Author Topic: META: Can we have a serious discussion about shutting down Just Announced?  (Read 31173 times)

atomic

Re: META: Can we have a serious discussion about shutting down Just Announced?
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 07:23:09 pm »
Everyone should just post in my Whisk(e)y thread or one of the other intoxicating threads I have discovered and developed like my own personal garden.

I don't drink whiskey.  We should have a Mad Dog 20/20 thread.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 10:20:32 pm »
you have got to be kidding me...

If that's a serious question, you clearly don't get Julian.
<sig>

Unsanity

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2014, 02:28:52 am »
The JA thread is the reason I started coming on here. Looks like I am not the only one in that boat. Its the first thread I check when I log on. I do enjoy pretty much everything else on this board though. I think its ok to post some relevant discussion/commentary in the JA thread as long as there is a show announcement somewhere in your post.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2014, 07:28:04 am »
The JA is the most popular thread on this forum.

Solution for you: don't click/read the JA. Why do you even care? You live in Richmond...the thread's not even for you.

And its basically, at this point, 4 or 5 people posting a bunch of show announcements for concerts no one would even consider seeing.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:31:50 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2014, 11:07:14 am »
And its basically, at this point, 4 or 5 people posting a bunch of show announcements for concerts no one would even consider seeing.

I wonder, has there ever been a show announced that NO ONE has attended let alone considered 'going seeing'?
FUKIT

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2014, 12:32:04 pm »
The JA thread is the reason I started coming on here. Looks like I am not the only one in that boat. Its the first thread I check when I log on.

The JA is the most popular thread on this forum.
Guys, I appreciate -- and am so humbled by -- your affinity for Julian's America, but let's deal with this concert listing menace right now and how people can better allocate their time by having meaningful discussions with other boardies!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:33:51 pm by Julian, Former Weblebrity »
LVMH

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2014, 12:33:23 pm »

I wonder, has there ever been a show announced that NO ONE has attended let alone considered 'going seeing'?
I would wager easily a third of the shows posted about in the last 12 months had no boardie with 10+ posts in attendance.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2014, 12:35:02 pm »
Solution for you: don't click/read the JA. Why do you even care? You live in Richmond...the thread's not even for you.

julian = ratbastard?

atomic

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2014, 12:39:49 pm »

I would wager easily a third of the shows posted about in the last 12 months had no boardie with 10+ posts in attendance.

I don't know.  Agazhel, KillSally, and ShowlistDC seem to go to a ton of shows. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2014, 01:37:17 pm »
to answer the OP's original question: no, we can't.  let's, as a group, find the collective strength to move on.
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2014, 01:42:07 pm »
...let's deal with this concert listing menace right now and how people can better allocate their time by having meaningful discussions with other boardies!

Basically, you would prefer people allocate their time to "meaningful" discussions like your "look at me, I'm drunk" thread.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2014, 02:05:34 pm »
I propose that since this is a board for a music venue, that all non-music discussion and threads be deleted immediately and anyone who talks about anything other than music, be banned for life. 

Jeez, don't you people use Facebook or Twitter? 

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2014, 02:31:11 pm »
...let's deal with this concert listing menace right now and how people can better allocate their time by having meaningful discussions with other boardies!

Basically, you would prefer people allocate their time to "meaningful" discussions like your "look at me, I'm drunk" thread.
Its not "me," it's "we," brother! I would like all of us to be looking at each other's drunkeness! It takes a village!
LVMH

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2014, 02:33:16 pm »
I propose that since this is a board for a music venue, that all non-music discussion and threads be deleted immediately and anyone who talks about anything other than music, be banned for life. 
And in your alternate proposal, we would only be discussing IMP shows, yes? Ostensibly, this "board for a music venue" wasn't created to provide free advertising for Fearless Leader's competitors, no?
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2014, 02:35:03 pm »

julian = ratbastard?

Wow and I thought people had tried to insult me here before!
FUKIT