Author Topic: Super Bowl picks/favorite SB commercials (come Monday)  (Read 26821 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Super Bowl picks/favorite SB commercials (come Monday)
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2020, 11:47:17 pm »
I lol'd at "I wanna rock"

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2020, 01:13:33 am »
Highlights for me were the old Town road spinoff (mustache does the worm!!!) and the groundhogs day send-up. Got the biggest laughs - but for the life of me I couldn't tell you what brands they were advertising... So, win/fail.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2020, 08:36:23 am »
What a tease niners

Full disclosure I didn’t watch

Space Freely

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2020, 09:24:55 am »
So how did you guys feel about JLo and Shakira?

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2020, 10:29:00 am »

also...pole dancing ...come on people
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:32:36 am by putting the COC in caucus ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2020, 01:26:48 pm »
lol @ the new map of kansas ;D
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2020, 04:20:06 pm »
Highlights for me were the old Town road spinoff (mustache does the worm!!!) and the groundhogs day send-up. Got the biggest laughs - but for the life of me I couldn't tell you what brands they were advertising... So, win/fail.

Old Town Road was Doritos
Ground Hog day was Jeep

Not sure how you missed either product placement, actually.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2020, 04:23:02 pm »
Can we all agree to agree that all celebrities should be rounded up and shot?

A Miami nightclub was a no-go for Halsey this weekend.

Page Six reported that the "Bad At Love" singer was turned away at the door of South Beach hotspot E11even at 4 a.m. on Saturday because there were simply no tables available.

Miami, of course, was chock-full of celebrities over the weekend, as it was the host site of Super Bowl LIV. The Page Six report noted that Marc Anthony went to the nightclub and had to wait to get inside, something celebrities rarely -- if ever -- have to do. He eventually made it onto a table and brought his own cooler filled with Bud Light.

It was an interesting weekend for Halsey. On Saturday night, while performing at a pre-Super Bowl concert, someone in the crowd kept saying G-Eazy's name. Eventually Halsey snapped at the man for continuing to bring up her ex's name.

"If you say G-Eazy one more f***ing time, I will kick you out this building," Halsey can be heard replying in a fan video. "You're not going to disrespect me like that at my own show."

Afterward, she posted a message to her Instagram Story advising women to never let anyone make them "feel crazy or unhinged" for standing up for themselves.

"Don't tolerate disrespect in the name of being 'nice'," she wrote.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2020, 04:26:27 pm »
Can we all agree to agree that all celebrities should be rounded up and shot?

A Miami nightclub was a no-go for Halsey this weekend.

Page Six reported that the "Bad At Love" singer was turned away at the door of South Beach hotspot E11even at 4 a.m. on Saturday because there were simply no tables available.

Miami, of course, was chock-full of celebrities over the weekend, as it was the host site of Super Bowl LIV. The Page Six report noted that Marc Anthony went to the nightclub and had to wait to get inside, something celebrities rarely -- if ever -- have to do. He eventually made it onto a table and brought his own cooler filled with Bud Light.

It was an interesting weekend for Halsey. On Saturday night, while performing at a pre-Super Bowl concert, someone in the crowd kept saying G-Eazy's name. Eventually Halsey snapped at the man for continuing to bring up her ex's name.

"If you say G-Eazy one more f***ing time, I will kick you out this building," Halsey can be heard replying in a fan video. "You're not going to disrespect me like that at my own show."

Afterward, she posted a message to her Instagram Story advising women to never let anyone make them "feel crazy or unhinged" for standing up for themselves.

"Don't tolerate disrespect in the name of being 'nice'," she wrote.

No.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2020, 05:36:09 pm »

Old Town Road was Doritos
Ground Hog day was Jeep

Not sure how you missed either product placement, actually.

i didn't miss them, it that they weren't memorable or effective, IMO.  the products were secondary to the plot line, jokes, etc.  in the case of the doritos ad, the product was brought in at the very end with no relation to the showdown.  the GHD ad did a good job of incorporating the product into the story (but even then it was secondary).  the problem here is that the visuals were so good, the story so funny, that i was 100% focused on the movie send-up and the jokes.  that's what i took away, not that the jeep enabled the jokes.  YMMV.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2023, 08:01:04 pm »
I've got $5 on the Chargers.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2023, 08:02:03 pm »
Adam and Eve avocados made me laugh. Don't care about Fast, Furious or Transformers.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2023, 08:04:57 pm »
Indiana Jones, no. Will probably see it.
Etrades toddler wedding, no.
Kevin hart draft kings, OK. Meh.
Remy Martin. Nope.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2023, 08:12:03 pm »
T mobile Bradley Cooper. They tried.

Oh dunkin - that was good

Rakuten. Buh.

Bass Pro Shops??? Interesting

Pepsi Zero. Feh

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2023, 08:15:42 pm »
...sportsball...