Author Topic: Food Coupons/Discount Codes  (Read 45428 times)

James Ford

Re: Food Coupons/Discount Codes
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2014, 03:06:42 pm »
I know you're just trying to be funny. My dad was the t first person on either side of my family to graduate college, and my mom was the first person on her side of the family to graduate high school (or so I think). Her dad dropped out of school after grade 2 to work in the cotton fields. No socialite friends when you come from white trash.

My dad died 18 years ago and my mom lives from one social security check to the next.

It's really weird that none of you seem to be factoring in your trust funds or accrued interests on your family's charitable trust foundations in this discussion.
My goodness, sorry to hear that. Why are none of your family's socialite friends holding annual fundraiser balls for your benefit?

Yada

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2014, 03:07:09 pm »
It's really weird that none of you seem to be factoring in your trust funds or accrued interests on your family's charitable trust foundations in this discussion.

I could only wish for one...

ggw

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 03:10:21 pm »
So your defense is, "I'm not a dick, I'm just a pansy who ignores his own mother's indigence because my bitch wife tells me to."

I also took her and paid her way on two international vacations (she had never been out of the country prior to that), and pay 100% of her bill when we go out anywhere. I'd help her out more if I could, but my wife would never allow it. Yes, what a dick I am.

My dad died 18 years ago and my mom lives from one social security check to the next.

And meanwhile you hoard craft beer and go on multiple international vacations.  What a dick.

James Ford

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2014, 03:14:07 pm »
My mom created her own life by making bad financial decisions, or perhaps more accurately, not making good ones. On her own. My primary job is to provide a good life for my family (meaning my wife and daughter are my family), not dig my mom our of her financial holes. My mom completely understands and agrees with that. She makes enough to get by, as long as she is thrifty.

I'm sure most people on this board take more money from their parents than they give to them.

So your defense is, "I'm not a dick, I'm just a pansy who ignores his own mother's indigence because my bitch wife tells me to."

I also took her and paid her way on two international vacations (she had never been out of the country prior to that), and pay 100% of her bill when we go out anywhere. I'd help her out more if I could, but my wife would never allow it. Yes, what a dick I am.

And meanwhile you hoard craft beer and go on multiple international vacations.  What a dick.

hutch

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2014, 03:19:17 pm »
I think I speak for the board when I say, James Ford, we don't give a shit about any of your financial decisions or vacations.... again, it merely shows how insecure you are that you permanently trot out your lifestyle choices as some paragon of virtue.

Personally, I think if you spent a bit more time, you know, making money instead of posting on this board maybe you could afford to eat at Le Diplomat once in a while without worrying so much about your kid's college fund or whatever... At the end of the day you're "thrifty" because you really ain't got all that much.... trust me: the well heeled don't sit around on internet boards talking about how much money they can save on a growler or steak at outback.

ggw

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2014, 03:21:16 pm »
"Enough to get by" defined as living from welfare check to welfare check?

My mom created her own life by making bad financial decisions, or perhaps more accurately, not making good ones. On her own. My primary job is to provide a good life for my family (meaning my wife and daughter are my family), not dig my mom our of her financial holes. My mom completely understands and agrees with that. She makes enough to get by, as long as she is thrifty.

I'm sure most people on this board take more money from their parents than they give to them.

James Ford

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2014, 03:22:32 pm »
Social Security is not welfare.

"Enough to get by" defined as living from welfare check to welfare check?

hutch

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2014, 03:24:12 pm »
but let me add so its clear:  it merely shows how insecure you are that you permanently trot out your lifestyle choices as some paragon of virtue while putting down other people's choices...

I think its clear.

Now go fuck yourself. Its free.

James Ford

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2014, 03:26:01 pm »
We ate at Rasika for our anniversary. We go to nice places on special occasions. Special occasions are birthdays, Mother's Day, anniversary. Some people regard "Friday night" as a special occasion. That's not thrifty. But if it makes them happy and doesn't sink them into debt, good for them.

Of course rich people don't spend all day on message boards talking about what they picked up at used record fairs or talking about shows. Except maybe Seth, but then that's his job. I never said it was my goal to be rich.

