Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612551 times)

Space Freely

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1560 on: June 22, 2021, 07:07:09 pm »
Just finished watching the Watchmen series.  Going to be hard to beat that show.  Episode 8 may just be the greatest single episode of a television show I have seen in a very long time.

I couldn't make it through an episode. Just not my kind of show. But I know others really like it.

My wife  fell asleep during the first episode, but she often falls asleep while we're watching tv. Heck, she's fallen asleep during seated rock shows.

WALKonBack

« Reply #1561 on: June 22, 2021, 09:11:28 pm »
There is nothing worse, than your significant other, falling asleep while you are watching a show together.

The, end.

Starsky

« Reply #1562 on: June 22, 2021, 10:47:26 pm »
I wouldn’t stand for it….

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1563 on: June 22, 2021, 11:25:23 pm »
There is nothing worse, than your significant other, falling asleep while you are watching a show together.

The, end.

There are worse partner behaviours.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1564 on: June 23, 2021, 07:25:17 am »
Just finished watching the Watchmen series.  Going to be hard to beat that show.  Episode 8 may just be the greatest single episode of a television show I have seen in a very long time.

I couldn't make it through an episode. Just not my kind of show. But I know others really like it.

My wife  fell asleep during the first episode, but she often falls asleep while we're watching tv. Heck, she's fallen asleep during seated rock shows.

The only rock show I ever fell asleep at was some 80s-era Judas Priest thing.

Space Freely

« Reply #1565 on: June 23, 2021, 07:57:43 am »

The, end.

She works 10-12+ hours on weekdays, then more on weekends. I'm usually the one curating the tv and movie choices (with her taste in mind, and out tastes typically are pretty compatible.) She deserves to fall asleep when she wants and needs (and it's usually laying across my lap, which she enjoys.)

The, end.

« Reply #1566 on: June 23, 2021, 08:14:56 am »
I feel asleep at a Meat Beat Manifesto show at Black Cat in the 90s.  Not really sure how that was possible, but most likely due to little sleep the night before and consuming lots of alcohol

but they used to have those benches along the wall and I just remember by friend waking me up and the hall was nearly empty
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1567 on: June 23, 2021, 08:36:02 am »
Fell asleep - passed out more like it - on the mall during one of those 4ht of July shows way back when. Also took a nap at a PGA event at Congressional.

Hard to imagine falling asleep inside a club. Quite the accomplishment for those that have.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1568 on: June 23, 2021, 09:40:00 am »

The, end.

Yep. We don't watch TV together because of this.

Space Freely

« Reply #1569 on: June 23, 2021, 10:11:27 am »

The, end.

Yep. We don't watch TV together because of this.

How much tv do you watch?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1570 on: June 23, 2021, 10:43:13 am »
In the last year+, I switched to zombie / virus / apocalypse movies more than TV.  She's bingeing 7th Heaven, so there's not really a whole lotta in between.

Space Freely

« Reply #1571 on: June 23, 2021, 11:10:03 am »
In the last year+, I switched to zombie / virus / apocalypse movies more than TV.  She's bingeing 7th Heaven, so there's not really a whole lotta in between.

I watch maybe two hours of tv per night, either via streaming or dvd. Shows or movies. A few basketball and baseball games a year. Probably the most television I've watched since I was a kid. Too much time spent watching TV for it to NOT be couple time.

Of course in pandemic times my kid started staying up late as us and hanging out with us, so no more couple time. And of course there are certain shows and movies that it's weird to watch in front of your 14 year old daughter.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1572 on: June 23, 2021, 11:16:54 am »
I feel asleep at a Meat Beat Manifesto show at Black Cat in the 90s.  Not really sure how that was possible, but most likely due to little sleep the night before and consuming lots of alcohol

but they used to have those benches along the wall and I just remember by friend waking me up and the hall was nearly empty

I fell completely asleep at the one and only DMB show I attended.

« Reply #1573 on: June 23, 2021, 11:20:34 am »

I fell completely asleep at the one and only DMB show I attended.
I think that is a common side effect of being subjected to DMB
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1574 on: June 24, 2021, 10:20:58 pm »
Two episodes in and everything about Kevin Can Fuck Himself is incredible and makes me mad I never became a writer and had a chance to work on this. The concept is mid-brow brilliance, the satire is perfect, and the execution from the actors is top notch. I’m mad this is this good.
LVMH