Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 636505 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1740 on: June 30, 2022, 08:30:06 am »
He's playing himself, right?
I already made this joke with the "is this acting or a cameo, technically?" line.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1741 on: June 30, 2022, 08:34:01 am »
He's playing himself, right?
I already made this joke with the "is this acting or a cameo, technically?" line.

Sorry. I missed that. Having never met Seth, I don't know what he's really like. I guess it's a testament to his acting chops that I will now think of him as that character.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1742 on: July 11, 2022, 02:36:00 pm »
We binged The Bear on Hulu over the weekend and let me tell you it's a wild ride...  Hopefully, we'll get a second season of this, as it's well down and had ending that resulted in a trending google search.. 

also enjoyed Outlaws on Prime and seeing as it's in Bristol there is an actual Bansky painting appearance.. Stephen Merchant and Christopher Walken are great in it and a second season has already aired in the UK which the US gets in August...
T.Rex

« Reply #1743 on: July 11, 2022, 03:41:53 pm »
We binged The Bear on Hulu over the weekend and let me tell you it's a wild ride...  Hopefully, we'll get a second season of this, as it's well down and had ending that resulted in a trending google search.. 
I also binged this entire thing this weekend. Solid B+. There is near Safdie Bros levels of tension in some of these episodes and episode 7 is in the running for the best 30 minutes of television I've seen this year.

Second the calls for another season of this.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1744 on: July 11, 2022, 05:28:45 pm »
I also binged this entire thing this weekend. Solid B+. There is near Safdie Bros levels of tension in some of these episodes and episode 7 is in the running for the best 30 minutes of television I've seen this year.

I've heard there's lots of Wilco.

« Reply #1745 on: July 11, 2022, 05:30:22 pm »

Uh, there’s Via Chicago in one episode but I don’t recall anything else by them. I could be mistaken.

(Also a Chicago by Sufjan Stevens opening credit to one ep.)
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1746 on: July 14, 2022, 10:47:47 am »
Season Two of The Bear announced!
T.Rex

« Reply #1747 on: July 14, 2022, 11:05:02 am »
Felt like a sure thing. It’s kind of turning into the show of the summer. So many people have brought it up out of nowhere with me.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1748 on: July 14, 2022, 11:14:07 am »
Felt like a sure thing. It’s kind of turning into the show of the summer. So many people have brought it up out of nowhere with me.

It was excellent. Makes me wanna rewatch Shameless.

« Reply #1749 on: July 14, 2022, 11:41:03 am »

As long as you discontinue about a season before Fiona leaves, that seems like fun.
LVMH

« Reply #1750 on: July 14, 2022, 04:35:26 pm »
We binged The Bear on Hulu
Uh, there’s Via Chicago in one episode but I don’t recall anything else by them. I could be mistaken.
(Also a Chicago by Sufjan Stevens opening credit to one ep.)
hate to say space was right...but
https://uproxx.com/indie/the-bear-soundtrack-showrunners-interview/
there are also three Wilco songs.

As long as you discontinue about a season before Fiona leaves, that seems like fun.
She was excellent in that show, is Jihane Bousfiha a pen name you use for publications?
https://www.pastemagazine.com/tv/showtime/shameless-emmy-rossum-fiona-underrated/\

actually quite a past with the Opera and relased an album in 2007

« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:43:13 pm by I am the Cuttlefish ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #1751 on: July 14, 2022, 05:06:05 pm »
I mean, I don’t think it’s some unicorn of an idea that once the narrative lead/main character of a show leaves in season 9 or whatever, that the show generally gets worse. Who are these people who prefer the Fiona-less Shamless seasons?

And re: the music career, she did a “Cotton: the fabric of our lives” commercial too, if you recall.
LVMH

« Reply #1752 on: July 14, 2022, 05:16:28 pm »
the narrative lead/main character of a show
wait, it's not Frank?!
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1753 on: July 14, 2022, 05:41:01 pm »
Well if the US version of Shameless had followed in the footsteps of the UK version, most of the original cast would have been gone by the end.  The UK Frank was pretty much the last one standing in that one.

And honestly I don’t really see myself watching it again, things really went sour when Frank walked away from the dying women at one point. 
T.Rex

LVMH