Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612714 times)

hutch

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1530 on: April 19, 2021, 11:28:44 am »
It would be cool if Morrissey could stop saying outrageous things but then it wouldn’t be Morrissey would it?

« Reply #1531 on: April 19, 2021, 11:31:15 am »
His run between 1983-1995 is one of the best.. his run with the Smiths is the last great run in music....five years of perfection
in agreement there too...
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1532 on: April 19, 2021, 11:39:00 am »

But it’s THE show that put FOX on the map...

Wait, it wasn't Babes?
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1533 on: April 19, 2021, 11:42:08 am »
Moz reminds me of my uncle Glenn. He’s this slightly above average intelligence guy with a super contrarian streak. If he’s talking to a leftie, he’ll argue right wing talking points. If he’s talking to a Trumper, he’ll mock them and trash their views. He’s not assigned to a fixed ideology — he just likes to argue and prove he’s the smartest person in the room.

Moz is like that. I think he has a bit more of a fixed ideology but I think much of what he says is just about being inflammatory and “proving” he’s the “smartest person in the room.”
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #1534 on: April 19, 2021, 11:48:10 am »
Moz reminds me of my uncle Glenn. He’s this slightly above average intelligence guy with a super contrarian streak. If he’s talking to a leftie, he’ll argue right wing talking points. If he’s talking to a Trumper, he’ll mock them and trash their views. He’s not assigned to a fixed ideology — he just likes to argue and prove he’s the smartest person in the room.

Moz is like that. I think he has a bit more of a fixed ideology but I think much of what he says is just about being inflammatory and “proving” he’s the “smartest person in the room.”

Is your Uncle Glenn posting on here as Space?

« Reply #1535 on: April 19, 2021, 11:48:21 am »

But it’s THE show that put FOX on the map... that’s probably why it’s still around

impactful, yes ...but I do think these shows:  Beverly Hills, 90210, and In Living Color
were actually more important
Simpsons definitely had the stamina, but took a while before it caught on ...at least that's my memory
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1536 on: April 19, 2021, 11:51:47 am »

I don’t think so, but Space has refused to meet me even when he was a mile from my house at a brewery so I cannot say for sure. And that would be a total Uncle Glenn move.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1537 on: April 19, 2021, 11:57:44 am »

I don’t think so, but Space has refused to meet me even when he was a mile from my house at a brewery so I cannot say for sure. And that would be a total Uncle Glenn move.

I wasn't the one objecting to meeting you. I'll meet you at the Arlo Pork show, if you so desire. Though I might prefer to meet your uncle.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:59:47 am by Space Freely »

« Reply #1538 on: April 19, 2021, 12:14:11 pm »
Though I might prefer to meet your uncle.
now there is a budding buddy comedy in the making
slack

« Reply #1539 on: April 19, 2021, 12:57:54 pm »
Not sure if true, but makes sense
@MadcapKostia
worth mentioning this was written by Morrissey's manager

Morrissey Official

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1540 on: April 19, 2021, 02:04:37 pm »

so you're saying it's a family trait?
<sig>

« Reply #1541 on: April 21, 2021, 03:49:40 pm »
Master of None Season 3 Will Premiere on Netflix in May
I think Aziz is great and think him getting 'canceled' was garbage.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1542 on: April 21, 2021, 03:52:46 pm »

He's on my list of people I'd like to punch. Seems like I'd need to wait for him to hit puberty first though.

« Reply #1543 on: April 21, 2021, 03:57:39 pm »

He's on my list of people I'd like to punch. Seems like I'd need to wait for him to hit puberty first though.
I get that,
still think he is comedy gold and this show is fantastic
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1544 on: April 21, 2021, 04:09:58 pm »

He's on my list of people I'd like to punch.

really?  why?
<sig>