Going to Pittsburgh tomorrow for the 2-game series.

stevewizzle

« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2014, 05:48:48 pm »

Buster wrote about him today, basically reiterating what I have been saying.  He throws hard (96 mph avg, top 3 among starters), his ball breaks ridiculously causing the most swings and misses out of the zone, and has kept the ball in the park (one HR in 52 innings, tied with Beuhrle). 

He and Skaggs have been the reason the Angels are 21-18 right now, compared to 15-24 a season ago.  Now what to do about the #5 starter.....

richards vs. keuchel tonight should be a nice duel.

Yada

« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2014, 10:28:38 pm »
Any recommendations for good food/brew near PNC Park?  Going to Pittsburgh tomorrow for the 2-game series.

Meat and Potatoes is about a 15 minute walk, otherwise there are numerous places with in a few blocks of the stadium. Also noteworthy are the Sharp Edge and Fat Head's (not close to the stadium but worth a visit if you're in town for multiple days).

James Ford

« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2014, 08:18:47 am »
I second Fat Heads for the beer but definitely not the food.

Meat and Potatoes is about a 15 minute walk, otherwise there are numerous places with in a few blocks of the stadium. Also noteworthy are the Sharp Edge and Fat Head's (not close to the stadium but worth a visit if you're in town for multiple days).

Yada

« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2014, 08:34:07 am »
I second Fat Heads for the beer but definitely not the food.

It's actually quite delicious (definitely unhealthy) but great if you like bar food and not a vagetaririan*.

I'd recommend the pierogies.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:38:34 am by Yada »

James Ford

« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2014, 09:50:17 am »
Delicious if iceberg lettuce is your favorite salad green.