Author Topic: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice  (Read 56793 times)

ggw

Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice
« on: January 23, 2014, 03:51:38 pm »
Discuss
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:18:05 pm by ggw »

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Comic Books, Slacks, and Herpes
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 03:52:11 pm »
i wonder, if seth, is a nerd.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 04:22:01 pm »

atomic

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »
Forced to start a new thread.  How embarrassing. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:28 pm »
well this thread, went nowhere fast.  now you know, seth, why we, clutter up, the just announced thread with mindless nonsense, sometimes.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 12:26:16 pm »
I only read Batman comics.
‼‼?‼‼

Hexenjagd

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 12:38:02 pm »
I picked up the Court of Owls TPB from the Batman relaunch.  I dug it and probably will continue to read the series.

James Ford

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 12:53:38 pm »
The great thing about reading comic books is that doing so likely reduces the risk of acquiring herpes. Keeping your slacks on helps as well.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 01:14:37 pm »
Can we rename this to include parenting advice?
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 04:15:55 pm »
I picked up the Court of Owls TPB from the Batman relaunch.  I dug it and probably will continue to read the series.
So good! I'm waiting for Requiem to come out. After the whole Court Of The Owls business it's the return of Joker in Death Of The Family. I thought it was pretty gruesome in some points and it was a pretty clear and awesome nod to the previous Batman/Joker stories. The ending was insane but totally underwhelming. I won't spoil anything but going from Owls to Family to Requiem was just a little weird... If you get through all of those you'll know what I mean.

Also, if you buy the books I'd suggest picking 1 series and buying each one by volume. They have a weird way of picking different issues from the whole series from multiple characters, but you end up missing a lot of stories... So you could get Death Of The Family: Joker, but it will give you 1 story from Batman, Batgirl, Red Hood, and Batman & Robin. It's weird. I'd suggest buying Batman [Vol 3, I think?] wherever it starts, because you'll get the main story and all 5 issues of Batman from that arc. Not sure why they are doing it this way... I was confused when I read Batman Vol. 1 and then Night Of Owls and some of the stuff was already in Batman vol. 1. I bought all the issues as they were released for DOTF and, to me, it made more sense. More expensive, but I enjoyed most of the characters arcs.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 04:36:35 pm »
So good! I'm waiting for Requiem to come out. After the whole Court Of The Owls business it's the return of Joker in Death Of The Family. I thought it was pretty gruesome in some points and it was a pretty clear and awesome nod to the previous Batman/Joker stories. The ending was insane but totally underwhelming. I won't spoil anything but going from Owls to Family to Requiem was just a little weird... If you get through all of those you'll know what I mean.

Also, if you buy the books I'd suggest picking 1 series and buying each one by volume. They have a weird way of picking different issues from the whole series from multiple characters, but you end up missing a lot of stories... So you could get Death Of The Family: Joker, but it will give you 1 story from Batman, Batgirl, Red Hood, and Batman & Robin. It's weird. I'd suggest buying Batman [Vol 3, I think?] wherever it starts, because you'll get the main story and all 5 issues of Batman from that arc. Not sure why they are doing it this way... I was confused when I read Batman Vol. 1 and then Night Of Owls and some of the stuff was already in Batman vol. 1. I bought all the issues as they were released for DOTF and, to me, it made more sense. More expensive, but I enjoyed most of the characters arcs.

Geek Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 05:05:26 pm »
Yeah. I like Batman.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 05:18:03 pm »
well  . . . he is, the clown prince

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 05:41:00 pm »
Yeah. I like Batman.

Was Death of the Family the one from like a year ago, where you think the Joker's going to finally get down to killing some people (and didn't you think he removed Robin's face or something) and it turns out it's some mental gamesmenship or something?  That was seriously stupid.   Batman in usually seriously stupid because he should just kill the Joker so he wouldn't kill in the future.  Which is stupid.

Come on.  Honestly.  In "The Dark Knight" who were YOU rooting for?

I think "The Dark Knight Returns" is seriously overrated.  Unbelievably preachy.  "The Long Halloween" is alright.  And that's about it.

Are you sitting down, "DeathFromAbove1979?"

Batman

Burlesque

in DC

next weekend:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/555909

Maybe some of you dorks will get some.

Meanwhile, I'm trolling for some ladies who will let me use this groupon:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-womens-undergirl-dc-comics-pj-sets

Brian