Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 641174 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1665 on: January 11, 2022, 07:10:39 pm »
Yellowjackets is so good. #FiveSeasonsAndAMovie
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1666 on: January 11, 2022, 08:05:08 pm »

Os there a way to watch ot such that i dont have to pay for another streaming aerviy?

« Reply #1667 on: January 11, 2022, 08:10:42 pm »

Os there a way to watch ot such that i dont have to pay for another streaming aerviy?
Im sure there’s some bootleg way to watch Showtime aside from subscribing or paying for the Hulu add on but I’m not the person to ask.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1668 on: January 11, 2022, 08:14:57 pm »

thanks, i passed that recommendation on to the missus - seems right up her alley.

not sure what that hashtag refers to... is that your desired run for this show? ;D
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1669 on: January 11, 2022, 08:19:20 pm »

"aerviy"?  looks like someone consumed their daily 6 oz of beer a little too quickly... ;D

i can't check right now, but looks like you might be able to watch it through Amazon Prime?

the Googles seem to indicate that you can watch it free via Pluto and Roku.

then there are always the .torrents...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #1670 on: January 11, 2022, 08:21:50 pm »
Will someone please tell my wife qnd daughter that Euphoria os not appropriate for 14 year olds? Hell i watched one episode and didn't think it was appropriate for 54 year olds.

Space Freely

« Reply #1671 on: January 11, 2022, 08:25:38 pm »

"aerviy"?  looks like someone consumed their daily 6 oz of beer a little too quickly... ;D

i can't check right now, but looks like you might be able to watch it through Amazon Prime?

the Googles seem to indicate that you can watch it free via Pluto and Roku.

then there are always the .torrents...

Pretty sure you can watch the forst episode for free, but you have to pay for the Showtime add-on after that.

« Reply #1672 on: January 11, 2022, 08:27:53 pm »
Will someone please tell my wife qnd daughter that Euphoria os not appropriate for 14 year olds? Hell i watched one episode and didn't think it was appropriate for 54 year olds.
I enjoy it and far be it from me to deprive a fourteen year old of the nudity and drug use I take for granted as an adult.
LVMH

« Reply #1673 on: January 11, 2022, 08:30:01 pm »

thanks, i passed that recommendation on to the missus - seems right up her alley.

not sure what that hashtag refers to... is that your desired run for this show? ;D
The creators are on the record that they have a five season story arc mapped out for the run of the show. They only have a second season guaranteed.

The “and a movie” part is a callback to a hash tag campaign from Community fanboys about their desire to make Dan Harmons dream of six seasons and a movie come true.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #1674 on: January 11, 2022, 08:38:31 pm »
Deep

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1675 on: January 12, 2022, 07:38:50 am »
Station Eleven is really well done

As are both versions of Ghosts.. once the US version had stumbled a bit through the first two episodes, it very quickly found its stride and improves with each episode
T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #1676 on: January 12, 2022, 08:56:03 am »
But how can I watch it without adding yet another streaming service?

Space Freely

« Reply #1677 on: January 12, 2022, 10:33:19 am »
We made it through four episodes of Station Eleven and then unanimously gonged it. Don't get the hype or the point of the show.

Space Freely

« Reply #1678 on: January 12, 2022, 10:37:09 am »
I enjoy it and far be it from me to deprive a fourteen year old of the nudity and drug use I take for granted as an adult.

Common Sense Media says 18+. I'm sex-positive (I don't have a problem with my 14 year old watching, for example, Sex Lives of College Girls), and don't have a problem watching people (stupidly) use drugs. But I watched one episode and can't think of anything I've ever seen that was more sex-negative.

WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW
Parents need to know that Euphoria is a drama series about a teen girl who's working through addiction along with the usual challenges of adolescence. It features lots of boundary-pushing content related to sex, drugs, and sexual violence. Girls are violated in many ways, included being leered at, groped, and touched without their permission. Boys wonder if they're "whores" and share their images on social media "slut pages." A boy chokes a girl during sex, and a drug dealer tries to extract sexual payment from a girl for drugs. Nudity, especially full-frontal male nudity, is frequent; we see nudity in both sexual contexts (a man pauses before sex to put on a condom) and nonsexual (nude boys cavort in a locker room). We also see many "d--k pics," and older characters having sex or coming on to underage teens. Girls are often depicted as abused, and boys as abusers; though some characters do have redemptive arcs, there's not a lot of kindness or thoughtfulness on display. One character is an addict; many scenes depict her smoking, drinking, taking pills, or snorting (pills or white powders). Cursing is very frequent; expect "f--k," "s--t," "p---y," "a--hole," "bulls--t," "bitch," and "d--k." While it's a show about teens, the extremely mature content is most appropriate for adult viewers. 

« Reply #1679 on: January 12, 2022, 11:12:53 am »
Girls are often depicted as abused, and boys as abusers;
This is a valid complaint.
LVMH