Author Topic: Financial Advice and How to Raise your Kids Thread  (Read 8062 times)

atomic

Financial Advice and How to Raise your Kids Thread
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:57:06 pm »
Step right up and get life advice.  Tell us how you are currently raising your kids or spending your money and James Ford will tell you what you are doing wrong and what you should be doing instead.  (Note: that trip to wrestlemania 56 is not going to happen if James has his way). 

Re: Financial Advice and How to Raise your Kids Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:59:08 pm »
you forgot what beer to drink
what music to listen to
where to live
what jeans to wear
how to obey your wife
how to be a general A-hole to pretty much everyone on the board
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:03:41 pm »
Dear James,

What is the best way to set up charitable trusts for my children to ensure as much of my family's multigenerational wealth circumvents estate taxes?

Please advise.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:10:44 pm »
Dearest James,

Should I buy 60 issues as Superman #1 as my retirement investment?

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 04:10:44 pm »
Dear James,

What is the best way to set up charitable trusts for my children to ensure as much of my family's multigenerational wealth circumvents estate taxes?

Please advise.

I wouldn't worry about it.  The current Gross Estate exemption amount from the Estate Tax is $5,340,000 in 2014, plus the surviving spouse can carry over any unused amount.

There's one, maybe two regular posters on this board that will die with estates in excess of $5,340,000, let alone $10 million.
27>34

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 04:21:03 pm »
Dear James,

Please advise.

I wouldn't worry about it.  The current Gross Estate exemption amount from the Estate Tax is $5,340,000 in 2014, plus the surviving spouse can carry over any unused amount.

There's one, maybe two regular posters on this board that will die with estates in excess of $5,340,000, let alone $10 million.
Look, when I want insulting, self-aggrandizing financial advice relating to one's children, I go to this thread for James Ford. (Exactly what it says on the tin.)

If I need to know how to get stripper blood out of Naugahyde, I'll send up an emergency beacon in Things Smackie Thinks You Should Know.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 04:33:25 pm »
dearest james,

i've been working a lot of OT lately and have accumulated some extra cash i would like to invest.  where should i invest it, and why my future child's college fund?

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 04:47:35 pm »
If I need to know how to get stripper blood out of Naugahyde, I'll send up an emergency beacon in Things Smackie Thinks You Should Know.

If it's still wet, one part dish soap, 10 parts water.

If it dries because you didn't see it night of, probably going to have to use a little lighter fluid.  Be careful with this though - too much and the cops will go right to it.
27>34

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 05:32:17 pm »

If it's still wet, one part dish soap, 10 parts water.

If it dries because you didn't see it night of, probably going to have to use a little lighter fluid.  Be careful with this though - too much and the cops will go right to it.
good to know
I'm curious why you asked about a stripper blood not hooker blood?
As I typically let the strippers live...

but seriously now...if my Gross income is north of $500k, how do I shelter most of my earnings in a way that I only have to pay the government taxes on the first $50k. 
Should I set up S-corp that is based in the Cayman  islands or should I insist my clients only use cash/gold as payment and launder it by buying tickets for bands like the Lumineers, Phish and Cher the day the go on sale and then selling them via stub hub at a 300% markup

He was really chatty yesterday...today he must have to be running errands for his wife or breaking in his new jeans?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:35:29 pm by Sidehatch »
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »
Let's establish who has kids and how many.

I'm here reppin two glorious sons.
oword

atomic

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 07:24:14 pm »
you forgot what beer to drink
what music to listen to
where to live
what jeans to wear
how to obey your wife
how to be a general A-hole to pretty much everyone on the board

Correct me if me if I am wrong but isn't the wife supposed to obey the husband?  At our wedding my wife agreed to love honor and obey me..  I just had to cherish her. 

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 07:26:06 pm »
Let's establish who has kids and how many.

None that I know of.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 08:08:35 pm »
do, throat babies, count?

Relaxer

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 11:24:50 pm »
They are all God's gobules.
oword

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 11:31:29 pm »
They are all God's gobules.
God's Go Blues? I always assumed God with the Michigan Man, but I appreciate the out side confirmation.
LVMH