Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612560 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #780 on: December 07, 2015, 11:51:07 am »
The Leftovers season 2 was one of the most interesting seasons of television I've seen in a long time.
LVMH

« Reply #781 on: December 07, 2015, 12:07:48 pm »
Any opinions on Jessica Jones?

One episode in for me...first episode wasn't great, but I'm willing to give it a few more episodes.

The lead actress is pretty. I always confuse her with the girl from Masters of Sex.
Burned through the first 10 episodes last week. Super captivating, super stressful TV lol. I thought Daredevil was hands down my favorite show of the year, but man, as Jessica Jones goes on it really starts firing on all cylinders. Excited to finish it up and see how it is. It also leads me to want to see more Marvel TV shows.

I've had an odd thing for this actress since I saw her on Breaking Bad.
Hadn't even heard about this...nice as I've got nothing in the queue to watch lately
I loved DD and really look forward to the next season, but wondering if the rest of the viewing audience had the same opinion as us?

Looking forward to Punisher done by Jon Bernthal

Will they break out Electra ...I think they will
I want more Stick as well (ok, I know this is lobbing one out there)
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #782 on: December 07, 2015, 02:08:25 pm »
The Leftovers season 2 was one of the most interesting seasons of television I've seen in a long time.

That's how I feel about Fargo season 2. Stunningly great TV.

« Reply #783 on: December 07, 2015, 02:10:41 pm »

Fargo season 2 is a much better season of television than Leftovers season 2, but I find Leftovers to be more "interesting" because it is such an odd, odd collection of (mostly great) choices.

Fargo has been so good.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #784 on: December 07, 2015, 02:46:30 pm »
Any opinions on Jessica Jones?

One episode in for me...first episode wasn't great, but I'm willing to give it a few more episodes.

The lead actress is pretty. I always confuse her with the girl from Masters of Sex.
Burned through the first 10 episodes last week. Super captivating, super stressful TV lol. I thought Daredevil was hands down my favorite show of the year, but man, as Jessica Jones goes on it really starts firing on all cylinders. Excited to finish it up and see how it is. It also leads me to want to see more Marvel TV shows.

I've had an odd thing for this actress since I saw her on Breaking Bad.
Hadn't even heard about this...nice as I've got nothing in the queue to watch lately
I loved DD and really look forward to the next season, but wondering if the rest of the viewing audience had the same opinion as us?

Looking forward to Punisher done by Jon Bernthal

Will they break out Electra ...I think they will
I want more Stick as well (ok, I know this is lobbing one out there)
The grittiness of DD makes me beyond giddy to see The Punisher brought into that universe. Especially since the violence seems to be no holds barred in DD and in JJ. It's super surprising just seeing how Marvel has treated the movies and TV shows on basic TV/cable vs their Netflix shows. The violence in JJ gets disturbing at some points. Can't wait to finish it!
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #785 on: December 07, 2015, 03:26:59 pm »

Agreed.  I'm loving season 2 as much as I did season 1.  Sorry it's so near the end.  Happy happy happy that it has been picked up for a third season.

« Reply #786 on: December 07, 2015, 03:28:11 pm »

Agreed.  I'm loving season 2 as much as I did season 1.  Sorry it's so near the end.  Happy happy happy that it has been picked up for a third season.
I thought Season 2 was significantly better than the first.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #787 on: December 08, 2015, 09:09:02 am »
The Leftovers and Fargo are some of the best tv I've seen in a while.

Meanwhile, The Walking Dead just gets more boring by the second.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #788 on: December 09, 2015, 01:03:53 pm »
Finished Jessica Jones. Worth the watch. The ending and arc of Daredevil was overall better, but JJ was still worth the watch. I won't spoil anything but the last episode if pretty fun!
‼‼?‼‼

walk,on,by

« Reply #789 on: December 09, 2015, 01:08:49 pm »
I stopped daredevil about five episodes in.  so it is worth the continue on?  and I keep hearing about this Jessica jones, but its hard to watch yet another series.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #790 on: December 09, 2015, 01:11:04 pm »
Daredevil's semi slow burn and payoff is awesome. They kind of tried it with Jessica Jones but it turns into way more of a cat & mouse game... I like the sort of "origin" story of Daredevil in that series. In JJ she's already kind of established. I think they're both worth watching. If you finish Daredevil you should definitely follow it with Jessica Jones.

They both take place in the same neighborhood!
‼‼?‼‼

walk,on,by

« Reply #791 on: December 09, 2015, 01:12:11 pm »
thank you, kind sir.  I will watch one this evening, then.

K8teebug

« Reply #792 on: December 10, 2015, 12:47:09 pm »
Finished Jessica Jones. Worth the watch. The ending and arc of Daredevil was overall better, but JJ was still worth the watch. I won't spoil anything but the last episode if pretty fun!

I'm 4 episodes in. I didn't read the comic, but I'm liking it, even though it is really stressing me out! I don't watch Dr. Who, but I loved the Killgrave actor in Broadchurch.

And...maybe I should not have looked at the comics.

Space Freely

« Reply #793 on: December 10, 2015, 01:20:58 pm »

I'm 4 episodes in. I didn't read the comic, but I'm liking it, even though it is really stressing me out! I don't watch Dr. Who, but I loved the Killgrave actor in Broadchurch.

Two episodes in and both my wife and I are bored. I think we just aren't into superhero or comic based films or shows.

« Reply #794 on: December 10, 2015, 01:47:03 pm »

watched three last night and I'm hooked.  Acting, story and cinematography are all great IMO
Never read or heard of the comic.  But it's great and the super hero part seems like a pretty small part of the story (that may change)

Killgrave is a great character in general, mind controlling people to do your bidding!

Also, superhero sex!  seems like a first to me and pretty graphic (for a tv show) to boot  Episode 3 they bang like four times

With DD, I grew up just entranced with how Frank Miller changed the way I (and everyone else) looked at comics, heroes (or anti-heroes) and the dark stories you could tell.  His characters were so different than any other comic at the time.  Stick and Electra as well as the reboot of the punisher and other good/bad guys 
And just the way he depicted this dark NY like no one before...Hell's Kitchen!

Most people's exposure to Miller was the Dark Knight, but for me DD always has a special place

Nowadays seems very normal, but back then comics were still pretty one dimensional.  This series is doing a great job at bringing that to the screen...which the Movie (ben unaffected) did an horrendous job of.
slack