Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 600744 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1620 on: September 01, 2021, 09:06:37 am »
On HBO Max we are enjoying working through Home at the moment… British sitcom about a Syrian refugee seeking asylum… some cringe worthy moments all handled with humor
were you that kid in High School who talked with the fake British accent?

no but...

the family spent a year aboard in England when my brother and I were in elementary school.  we both came back with accents and were sent to the   school's speech therapist because our teachers thought there was an issue with the way we talked... the note that came back from the speech therapist was that they wished they could talk like us...  accents faded pretty quickly

also my anglophile card has been temporarily suspended because i spelled humor without the extra u
T.Rex

« Reply #1621 on: September 01, 2021, 09:32:42 am »
nice...so you were that guy in elementary school...waaay ahead of your time
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1622 on: September 06, 2021, 06:33:53 pm »
Wheel of Time
November 19th
Amazon Prime

Friday

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1623 on: September 06, 2021, 06:35:47 pm »
Am I the only one, who thought Northern Exposure was dumb?

Space Freely

« Reply #1624 on: September 06, 2021, 07:00:09 pm »
I watched one or two episodes of the Wire but couldn't take all the cursing. I did love Homicide and Treme.

Edit: meant to put that in the Flies thread but guess it works here too

I enjoyed Northern Exposure when it was on but can only imagine it has not aged well. I had two housemates who were from Germany, we used to gather around the little TV for Northern Exposure and Seinfeld.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1625 on: September 06, 2021, 07:10:22 pm »
I never saw Northern Exposure in its time, and can confirm it is currently unwatchable.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1626 on: September 06, 2021, 07:37:22 pm »
Too much cursing already at home?

I watched one or two episodes of the Wire but couldn't take all the cursing. I did love Homicide and Treme.

I enjoyed Northern Exposure when it was on but can only imagine it has not aged well. I had two housemates who were from Germany, we used to gather around the little TV for Northern Exposure and Seinfeld.

Space Freely

« Reply #1627 on: September 06, 2021, 08:08:23 pm »
Too much cursing already at home?

I don't like excessive cursing, be it at home, on TV, in song, anywhere. My dad cursed excessively, always in anger, never in humor, and it was disgusting.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 08:12:30 pm by Space Freely »

Starsky

« Reply #1628 on: September 06, 2021, 08:58:47 pm »
I never saw Northern Exposure in its time, and can confirm it is currently unwatchable.

I could see this but for it’s time I thought it featured good writing and was innovative…

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1629 on: October 01, 2021, 04:47:08 pm »
not sure if this is prestige or not, but jon stewart is back on via apple tv+.

'The Problem With Jon Stewart' takes a serious leap into advocacy journalism
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/30/entertainment/the-problem-with-jon-stewart-review/index.html

Jon Stewart Isn’t Laughing
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/jon-stewart-thr-cover-story-interview-1235013623/
He understands if you are delighted by his return to TV. But like the subjects he'll cover on Apple's 'The Problem With Jon Stewart,' his comeback is a little more complicated: "It’s 'The Daily Show,' but less entertaining — but also maybe more complete."

there are clips on youtube, and they claim the first episode will stream for free but i can't figure out where/how.  time to fire up the torrents...
<sig>

« Reply #1630 on: October 01, 2021, 04:48:58 pm »
Is there a way to watch Apple tv programs ...with out having an apple tv device?

want to watch ted lasso and this...but not getting another device or streaming service
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1631 on: October 01, 2021, 04:53:30 pm »
Is there a way to watch Apple tv programs ...with out having an apple tv device?

want to watch ted lasso and this...but not getting another device or streaming service

I'm with Sidehatch ® ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl

« Reply #1632 on: October 01, 2021, 05:22:13 pm »
man, I need to run for office, look at all this support I'm getting
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1633 on: October 01, 2021, 05:24:08 pm »
We watch Apple TV+ on our Roku

Looks like streaming from the app to a chromecast device would work

It’s also available on a number of smart tvs
T.Rex

« Reply #1634 on: October 01, 2021, 05:31:40 pm »
mmm...might be Koz FTW on this
what's that subscription cost...hard to figure out their website as they really want you to do it on their device
slack