Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612562 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1575 on: June 25, 2021, 08:07:26 pm »
Can confirm.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1576 on: July 15, 2021, 11:15:34 am »
The second season of I Think You Should Leave has just solidified my opinion that Tim Robinson is one of the great comedic minds of our era. Unbelievable.
LVMH

« Reply #1577 on: July 15, 2021, 11:30:38 am »
The second season of I Think You Should Leave has just solidified my opinion that Tim Robinson is one of the great comedic minds of our era. Unbelievable.
my family has been mocking me relentlessly for enjoying this show...they say it's not comedy
I do think they stepped it up in the makeup dept, I didn't realize he was some of those characters at first
slack

« Reply #1578 on: July 15, 2021, 11:32:26 am »
my family has been mocking me relentlessly for enjoying this show...they say it's not comedy
Sounds like its time to abandon your partner and kids and go to adult haunted house tours and make some new friends. I'll give you a ride.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #1579 on: July 15, 2021, 12:11:33 pm »
Any good family friendly shows?

A man can only take so much Young Sheldon!

HELP!!

« Reply #1580 on: July 15, 2021, 12:38:42 pm »
Prestige television is code for "not for kids or olds."

But, uh, Ted Lasso maybe. Which I think is trite as hell but everyone else loves.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1581 on: July 15, 2021, 12:42:26 pm »
I do think they stepped it up in the makeup dept, I didn't realize he was some of those characters at first

Split decision from my family. Kid loves it, wife not so sure...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1582 on: July 18, 2021, 12:31:53 pm »
Summer of Soul is excellent.

« Reply #1583 on: July 19, 2021, 08:14:19 am »
Summer of Soul is excellent.
can confirm, the quality of the audio and video is outstanding.  Stevie kicking it on the drums and the Sly part was worth the price of admission alone. Great doc and point in time.  Really counters what the media wanted to portray what it was like to live in NYC at that time too
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1584 on: July 19, 2021, 09:22:53 am »
Really enjoyed the first episode of the McCartney/Rubin series on Hulu. I know the series is about McCartney, but i came across this story about Rubin that I enjoyed.

He then played in a band with childhood friends Marc Greenhut, Carlos Ferreiro, and Joey Ferrante, performing at garage and school shows for town friends until a teacher helped him create a punk band called The Pricks. Their biggest claim to fame was being thrown off the stage at CBGB after two songs for brawling with the heckling audience, which friends of the band were instructed to instigate a confrontation so as to get the show shut down and create a buzz. Although he had no authority in New York City, Rubin's father traveled from Nassau County, New York, to Manhattan wearing his Long Beach auxiliary police uniform as he attempted to "shut down" the show.

Yada

« Reply #1585 on: July 22, 2021, 01:45:41 pm »
Admittedly, I'm typically anywhere from a few years to a decade behind in TV viewing, but wow, The Queen's Gambit is a great show.

Starsky

« Reply #1586 on: July 22, 2021, 02:09:06 pm »
Dude you even behind me!!

I am in lurv with Anya Taylor-Joy

Space Freely

« Reply #1587 on: July 22, 2021, 02:11:49 pm »
Admittedly, I'm typically anywhere from a few years to a decade behind in TV viewing, but wow, The Queen's Gambit is a great show.

So much good tv, it's impossible to keep up. For example, we're just starting Season 4 of Schitt's Creek.

Made a point of catching Queen's Gambit early, It was excellent, even though i don't know a thing about chess.

Not really attracted to the girl, but to each their own!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1588 on: July 22, 2021, 02:19:15 pm »
Admittedly, I'm typically anywhere from a few years to a decade behind in TV viewing

no worries - i just finished season 1 and have started season 2 of "Narcos".  dunno what popular opinion was of that series, but i'm thoroughly enjoying it.  belatedly. 
<sig>

« Reply #1589 on: July 22, 2021, 02:44:00 pm »
The best shows in the last few years are definitely: Stranger Things, Schitts Creek and Queens Gambit
I'd add Hacks to that

kevin can f himself...it's good, but I'm not that excited about it

But I've watched all of these and looking for something new.  Narcos doesn't really appeal to me
Oh still haven't watch season 4 of In Treatment (didn't even realize there was a season 3, so wrapping that up)
slack