Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 611984 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1005 on: August 08, 2016, 10:19:41 am »
Seinfeld spec script about the aftermath of 9/11

Possibly the best spec script I've ever seen.
This had me in tears.
Its near-perfectly done. The Uncle Leo cameo seemed like fanservice and not organic to the plot but otherwise its flawless imo.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1006 on: August 08, 2016, 01:06:01 pm »
Seinfeld spec script about the aftermath of 9/11

Possibly the best spec script I've ever seen.
This had me in tears.
Its near-perfectly done. The Uncle Leo cameo seemed like fanservice and not organic to the plot but otherwise its flawless imo.
They really hit every character so perfectly. George and Kramer steal it. George's parents killed me.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1007 on: August 08, 2016, 08:07:56 pm »
Found The Tunnel (in its entirety, not just the last two eps like on my PBS OD thru cable) thru the PBS Roku app, which is Byzantine, slapshot, and possibly the worst app I've ever seen.

Here's hoping the show is worth it!!

Wow found out what you mean about the Roku PBS app...  The whole having to make a favorites list on the passport site in order to see other than the free shows in the app is a huge pain.  I find the show PBS Passport site a royal pain, given that for most part the shows they list are just the episode previews and not the entire show.  bleech...
T.Rex

« Reply #1008 on: August 08, 2016, 09:51:30 pm »
I really want both the kids on Ray Donovan to die. Especially the son. Preferably he kills himself playing with a gun.
LVMH

« Reply #1010 on: August 14, 2016, 10:29:52 pm »
these westworld  teasers have got me piqued
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1011 on: August 15, 2016, 11:25:49 am »
Finished watching all of House of Cards and the interest is piqued for whatever comes next... 

Watched all of "Man In The High Castle" and while it feels draw out, probably to get the level of detail higher, it's still well done.  It's really grime at times...

Also, took in the Get Down and while it was pretty fluffy, it's done as a if were a six hour plus movie with great production values.  It's all about the emergence of hip-hip culture along with disco at the end of the 70s in the bronx.   The punk/new wave movement at the time only get a passing mention.  My favorite character was how they depicted Grandmaster Flash, who is just the coolest part of the show.
T.Rex

« Reply #1012 on: August 15, 2016, 11:48:19 am »
Watched all of "Man In The High Castle" and while it feels draw out, probably to get the level of detail higher, it's still well done.  It's really grime at times...
I also felt like the plot really didn't move very far ahead for an entire season of television.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1013 on: August 15, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »
I also felt like the plot really didn't move very far ahead for an entire season of television.

well it only covers like a week or so and i kept expecting some big twist and don't think the ending was it, based on the preview for season 2.
T.Rex

« Reply #1014 on: August 18, 2016, 09:23:13 am »
Pivot shutting down this fall; Fortitude Season 2 has no US home

Someone needs to pick the US rights to that show up, stat.
LVMH

LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #1016 on: August 18, 2016, 12:44:42 pm »
She said there will be more.

Are we all watching Mr. Robot ?!

« Reply #1017 on: August 18, 2016, 12:49:45 pm »
She said there will be more.
To be fair, that article was updated after I posted it. At the time of my publishing, there was no clarification.

Are we all watching Mr. Robot ?!
Not me, but everyone tells me I should.

Anyone seen that Hulu 11/22/63 series? Is this worth watching?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:52:38 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #1018 on: August 19, 2016, 09:43:29 am »
I know the world is already tired of talking about stranger things, but I am half way through it, and I can't help to be distracted by how it does remind me of other movies and stories and ideas.  I'm hate that, especially when the material at hand, is so good.  I have a funny feeling, I will not like the monster once fully shown and the ending . . . because I have become, so entertainment jaded.

K8teebug

« Reply #1019 on: August 19, 2016, 10:22:39 am »
I know the world is already tired of talking about stranger things, but I am half way through it, and I can't help to be distracted by how it does remind me of other movies and stories and ideas.  I'm hate that, especially when the material at hand, is so good.  I have a funny feeling, I will not like the monster once fully shown and the ending . . . because I have become, so entertainment jaded.

I absolutely loved it all. I think you will like it.

Eggos forever.