Author Topic: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice  (Read 56820 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 05:53:15 pm »
im sure . . . this is who, you troll for, brian

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 06:03:12 pm »

No.  Not really.  But speaking of which....

Have any of you ever seen "Fast Times At Ridgemont High?"  I saw it on Wednesday in a theater.  Great film but it's not really a comedy.  It's like 80% drama/20 % Spicolli.  I mean, the main female character has an abortion half way through.  It actually has 3 actors who would eventually win Best Actor in it.

However, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Phoebe Cates look like they are about 12 years old in it.  I thought I was going to be arrested once I left the theater.   I felt like Woody Allen.

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 06:05:09 pm »
that, was for, the skin flute comment, from before.   ;)

atomic

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 06:05:16 pm »
Let's talk about sex.  Comics are sooooo boring.  Lets talk about your second sexual partner.  How did you meet, was it good, did you ever see the person again?  

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 06:12:32 pm »
HEY ATOMIC, BRIAN_WALLACE, AND RHETT: WOULD YOU GUYS LET YOUR KIDS READ COMIC BOOKS? WHY OR WHY NOT? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE SAGE WISDOM!!!
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 06:13:14 pm »
brian . . . has kids?  jesus, christ!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 06:26:55 pm »
Let's talk about sex.  Comics are sooooo boring.  Lets talk about your second sexual partner.  How did you meet, was it good, did you ever see the person again?  
It was fun.  She was from out of town, visiting my neighbors.  Never saw her again.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 06:29:13 pm »
HEY ATOMIC, BRIAN_WALLACE, AND RHETT: WOULD YOU GUYS LET YOUR KIDS READ COMIC BOOKS? WHY OR WHY NOT? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE SAGE WISDOM!!!

You didn't ask me, but yes.  My son is 9.  After learning to read, he wasn't really taking to it.  I got him some comic books to get him interested in reading, but he wasn't into them at all.  He eventually read Treasure Island on his own and that got him into books, problem solved.

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 07:08:32 pm »
As long as it was devoid of misogyny, homophobia, violence, princesses and had strong female characters...so I guess the answer is no, right?

James Ford

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 07:11:09 pm »
She was a nice person who I'm still friends with, but she unknowingly gave me chlamydia. We were set up by a mutual friend in college. I last saw her maybe a dozen years after we had broken up. My wife is Facebook friends with her now, and always says "I wish she lived around us, I know we'd be good friends."

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 10:29:34 pm »
As long as it was devoid of misogyny, homophobia, violence, princesses and had strong female characters...so I guess the answer is no, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fun_Home

atomic

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 12:07:22 am »
My wife and I realized at the begining of our relationship that both of us had every copy of Adrian Tomine's Optic Nerve.  I doubt there are that many people that own all of them.  I guess that is why we are a good match.  I used to read comics by Peter Bagge (Hate), Julie Doucet, and Dan Clowes (Eightball).

atomic

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 12:09:07 am »

Sure I would.  Why not? Hopefully they would read something more intellectually challenging than Superman or Batman.  As a kid I read Archie.  Good stuff.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 12:58:59 am »

i wish I could link to the chasing Amy: hooper x scene but the board doesnt allow video imbed ding. Oh well.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 12:00:42 pm »
Yeah. I like Batman.

Was Death of the Family the one from like a year ago, where you think the Joker's going to finally get down to killing some people (and didn't you think he removed Robin's face or something) and it turns out it's some mental gamesmenship or something?  That was seriously stupid.   Batman in usually seriously stupid because he should just kill the Joker so he wouldn't kill in the future.  Which is stupid.

Come on.  Honestly.  In "The Dark Knight" who were YOU rooting for?

I think "The Dark Knight Returns" is seriously overrated.  Unbelievably preachy.  "The Long Halloween" is alright.  And that's about it.

Are you sitting down, "DeathFromAbove1979?"

Batman

Burlesque

in DC

next weekend:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/555909

Maybe some of you dorks will get some.

Meanwhile, I'm trolling for some ladies who will let me use this groupon:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-womens-undergirl-dc-comics-pj-sets

Brian
I didn't understand the "gamesman" angle of it, because they end up killing Robin in the next arc... Which makes the ending of DOTF even more stupid. They made him just about as sick as I've read and they just shit the bed with the ending.

Dark Knight Returns is good, but my favorite book/story goes to Hush. If you haven't read it, I'd suggest picking it up. He shits all over Superman for about the first half of the book. So good.

Also, come on, I consider The Joker my favorite super hero ;)
‼‼?‼‼