Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612710 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1410 on: January 31, 2020, 04:16:33 pm »
Looking forward to the season finale of Evil, a great first season for this show.  I’ve seen it described as a cleverly disguised procedural from the Good Wife\Good Fight producers. 

T.Rex

« Reply #1411 on: March 26, 2020, 09:56:02 pm »
I know there is a lot of love for the SW universe on this board.

But I just finished Picard and think it was one of the best shows I’ve seen in a while.
On par with the mandalorian

Even paid for the cbs pass (which I will likely cancel)
slack

« Reply #1412 on: April 10, 2020, 08:01:13 am »
new Tiger King episode being released
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/entertainment/tiger-king-and-i-joel-mchale-trnd/index.html

although it's kinda like an 'after the rose ceremony' episode

Netflix is bringing back its widely talked about docuseries "Tiger King" for one more episode.
The streaming giant announced Thursday that it would release an eighth episode of the show, titled "The Tiger King and I," on April 12.
The episode is an aftershow hosted by comedian Joel McHale, who is featured in Netflix's announcement wearing themed attire (a cowboy hat and a a leopard print shawl).

slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #1413 on: April 12, 2020, 07:13:03 pm »
new Tiger King episode being released
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/entertainment/tiger-king-and-i-joel-mchale-trnd/index.html

although it's kinda like an 'after the rose ceremony' episode

Netflix is bringing back its widely talked about docuseries "Tiger King" for one more episode.
The streaming giant announced Thursday that it would release an eighth episode of the show, titled "The Tiger King and I," on April 12.
The episode is an aftershow hosted by comedian Joel McHale, who is featured in Netflix's announcement wearing themed attire (a cowboy hat and a a leopard print shawl).

andy cohen, on his sirius radio show, has been interviewing some of the players from the series.  inter,esting.

to be honest . . . Tiger King is good.  Wild Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, is better.  Free to watch on Amazon Prime, Video.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1414 on: April 13, 2020, 09:32:49 am »
Season 2 of "What We Do in the Shadows" premieres on Wednesday.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1415 on: April 13, 2020, 10:20:52 am »
Wild Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, is better.  Free to watch on Amazon Prime, Video.
WWWofWV is one of my favorite things of all time. When I was a teenager, my dad took a job about fifty miles from where it was filmed for two years. Good to know it’s free on Amazon Prime - haven’t seen it in three or four years.

Edit: You should see the original documentary, Dancing Outlaw, from the early 90s. That’s even better.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:28:33 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1416 on: April 13, 2020, 11:28:06 am »
Finished Big Bang Theory season 2!

Is it considered “prestige”?!?

« Reply #1417 on: April 13, 2020, 11:43:35 am »
slack

« Reply #1418 on: April 13, 2020, 11:48:23 am »
Finished Big Bang Theory season 2!

Is it considered “prestige”?!?
Basically the antithesis.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1419 on: April 13, 2020, 11:49:08 am »
Oh

Space Freely

« Reply #1420 on: April 14, 2020, 10:54:33 am »
Just saw that Succession is available to stream for free on Prime. Also, Season 1 of Barry, Only temporary.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/a32034734/how-to-watch-succession/

If you're looking to get into HBO's cult hit Succession—maybe because of its copious rave reviews, or to oblige a friend who's been pestering you to watch it for years, or simply to understand the show's endless Twitter memes—there's never been a better time. HBO has opened up the Succession floodgates, making it available to watch for the first time ever without a subscription.

Below, all the details on how to watch Succession—even after the paywall goes back up.

For a (presumably) limited time, the acclaimed series can be accessed free of charge.

Amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, HBO has made several of its original series available to stream without a subscription, including Succession.

« Reply #1421 on: April 14, 2020, 11:11:23 am »
Barry is great although never finished season 1
Succession has been on my to-do list for a while
slack

« Reply #1422 on: April 14, 2020, 11:32:32 am »
Succession, starting with the back half of season 1, is maybe the best thing currently on TV. Holy shit, that show.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #1423 on: April 14, 2020, 01:14:03 pm »
Succession is great, but probably hard to watch right now.

Did anyone else finish Schitt's Creek? I ugly cried.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1424 on: April 14, 2020, 01:29:03 pm »
Did anyone else finish Schitt's Creek? I ugly cried.

is it just me, or did that show come out of nowhere and completely take over for 15 minutes?  i swear i hadn't heard of this show a month ago, but the finale made millions of fans crawl out from under their rocks... everyone was talking about that last show it seems.
<sig>