Author Topic: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice  (Read 61532 times)

brennser

Re: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2014, 08:58:32 pm »
For those of you with kids, what grade is your kid in and how much average time does your kid spend on homework daily/weekly?

echoing Relaxer a little?..

my mellow surfer dude second grader - about 30-45 minutes a night

my driven, overachieving 7th grader - tonight she clocked a good 2.5-3 hours

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2014, 11:14:14 am »
relaxers photo of his children are down right priceless.  coffe table book quailty.  but, the one kid, on the trainer toilet with a suspicious brown stain around his mouth . . . is frightning.

James Ford

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2014, 04:28:11 pm »
We just had a lesbian wedding at our house with Hello Kitty and Goodby Kitty getting married. Coincidentally, a Rufus Wainwright album was playing.

James Ford

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2014, 04:29:14 pm »
What's the deal with parents who throw their baby in a crib while sharing their bed with an 80 pound dog?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2014, 04:31:43 pm »
you might crush the baby?  and a dog can just get up and jump off the bed if you roll over on him, to go drink out of the toilet. 

James Ford

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2014, 04:52:39 pm »
Is there a chance I'll roll over and crush my baby if we share a bed?

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-there-a-chance-ill-roll-over-and-crush-my-baby-if-we-shar_7759.bc

James McKenna

sleep expert
It would be irresponsible for me to say there's no chance of your rolling over and crushing your baby if you sleep-share. Yet studies suggest that mothers and infants intuitively sense each other's presence in bed.

At the University of Notre Dame's Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Laboratory, our studies of breastfeeding mothers who sleep with their 2- to 4-month-olds reveal that both mothers and their babies are extremely sensitive throughout the night to each other's shifting position in the bed.

During my many years of studying sleep-sharing, I've never heard of a single instance in which, under safe conditions, it was proven that a mother suffocated her child. Notice that I said safe conditions: Babies can and do accidentally suffocate when one or both parents doesn't know a baby is in the bed, is drunk or desensitized by drugs, or is indifferent to the baby's presence. The smaller and younger the baby, the more possible it is that a rollover might occur, according to recent data.

you might crush the baby?  and a dog can just get up and jump off the bed if you roll over on him, to go drink out of the toilet. 

ggw

« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2014, 04:56:42 pm »
What's the deal with parents who throw their baby in a crib while sharing their bed with an 80 pound dog?

Atomic's wife only weighs 80 pounds?

Yada

« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2014, 04:58:16 pm »

awww shit!

most people are dicks on this here website, but I think wife/kids should be off limits.. but hey, that's just me. I would never post a pic of my child on here with the way some creeps are at cyber stalking.

Yada

« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2014, 04:59:43 pm »
Once my child is born should I post photos daily or is weekly often enough? 

my wife posts about one a week with a cute little block beside here saying how many weeks she is...I don't post on FB all that often, but I instagram a photo here and there.

atomic

« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2014, 05:07:03 pm »

That was uncalled for.

ggw

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2014, 05:07:30 pm »
...I think wife/kids should be off limits..  

Can I still dog your mom?

Yada

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2014, 05:08:03 pm »
...I think wife/kids should be off limits..  

Can I still dog your mom?

only if I can take a spin in your hot rod.

atomic

« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2014, 05:11:17 pm »

Do you know if you share a bed with your infant you increase their chances of suffocation by 4000 percent?  Perhaps that is the reason.

James Ford

« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2014, 05:20:06 pm »
Source?

Do you know if you share a bed with your infant you increase their chances of suffocation by 4000 percent?  Perhaps that is the reason.

ggw

« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2014, 05:26:49 pm »