Author Topic: Firefly festival  (Read 8995 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Firefly festival
« on: January 18, 2014, 11:53:00 am »
Has anyone here attended the Firefly Festival? Thinking about attending this year, mostly because it's so god damn accessible. I think I'm running out of time to go see a large scale festival and Firefly seems much more reasonable than Bonnaroo or the other fests a long way a way. I would appreciate any thoughts on this festival and if it is worth the money.

Thanks.

StoneTheCrow

Re: Firefly festival
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 01:29:13 pm »
mostly because it's so god damn accessible

this is the primary reason I always want to go.  And then the line up talks me out of it.  $250 for that?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 01:32:59 pm »
I have not been but I know five people who have. All of them are huge fans of the Dave Matthews Band. Small sample size, but that vibe turns me off.

Agree lineup is not commiserate with cost too.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 01:43:36 pm »
I have not been but I know five people who have. All of them are huge fans of the Dave Matthews Band. Small sample size, but that vibe turns me off.

Agree lineup is not commiserate with cost too.

Friends don't let friends be fans of Dave Matthews...
FUKIT

Yada

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 02:09:01 pm »
Has anyone here attended the Firefly Festival? Thinking about attending this year, mostly because it's so god damn accessible. I think I'm running out of time to go see a large scale festival and Firefly seems much more reasonable than Bonnaroo or the other fests a long way a way. I would appreciate any thoughts on this festival and if it is worth the money.

Thanks.

Why are you running out of time? Dying soon? I would have to be paid to attend most festivals.

Stillwater

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 02:14:44 pm »
I have heard mixed things.  Apparently the traffic getting in and out is ridiculous.

atomic

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 03:19:42 pm »
Go to Lollapalooza. You can get a hotel right accross the street and go back to your room during the day if you want.  Plus a ton more bands.  A flight to Chicago shouldn't take any longer than driving to Delaware.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 04:05:20 am »
Why are you running out of time? Dying soon? I would have to be paid to attend most festivals.

Exactly. I believe attending large scale festivals affordably gets more difficult as you age. I still do Free Fest and I did Pitchfork fest in 2005, so I can handle the one day fests and I really want to do a multi-day camping fest, but I do also realize sooner is better than later.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 01:08:33 pm »
attending large scale festivals affordably gets more difficult as you age

Yup, cause all my friends but one now look at me funny when I suggest going to one.  I still find them fun tho.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 01:46:41 pm »
Go to Hopscotch.

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 09:00:58 pm »
Same can be said about Hopscotch. Better lineup than Firefly and Lolla, 4.5 hours from DC to Raleigh and a hotel basically on the same grounds as the "main stage" area.
Go to Lollapalooza. You can get a hotel right accross the street and go back to your room during the day if you want.  Plus a ton more bands.  A flight to Chicago shouldn't take any longer than driving to Delaware.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 09:01:57 pm »
You down for this year? I definitely am if so! Pre-sale is soon.

Go to Hopscotch.
احمد

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 09:06:21 pm »
You down for this year? I definitely am if so! Pre-sale is soon.

Go to Hopscotch.
Hopscotch is fantastic. I've went the last three years.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 11:13:26 pm »
Hex, Joe and I went for the first time last year and could not have had a better time. The only festival I see myself going back to again. Hopefully they keep it relatively small.
احمد

atomic

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 11:36:09 pm »
Same can be said about Hopscotch. Better lineup than Firefly and Lolla, 4.5 hours from DC to Raleigh and a hotel basically on the same grounds as the "main stage" area.

While I thought about attending Hopscotch until I see the schedule and see how few bands I can actually see. 
If I do a festival again it will probably be in Europe.  I don't like the heat and the festivals in the US seem to be scheduled at times when it is unbearable at their location.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:37:48 pm by atomic »