Author Topic: META: Can we have a serious discussion about shutting down Just Announced?  (Read 31194 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: META: Can we have a serious discussion about shutting down Just Announced?
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2014, 02:36:04 pm »
And its basically, at this point, 4 or 5 people posting a bunch of show announcements for concerts no one would even consider seeing.

I wonder, has there ever been a show announced that NO ONE has attended let alone considered 'going seeing'?
I would wager easily a third of the shows posted about in the last 12 months had no boardie with 10+ posts in attendance.

And exactly how does that impact you and your pretty little life?
FUKIT

atomic

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2014, 02:36:51 pm »
I propose that since this is a board for a music venue, that all non-music discussion and threads be deleted immediately and anyone who talks about anything other than music, be banned for life. 

Jeez, don't you people use Facebook or Twitter? 

First off you can't troll on Facebook or your wife gets mad  at you.  Second no one uses twitter.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2014, 03:01:38 pm »
Think of the forum as the BackBar, where I'm sure people discuss all manner of non music topics...
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2014, 03:27:45 pm »
I propose that since this is a board for a music venue, that all non-music discussion and threads be deleted immediately and anyone who talks about anything other than music, be banned for life. 

Jeez, don't you people use Facebook or Twitter? 

First off you can't troll on Facebook or your wife gets mad  at you.  Second no one uses twitter.
I use Twitter.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2014, 03:29:45 pm »
And does he ever use Twitter ;)
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2014, 04:00:11 pm »
I really know no one in real life who uses twitter.  Almost everyone uses Facebook to some degree.  I think most of the twitter accounts aren't real.  I can't wait for it to go away so I never have to hear about it anymore. 

Anyway I think most new technologies are actually are negatives to society.   Video Games, Smart Phones, Tablets, Netflix, Twitter all stuff to keep you from doing stuff with your life.  Shit people don't even e-mail anymore.  I guess that is why message boards have gone down hill as it requires you to actually make the effort to type a thought out and use punctuation.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2014, 04:14:57 pm »
The only person I ever really see talking about Twitter is you. I can't wait for you to go away. If I'm being honest.

Which I am.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2014, 04:16:10 pm »
I really know no one in real life who uses twitter.  Almost everyone uses Facebook to some degree.  I think most of the twitter accounts aren't real.  I can't wait for it to go away so I never have to hear about it anymore. 

Anyway I think most new technologies are actually are negatives to society.   Video Games, Smart Phones, Tablets, Netflix, Twitter all stuff to keep you from doing stuff with your life.  Shit people don't even e-mail anymore.  I guess that is why message boards have gone down hill as it requires you to actually make the effort to type a thought out and use punctuation.

are you currently logged in under the right account? You're making some sense today.

atomic

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2014, 04:33:29 pm »
The only person I ever really see talking about Twitter is you. I can't wait for you to go away. If I'm being honest.

Which I am.

I would trust your opinion except all you seem to care about is sports and some sports team that you have no affiliation to winning a championship which they never seem to do.  If your local sports team winning championships is so important to you then you should move to Boston.  Here is the clue:  Spectator sports are purely entertainment and who wins or loses should not affect you one bit.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:40:17 pm by atomic »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2014, 04:36:24 pm »
affect

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2014, 04:48:41 pm »

Which I am.

I would trust your opinion except all you seem to care about is sports and some sports team that you have no affiliation to winning a championship which they never seem to do.  If your local sports team winning championships is so important to you then you should move to Boston.  Here is the clue:  Spectator sports are purely entertainment and who wins or loses should not affect you one bit.
Why do you care so much about what I care about. Do you care about me and what I care about. That's awful nice of you, Tom Tom.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2014, 04:53:23 pm »

Which I am.

Why do you care so much about what I care about. Do you care about me and what I care about. That's awful nice of you, Tom Tom.

Isn't Tom Tom a GPS?  No, I don't really care that much about you but you do seem to be to sports what RatBastard is to politics. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2014, 04:56:16 pm »
I don't know if that's good or bad. I just like talking about sports and what not.
‼‼?‼‼

azaghal1981

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2014, 04:59:46 pm »

Which I am.

Isn't Tom Tom a GPS?  No, I don't really care that much about you but you do seem to be to sports what RatBastard is to politics. 

That's not fair. He seems to at least know about sports.
احمد