Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612526 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1440 on: May 01, 2020, 07:54:12 pm »
I mean, Logan is the worst person on the show. He begot all the rest of them; they are who they are because of his monstrousness. That’s a given.

But Culkin is the most unlikeable because he never shuts the fuck up whereas Logan is content to sit in a corner and just yell “Fuck off” at random passersby once and hour.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1441 on: May 02, 2020, 05:08:14 am »
But Culkin is the most unlikeable because he never shuts the fuck up whereas Logan is content to sit in a corner and just yell “Fuck off” at random passersby once and hour.

you guys really know how to make this sound like must-watch tv...
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1442 on: May 02, 2020, 08:09:44 pm »
It's great, actually.  So many despicable characters.

« Reply #1443 on: May 04, 2020, 02:27:58 pm »
Nicolas Cage will play Joe Exotic (aka the Tiger King) in a scripted TV series.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1444 on: May 04, 2020, 02:32:32 pm »
Nicolas Cage will play Joe Exotic (aka the Tiger King) in a scripted TV series.

Is it Cage's presence that elevates this one to "Prestige" status? Would it be prestige tv if David Spade had been selected?

evilizac

« Reply #1445 on: May 06, 2020, 10:47:39 am »
Isn't Nic Cage like one Leaving Las Vegas nostalgia trip (and Coppola adjacent-ness level) away from being a Sharknado rated celebrity?
He releases more direct to "video" movies than 90s Michael Eisner helmed Disney.
WHAT?

Space Freely

« Reply #1446 on: May 12, 2020, 05:08:52 pm »
I have watched all of Better Call Saul.

Good show.

I'm on Season 4 Episode 3 and I still can't figure out why critics loves this show. Rhea Seehorn is kinda hot in a Virginia girl went to Mason understated way, and I like the ugly Mike character, and I'm glad (spoiler warning) the annoying guy from Laverne and Shirley died, but geez, is anything ever going to actually happen on this show? I keep hoping it turns into Breaking Bad but so far it hasn't.

« Reply #1447 on: May 12, 2020, 06:44:50 pm »
I have watched all of Better Call Saul.

Good show.

I'm on Season 4 Episode 3 and I still can't figure out why critics loves this show. Rhea Seehorn is kinda hot in a Virginia girl went to Mason understated way, and I like the ugly Mike character, and I'm glad (spoiler warning) the annoying guy from Laverne and Shirley died, but geez, is anything ever going to actually happen on this show? I keep hoping it turns into Breaking Bad but so far it hasn't.
I had this same complaint in seasons 2 and 3 but the show starts to improve dramatically around the point you are now once Chuck is not the central antagonist. The most recent season was incredible.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1448 on: May 24, 2020, 06:30:37 pm »
Devs, was, great.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1449 on: June 08, 2020, 05:33:29 pm »
Did anyone else finish Schitt's Creek? I ugly cried.

is it just me, or did that show come out of nowhere and completely take over for 15 minutes?  i swear i hadn't heard of this show a month ago, but the finale made millions of fans crawl out from under their rocks... everyone was talking about that last show it seems.
It really was one of those shows where everyone seemed to discover it between season 3 and 4 on Netflix. If you look back at this thread, Kosmo and I discuss it in its first season on Pop but yeah, it seemed to attain a critical mass (especially around younger folks -- I don't know hoe many people in their twenties you have on social media but they all love it) around a year ago as it was starting to wind down.

if the show wasn't already over, i believe this would have constituted jumping the shark:

Mariah Carey surprises 'Schitt's Creek' cast by crashing their 2020 commencement video
<sig>

« Reply #1450 on: June 11, 2020, 02:09:51 pm »
Tony Soprano dies in that final scene!   So why the journey song?

The Sopranos creator David Chase reflects on final scene, seems to accidentally confirm Tony’s fate

Chase: Yes, I think I had that death scene around two years before the end… Tony was going to get called to a meeting with Johnny Sack in Manhattan, and he was going to go back through the Lincoln Tunnel for this meeting, and it was going to go black there and you never saw him again as he was heading back, the theory being that something bad happens to him at the meeting. But we didn’t do that.

Matt Zoller Seitz [co-author]: You realise, of course, that you just referred to that as a death scene.

[A long pause follows]

Chase: F*** you guys.
slack

« Reply #1451 on: June 17, 2020, 06:10:27 am »
30 rock to release new 1 hour special
slack

« Reply #1452 on: July 01, 2020, 03:08:01 pm »
Prestige TV before it was a term

Mike Judge is resurrecting Beavis and Butt-Head with Comedy Central ordering two new seasons.
slack

LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1454 on: August 19, 2020, 09:13:50 pm »
Lovecraft Country
I’ll Be Gone In the Dark
I May Destroy You