I think I speak for the board when I say, James Ford, we don't give a shit about any of your financial decisions or vacations.... again, it merely shows how insecure you are that you permanently trot out your lifestyle choices as some paragon of virtue.

Personally, I think if you spent a bit more time, you know, making money instead of posting on this board maybe you could afford to eat at Le Diplomat once in a while without worrying so much about your kid's college fund or whatever... At the end of the day you're "thrifty" because you really ain't got all that much.... trust me: the well heeled don't sit around on internet boards talking about how much money they can save on a growler or steak at outback.

James Ford

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2014, 03:27:39 pm »
Where did I put down anyone's choices in this thread? I didn't, Goldblum.

but let me add so its clear:  it merely shows how insecure you are that you permanently trot out your lifestyle choices as some paragon of virtue while putting down other people's choices...

I think its clear.

Now go fuck yourself. Its free.

hutch

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2014, 03:31:15 pm »
We ate at Rasika for our anniversary. We go to nice places on special occasions. Special occasions are birthdays, Mother's Day, anniversary. Some people regard "Friday night" as a special occasion. That's not thrifty. But if it makes them happy and doesn't sink them into debt, good for them.

Of course rich people don't spend all day on message boards talking about what they picked up at used record fairs or talking about shows. Except maybe Seth, but then that's his job. I never said it was my goal to be rich.

dude...for the last time... nobody cares... .the point is I don't consider it rude of you to talk about your own lifestyle choices even if I couldn't give less of a shit. ...but when you start talking about others.. making assumptions...."grading" them on their choices....that's just poor form... and if you don't get it at your age...well, you don't get it and you evidently aren't going to get it... I feel kind of sorry for you actually.

and yes, you are permanently putting down other people's choices based on lack of thriftiness...whether its concerts people go to, restaurants or whatever...i've had you even tell me that i should feel bad for spending money on tickets instead of putting it into a college fund for my kids .. come on now...get the fuck out of here hoser.

atomic

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2014, 03:33:10 pm »

Yeah what gets me the most is he has this arrogant attitude that what he is doing is so much better than us.   I don't get how he thinks he is so much better than everyone else either.  And this sob story.  

James ,My mom had an 8th grade education and grew up in Nazi Germany.  She came to this country at 28 and couldn't speak English.  My father never gave me or my sister anything and he didn't graduate from college.  No one paid for our college.  No one gave us anything.  

My sister bought a million dollar house in Fairfax City and paid cash. My mom paid cash for her brand new condo.  We owe less than 50k on our house.  Most of us are adults and know how to manage our household.  We don't need your advice James.  If we did we would ask for it.  And if my Mom or my Mother-in-law needed money I would expect my wife or me to give what we wanted to them without the other partner telling us we couldn't.

If you pay off your house let us know.  That is something to be proud of.  Telling us we are wrong and you are right is just annoying as hell.

James Ford

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2014, 03:36:13 pm »
So how much are you putting in your two kids college funds, monthly, Hutch? You could really put me in my place by telling me you put $500 in each and still have money left over for expensive concert tickets!

dude...for the last time... nobody cares... .the point is I don't consider it rude of you to talk about your own lifestyle choices even if I couldn't give less of a shit. ...but when you start talking about others.. making assumptions...."grading" them on their choices....that's just poor form... and if you don't get it at your age...well, you don't get it and you evidently aren't going to get it... I feel kind of sorry for you actually.

and yes, you are permanently putting down other people's choices based on lack of thriftiness...whether its concerts people go to, restaurants or whatever...i've had you even tell me that i should feel bad for spending money on tickets instead of putting it into a college fund for my kids .. come on now...get the fuck out of here hoser.

atomic

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2014, 03:39:18 pm »
So how much are you putting in your two kids college funds, monthly, Hutch? You could really put me in my place by telling me you put $500 in each and still have money left over for expensive concert tickets!

Why does he have to tell you how much money he is saving for his kids college education?   It is his business. 

Relaxer

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2014, 03:40:37 pm »
Everyone in this thread is posting exactly how he should. Just need walkonby to go on and on about sex and we'll be all set.
oword