Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615157 times)

stevewizzle

Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #1185 on: April 17, 2015, 12:14:26 pm »
i was going to send a surprise edible arrangement on our one year anniversary but with that attitude i  don't think you deserve it.
Can we please do a TAN thread about how Edible Arrangements is the stupidest, most backhandedly eff you gift ever? NO ONE EATS THE DAMN THING and it gets thrown away after two weeks completely untouched. Total waste of money. Will someone indulge me in this conversation?

i'll send you one if you send me one and then i'll entertain this conversation.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1186 on: April 17, 2015, 12:19:58 pm »
i was going to send a surprise edible arrangement on our one year anniversary but with that attitude i  don't think you deserve it.
Can we please do a TAN thread about how Edible Arrangements is the stupidest, most backhandedly eff you gift ever? NO ONE EATS THE DAMN THING and it gets thrown away after two weeks completely untouched. Total waste of money. Will someone indulge me in this conversation?

Why don't we just cut out the middle man and each set $60 on fire and skip the part where we take the thing out to the dumpster?
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #1187 on: April 17, 2015, 01:01:34 pm »

if you're not willing to
Why don't we just cut out the middle man and each set $60 on fire and skip the part where we take the thing out to the dumpster?

true story: i had a really nice roommate in college whos dad worked at a major airline.  since i flew to/from school, he would hook me up with cheap standby tickets all the time.  i truly appreciated it, and sent his family an edible arrangement as a thank you. 

granted i was 18, 19, 20 years old when i did this, but looking back, i really thought i was doing something nice to show my appreciation. 

« Reply #1188 on: April 17, 2015, 01:03:52 pm »
I mean, it's the thought that counts, absolutely. But it is a terrible gift. We get one a month at work from vendors and the things are literally never touched.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #1189 on: April 17, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »
I mean, it's the thought that counts, absolutely. But it is a terrible gift. We get one a month at work from vendors and the things are literally never touched.

i wouldn't buy shit from those vendors.

disqualifed bid: sends too many edible arrangments.  fiscally irresponsible.

vansmack

« Reply #1190 on: April 17, 2015, 03:35:24 pm »

There's one in my fridge here at the office and it's been there all week.  One piece of fruit is gone. #truestory
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1191 on: April 17, 2015, 03:37:01 pm »

It's a keeper league, right?  I will extract one glass of alcohol a year from you, for every year you reap the rewards from the Angels ace, but only in person.
27>34

« Reply #1192 on: April 17, 2015, 03:57:51 pm »
I know no one else was probably watching the Tigers/White Sox game, but Ventura should literally be fired for not challenging that call.
LVMH

« Reply #1193 on: April 17, 2015, 04:03:16 pm »
Chris Bryant has 3 strikeouts and the game isn't even over yet. Point is, he sucks at baseball.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #1194 on: April 17, 2015, 04:05:57 pm »
Chris Bryant has 3 strikeouts and the game isn't even over yet. Point is, he sucks at baseball.

I am shocked that Maddon gave his rookie the clean up spot on his MLB debut.  Maddon deserves what he has gotten for that decision.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #1195 on: April 17, 2015, 04:20:05 pm »
I know no one else was probably watching the Tigers/White Sox game, but Ventura should literally be fired for not challenging that call.

i was following the game track and saw a picture... yikes.

detroit looking nasty, even w/o vmart. 

enjoy yoenis.  you'll get 3 strikeouts per game, which makes him the worst baseball player ever, on par with kris bryant and bryce harper, but every now and then he'll pretty much win a game for you by himself. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #1196 on: April 17, 2015, 04:21:37 pm »

It's a keeper league, right?  I will extract one glass of alcohol a year from you, for every year you reap the rewards from the Angels ace, but only in person.

it's not a full dynasty league.  he wasn't one of my 7 keepers.

vansmack

« Reply #1197 on: April 17, 2015, 04:39:41 pm »
enjoy yoenis.  you'll get 3 strikeouts per game, which makes him the worst baseball player ever, on par with kris bryant and bryce harper, but every now and then he'll pretty much win a game for you by himself. 

I've seen him win an entire series.  In person.  I'm glad he's no longer in the AL West.
27>34

« Reply #1198 on: April 17, 2015, 04:47:50 pm »
i was following the game track and saw a picture... yikes.
I mean, I'm a Tigers fan and even I'll admit he was out. To not even challenge it, when you still have a challenge, IN THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH?! I mean, that is just pure dereliction of duties.

detroit looking nasty, even w/o vmart. 
I knew the lineup would be pretty good but the pitching staff is so far ahead of even the rosiest projections it's crazy.

Point is, he sucks at baseball.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #1199 on: April 17, 2015, 09:56:59 pm »
Mike Trout,  at age 23,  the youngest player ever with 100 101 HR's and 100 Stolen Bases. 

I think he's going to be pretty good.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:42:43 pm by vansmack »
27>34