Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 143474 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2014, 03:10:48 pm »
I read Knightfall before Rises came out. The parallels are awesome. Even some of the frames are taken right out of the series. I'd suggest looking into that before seeing the final installment.

We also ran through the trilogy in one night a few months ago and the continuity in all 3 is pretty astounding. Very stoked to see Interstellar next week!
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2014, 03:35:52 pm »
I read Knightfall back when it was released, but need to read it again; it has been 20 years.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2014, 06:42:58 pm »
Interstellar looks like one I might want to see at the IMAX3D theater near my house... It would be a great date night!

(I tend to not go to the movies that much... The last two movies I saw at the theater were the last Superman and Pacific Rim.  Before that... I dont remember, maybe Episode III)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:44:31 pm by Rogue Riderhood »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2014, 09:43:48 am »
I think the last one I saw in theatres was Sin City 2.... Before that it was Guardians.... I think those are the only 2 movies I've seen in theatres this year.

I love Nolan, so I'm definitely going to see that opening day. Hopefully they do the secret early screenings. Some theatres that offer "midnight screenings" are now offering just plain early screenings, for those who have to work Friday and don't want to go at midnight. That's how I saw Super 8. We went to buy our midnight screening tickets and they had like 3 showings between 8 and midnight so we went right at 8. It's become more common, but they aren't advertised.
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2014, 12:10:34 pm »
http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/7/7172827/destiny-swatting
I really wish these fucking pieces of shit gamers would stop with the swatting bullshit.  This time they hit one of the developers of Destiny. 

If you don't know, swatting is where a person calls 911 and tells them there is either a hostage situation or explosives... Of course the Swat team never VERIFIES the call and sends over a team of gun-happy suited-up officers to neutralize the threat. 

I don't know why the developer was targeted.  You would think they would leave alone someone who (I am assuming it is gamers, they are the ones who usually do it) creates what they fucking spend all their time playing. 

Usually they do this to people on Twitch (because of this shit I will never use Twitch) a streaming video service where you can watch someone play video games. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju6KZHLVOO8
^ Good Morning America clip about one incident

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2014, 12:13:10 pm »
I'm stunned no one has been killed by accident during one of those yet. I've watched videos of those and one bizarre reaction from the person getting swatted and they're going to catch a bullet from a terrified SWAT team member. This is a practical joke about as much as setting someone's house on fire is.
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2014, 12:14:08 pm »
I agree - not a practical joke and not a prank... What happens when someone dies because of this?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2014, 12:15:54 pm »
It seems like something from 4Chan. They also do the "Battletoads" prank or delivering a bunch of pizzas to the same house or something. "Anon" usually has a fucked up sense of humor or retribution.
‼‼?‼‼

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2014, 12:18:50 pm »

Gotham! I have not seen it but my friend who loves comics is into it, and I will start it soon.

Walking Dead! Killing it like always.

What other comic book TV series am I missing?  Flash? Arrow?  Agents of Shield? 

I couldn't get past the first ep of Gotham. Same with Agents of Shield. Walking Dead lost me about two seasons ago?  I keep saying I'm going to give AoS another try but there's just too much other TV I'd rather watch or catch up on right now.
nothx

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2014, 03:15:04 pm »
I really don't get why people are still crazy about Walking Dead. I'm in the same boat that I lost all interest like 2 or 3 seasons ago. How is that the highest rated show on TV. I just don't understand.
‼‼?‼‼

Got Haggis?

« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2014, 04:49:37 pm »
that gamergate stuff needs to die as well

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2014, 05:11:17 pm »
I really don't get why people are still crazy about Walking Dead. I'm in the same boat that I lost all interest like 2 or 3 seasons ago. How is that the highest rated show on TV. I just don't understand.

Supposedly it is getting really good again. But I don't know that I can wade through ep after ep of poorly written/under utilized Michonne fuckery.
nothx

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »
I am on season 4 of Walking Dead (after a break for a year) and love it!

I plan on reading the whole comic series this winter (my best friend has the compendiums and the last few TPBs).

As for Michonne, she is cool and all (probably the most bad ass character on the show); BUT, it is Rick's story.  He is the main character.  Everyone else is supporting cast...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:19:09 pm by Rogue Riderhood »

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2014, 05:19:23 pm »
I am on season 4 of Walking Dead (after a break for a year) and love it!

I plan on reading the whole comic series this winter (my best friend has the compendiums and the last few TPBs).

As for Michonne, she is cool and all; BUT, it is Rick's story.  He is the main character.  Everyone else is supporting cast...

Read the comic book and then get back to me.
nothx

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2014, 05:22:14 pm »
Did you read it already?