Author Topic: I don't know who Crookers is but they sure look like retards.  (Read 10257 times)

James Ford

I don't know who Crookers is but they sure look like retards.
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:25:49 am »
I don't know who Crookers is but they sure look like retards.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: I don't know who Crookers is but they sure look like retards.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:45:17 am »
As someone who works with individuals with intellectual disabilities, I find this language offensive and your decision to use it regrettable.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:47:00 am by Julian, Former Weblebrity »
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 11:58:11 am »
As someone who works with individuals with intellectual disabilities, I find this language offensive and your decision to use it regrettable.

So what is the rule that you are only allowed to call people who are actually retarded, 'Retarded"? And not to use it as an insult?

Relaxer

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 12:05:35 pm »
Even a retard knows not to duplicate a thread title in the opening post. That's just poor form, no matter your level of handicappedness.
oword

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 12:12:55 pm »

So what is the rule that you are only allowed to call people who are actually retarded, 'Retarded"? And not to use it as an insult?
The term is antiquated and shouldn't be used for anyone.
LVMH

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 12:15:08 pm »
Even a retard knows not to duplicate a thread title in the opening post. That's just poor form, no matter your level of handicappedness.
He still top posts on quotes despite me pointing it out several times. This guy would be kill filed in mass on any early- 90s newsgroup.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 12:21:34 pm »
i thought the one guy was gene ween, when i first saw.  the hat on the other guy, screams . . . i do molly, a lot, a lot, of  molly.

atomic

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 12:28:41 pm »

Why is it antiquated?  It is a scientific term like saying someone has down's syndrome. I have a degree in Psychology we used the term in our diagnostic manual.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 12:38:27 pm »
I have a degree in Psychology we used the term in our diagnostic manual.
You should get a newer diagnostic manual. The DSM V has stricken "mental retardation" from axis I and II diagnoses in favor of "intellectual disability disorder." (I believe the same was already done on the latest DSM IV TR, but do not have a copy handy to confirm.) This is in response to a federal mandate called Rosa's Law.

In psychology and human services, the title QMRP has been replaced with QIDP.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 12:46:09 pm »
You should get a newer diagnostic manual. The DSM V has stricken "mental retardation" from axis I and II diagnoses in favor of "intellectual disability disorder." (I believe the same was already done on the latest DSM IV TR, but do not have a copy handy to confirm.) This is in response to a federal mandate called Rosa's Law.

The absurdity of some people and the amount of time they waste on such asinine things as political correctness so amuses me.  Sad that THIS is what some people do in order to make themselves feel as they have done something good for society while all they have done is feed their own megalomaniacal egos.
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 12:49:08 pm »

MEDICAL BITCHSLAP!!!

<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 01:08:34 pm »

The absurdity of some people and the amount of time they waste on such asinine things as political correctness so amuses me.  Sad that THIS is what some people do in order to make themselves feel as they have done something good for society while all they have done is feed their own megalomaniacal egos.

"job creators"
😐 🎶

ggw

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 01:16:08 pm »

Relaxer

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 01:52:24 pm »
Yeah, well look where his cavalier attitude to saying "reatard" got him.
oword

James Ford

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 01:59:54 pm »
My apologies to any of you who have Down's Syndrome, or who have relatives or spouses who have Down's Syndrome.

Anyway, I wasn't referring to them looking like they have Down's Syndrome, because they clearly don't. I was referring to the fact that they look like the type of  vacant looking stoner/jocks (who are now in their 40's and probably working at a fast food restaurant) I went to high school with who called me "faggot" because I had a Billy Idol haircut.