Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 143304 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:24 am »
Try 30, not 3. Wrestlemania 3 was in the 80s.

Also Game of Thrones is amazing.

Also, baseball is the most boring shit in the world. You are probably extremely boring in person. Why don't you stick to threads you can contribute something to and not troll?  You don't see me going into the baseball thread and talking about how big of losers you all are for arguing about players salaries and playing fantasy GM.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2014, 12:51:32 am »
Also, baseball is the most boring shit in the world. You are probably extremely boring in person. Why don't you stick to threads you can contribute something to and not troll?  You don't see me going into the baseball thread and talking about how big of losers you all are for arguing about players salaries and playing fantasy GM.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You greatly misinterpreted my intentions! You can note I don't post/crap in this thread. I legitimately, came here to congratulate you guys on having a fun night that I knew was good for you, despite the fact that I don't, personally care about this subject. my jocularity, I can admit, may have been mistaken, but I hope you will look at by fine record of NOT shitting in threads don't care about.

I'm glad you guys had a Halcyon night! Terrific for you, despite my indifference.

Also, as a sidenote, baseball is probably one of my least interested sports. feel free to continue throwing barbs baseballs way, but it's not personal to be insulting to me.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2014, 12:54:40 am »
hexenjagd has zero sense of humor or ability to detect sarcasm. 

great music taste, very genuine, but i'm always at a complete loss when it comes to the hissy fit he throws every time someone says something in jest that he doesn't agree with.

you can't please everyone, julian. btw, how's the 'julian for mod' t-shirt production coming along? i'm more of a v-neck kind of guy, but i trust your team's judgement in this matter.

now, back to game of thrones...

Hexenjagd

« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2014, 12:55:28 am »
You must have already forgotten about the other bullshit you've posted.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2014, 12:56:16 am »
Maybe you think he's funny, but he usually sounds like an arrogant bully.

stevewizzle

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2014, 12:58:45 am »
and in defense of baseball: you literally have the world at your fingertips at any given moment in the day.  baseball is a true constant throughout my life; it's slow, it's technical, it lasts 2/3 of the year, it's stat-oriented, and when it's good, it's great.  it's a harsh extrapolation to say that since something is boring, then it's fans or followers must be boring as well.  i'm fascinated by the game, but could understand others ambivalence.

stevewizzle

« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2014, 01:00:02 am »
Maybe you think he's funny, but he usually sounds like an arrogant bully.

i guess julian has my kind of humor. often misunderstood, but it always seems well intentioned IMO.

atomic

« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2014, 12:01:22 pm »
and in defense of baseball: you literally have the world at your fingertips at any given moment in the day.  baseball is a true constant throughout my life; it's slow, it's technical, it lasts 2/3 of the year, it's stat-oriented, and when it's good, it's great.  it's a harsh extrapolation to say that since something is boring, then it's fans or followers must be boring as well.  i'm fascinated by the game, but could understand others ambivalence.

Baseball is fun in person when you have a big beer and there is a large crowd that is into the game. Boring on TV.  Killsally probably doesn't enjoy baseball because he doesn't drink beer. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:34 pm »
I never said I do not drink beer. I will drink beer. But I usually don't. And I especially usually do not get drunk.  What I said was, that alcohol is not healthy like you were saying it was.

atomic

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2014, 12:03:27 pm »

Should be Wrestlemania be listed in this category?  I didn't think it was a geek thing.. I thought it was a boy under 13 thing.  Do adults watch professional wrestling?   Oh did you hear about that woman in PA.  She was watching Wrestlemania at a bar with friends.  Went into the bathroom delivered her baby, strangled it, threw it in the toilet and then went back to watching wrestlemania.  Why didn't she just leave the baby in the bathroom?  Why did she have to kill the baby? 

atomic

« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2014, 12:12:46 pm »
Killsally are you 12?  I ask because you like Professional Wrestling, Comic books, Dressing up like comic book characters, you don't like to drink, never want to have kids, and you asked if a venue was all ages.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2014, 12:15:06 pm »
Fuck off.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2014, 12:16:37 pm »
When did I say I dressed up as anything?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:26:19 pm by Hexenjagd »

Hexenjagd

« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »
I hope you like talk about Ween.

stevewizzle

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2014, 12:31:57 pm »

Should be Wrestlemania be listed in this category?  I didn't think it was a geek thing.. I thought it was a boy under 13 thing.  Do adults watch professional wrestling?   Oh did you hear about that woman in PA.  She was watching Wrestlemania at a bar with friends.  Went into the bathroom delivered her baby, strangled it, threw it in the toilet and then went back to watching wrestlemania.  Why didn't she just leave the baby in the bathroom?  Why did she have to kill the baby? 

shit, give a brother a warning before a story like this.  i came here for the nerdy topics, not the horror stories.

but to answer your question: yeah, adults watch it.  it's kind of seeing a resurgence in the older market.  i've got a bunch of successful friends (lawyers, engineers, etc) who recently got back into it. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:33:35 pm by stevewizzle »