Author Topic: Thievery Corporation closes label  (Read 26753 times)

fatskippy

Re: Thievery Corporation closes label
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 08:57:54 am »
I love spotify

Yada

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 09:07:01 am »

atomic

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 09:21:24 am »
I use Rhapsody.  Great service for 9.99 a month.   Most every album I have ever tried to listen to is there. 

Got Haggis?

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 09:28:43 am »

i enjoy using streaming services like spotify, pandora, etc.  life changes, business models change, deal with it

hutch

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 12:12:50 pm »

i enjoy using streaming services like spotify, pandora, etc.  life changes, business models change, deal with it

Deal with what? You streaming? Why should I care?

Many people now drive and use their smartphones while they drive endangering everyone around them? Should I do that too? Or should I stand like a zombie at metro platform punching into my smartphone like most people? I need to do that because times change? Umm....sorry.. .no.

I don't have to deal with that but you do.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 12:17:41 pm »
Who are all of these supposed hipsters?  What makes one a hipster?  Also can you list out the names of all of these supposed pirates so they can be publicly shamed?

atomic

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 12:18:49 pm »

Many people now drive and use their smartphones while they drive endangering everyone around them? Should I do that too? Or should I stand like a zombie at metro platform punching into my smartphone like most people? I need to do that because times change? Umm....sorry.. .no.

It is against the law to drive and use a hand held cellphone.  I don't know why you are comparing that to something that is legal and supported by the record labels.  Wait because you don't use streaming it is wrong?  It is nice to be at work and be able to basically listen to any album in the world instantly.  

Yada

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 12:18:57 pm »

bwah!

Hexenjagd

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 01:54:21 pm »
i just can't deal with people who listen to music streamed on shitpie laptop speakers or their phones and think they're doing the world a favor and are cool...
How do you know what setups people have for music consumption?  You are making assumptions on people's consumptions and presenting it as fact. 

atomic

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 02:04:50 pm »
i just can't deal with people who listen to music streamed on shitpie laptop speakers or their phones and think they're doing the world a favor and are cool...
How do you know what setups people have for music consumption?  You are making assumptions on people's consumptions and presenting it as fact. 

Also, when I am at work I can't have thousand dollar speakers blaring music.  Hutch what is your set-up at work?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 02:29:47 pm »
People.  Just understand.  Hutch just loves music more than you and is more deserving of its pleasures.

James Ford

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2014, 02:34:54 pm »
If you had a job of any importance you probably wouldn't be listening to music at work. Or posting on music message boards.

Yada

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2014, 02:40:56 pm »
If you had a job of any importance you probably wouldn't be listening to music at work. Or posting on music message boards.

James Ford

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 02:56:59 pm »
I'm sorry, I was sounding a bit like my wife there for a minute.

How would work be bearable for anyone without music and message boards?

hutch

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 04:40:23 pm »

definitely  I retract any assumption about people on this board if it was made! certainly i was not making it about everyone...i remember being at sidehatch's house though, a guy who used to have a stereo system I used to rock out to nicely, and him and his wife were playing me some new "hot" song out of their crappy laptop speaker (the laptop looked nice i will admit)....

just a general societal trend that is visible to anyone with a set of eyes....

just like I saw a lady driving and internetting on her smart phone 30 minutes ago..

its what people are doing.. and the fact people are doing things doesn't mean anything

I'm a salmon baby.