Author Topic: Academy Awards / New Movies /Old Movies whatever  (Read 19570 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Academy Awards / New Movies /Old Movies whatever
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2014, 09:48:15 am »
What the hell is up with Tom Cruise movies?  Most of them are about where he uncovers a government conspiracy, then realizes he's not who he thinks he is, then restores his true identity.  And these are big budget productions.

I think the scientologists are funding these flicks as recruitment tools.  They stir up distrust in government, then they replace identities with alien worship or something.  I bet if you go back and watch these movies, there are some subtle references to scientology at the climax, where the hero wins. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2014, 10:06:48 am »
the unicorns in legend . . . aliens.

James Ford

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2014, 10:12:34 am »
I've now seen all five nominated documentaries, and I can say I think the Academy made the right choice.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2014, 11:01:59 am »
What the hell is up with Tom Cruise movies?  Most of them are about where he uncovers a government conspiracy, then realizes he's not who he thinks he is, then restores his true identity.  And these are big budget productions.

I think the scientologists are funding these flicks as recruitment tools.  They stir up distrust in government, then they replace identities with alien worship or something.  I bet if you go back and watch these movies, there are some subtle references to scientology at the climax, where the hero wins. 

I subscribe to the family Guy theory that he's running from his gay thoughts so they can't catch him.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2014, 12:56:03 pm »
I've now seen all five nominated documentaries, and I can say I think the Academy made the right choice.

I am sure it's a load off their mind to know that you endorse their decision.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2014, 01:24:56 pm »
I saw The Broken Circle Breakdown on Thanksgiving Day in a very empty theater with a friend and some other woman. The theater was dead silent throughout the entire movie (granted it was only 3 of us). The story is so touching and heartwrenching.

Hard to believe after that - we'd all go to a Thanksgiving dinner. The music is just GORGEOUS!! Ive been looking for the soundtrack (available in Europe) and its surely worth the money.

Either that movie or The Hunt should have won for best foreign film. Mads Mikkelsen was excellent in the film. Now that was another gut-wrenching film but very worth seeing for those who havent.

Has anybody seen the Broken Circle Breakdown? Wow, what a soul crusher of a film. Best soundtrack of the year, too (with apologies to Frozen and Llewyn Davis).

Considering how good that one was and how good the Fall was, I can't believe some Italian movie won best foreign film.
HeyLa

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2014, 01:56:42 pm »
Mike Judge to film a documentary about Lollapalooza 2014 called Idiocracy II:The Electric Wub Wub
T.Rex

atomic

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2014, 04:48:41 pm »
Watched the movie "Django Unchained".  Well really only watched the first hour of it.  Didn't get the point of the movie.  Main characters were the bad guys in the movie.  I don't know how that guy won best supporting actor as he was the star of the movie.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 05:10:09 pm »
django was fucking awesome.  thats all, that needs, to be said.

this, looks good, too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nluPs-nGngk

atomic

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2014, 01:19:39 pm »
Watched the first two hours and 10 minutes of Wolf of Wall Street last night.  Awful movie.  I don't know why he only got two years in jail.  Basically ripped everyone off which the story minimizes and it is basically him doing a bunch of drugs and having sex with prostitutes with an occasional midget toss thrown in.  Totally worthless person who is bragging about what a great life he thought he was having. 

Leonardo's acting was awful even by his low standards.  Lowpoint of his was the drugged out scene where he took a bunch of qualudes and trys to keep someone from choking to death.  Only one of the Oscar movies that I have seen that I did not like at all.  Makes Captain Phillips seem great in comparison.  Who nominated this dog of a movie?

James Ford

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2014, 01:32:55 pm »
I think you're just jealous because while your wife will be getting older every year, Leonardo's current girlfriend will always be 23.

atomic

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2014, 01:34:58 pm »
I think you're just jealous because while your wife will be getting older every year, Leonardo's current girlfriend will always be 23.

He is dating a 23 year old?  I don't really follow actors personal lives so I didn't know this.  I will check it out.

ggw

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2014, 01:48:38 pm »
21 actually.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:51:09 pm by ggw »

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2014, 02:01:47 pm »
Can we get some NSFW warnings in the future, please?
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2014, 03:14:29 pm »
I don't think he's ever dated anyone older than 23. Once they hit 24, he drops them and finds a younger one.

He is dating a 23 year old?  I don't really follow actors personal lives so I didn't know this.  I will check it out.