Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 273587 times)

hutch

Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2018, 11:12:42 am »
Oohbooy

K8teebug

« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2018, 01:08:03 pm »
If we are going to refuse to show the works of a quadriplegic who spoke crudely to his models, then what are we to do with Picasso, whose brutal emotional and physical abuse of women is legendary? Or Gauguin, who spread STDs across Tahiti, raped women, and took a 14-year old bride?

Or Jackson Pollock...Difference is those dudes are dead and Chuck Close is still alive.

I don't know how it will be handled. I do think it is possible to separate the artist from the art, and that men are not going to be respectful overnight just because everyone is saying #metoo now.

BUT, these non-apology apologies are really pissing me off. Just say "sorry" and "I'm working to be a better person." Is it that difficult?

ggw

« Reply #332 on: January 30, 2018, 01:21:04 pm »
If we are going to refuse to show the works of a quadriplegic who spoke crudely to his models, then what are we to do with Picasso, whose brutal emotional and physical abuse of women is legendary? Or Gauguin, who spread STDs across Tahiti, raped women, and took a 14-year old bride?

Or Jackson Pollock...Difference is those dudes are dead and Chuck Close is still alive.

Agreed.  I'm not defending Close, but I do find the decisions about who is penalized and who is not to be arbitrary.  Perhaps the criteria is dead vs. alive, but nobody has said so. 

Pollock is an interesting example.  NGA is still promoting a special exhibit of one of his mega-paintings but makes no mention of the hell that Lee Krasner endured as his wife.

« Reply #333 on: January 31, 2018, 10:36:29 am »
but I do find the decisions about who is penalized and who is not to be arbitrary.  Perhaps the criteria is dead vs. alive, but nobody has said so. 
yes this is a whole new era
artists tend to be some fucked up people to begin with
it's much easier to separate the artist from the art when they are dead tho..
slack

analogfossa

« Reply #334 on: February 23, 2018, 10:43:23 am »
St. Vincent at the Hippodrome

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #335 on: February 23, 2018, 11:46:39 am »

martinrob

« Reply #337 on: February 26, 2018, 11:40:18 pm »
It's official, Liam Gallagher's show is cancelled and will not be rescheduled.  Refunds coning through Ticketfly or from location of purchase (if paid for with cash).

Total bummer

« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2018, 04:29:40 pm »
The Tommy Stinson show at the brewery in Baltimore

"We sadly need to postpone this show due to weather. We will reschedule, stay tuned."
slack

hutch

« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2018, 04:42:25 pm »
Oh

« Reply #341 on: March 13, 2018, 10:38:23 am »
The Tommy Stinson show at the brewery in Baltimore
"We sadly need to postpone this show due to weather. We will reschedule, stay tuned."
New date is 3/31
I had to get a refund as I can't make that date
tix still available
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tommy-stinsons-cowboys-in-the-campfire-baltimore-rescheduled-tickets-42521007478
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2018, 09:03:53 pm »
Postponement Update as of 5/1:
Due to a medical emergency, the Brian Wilson concert originally scheduled for Monday, May 7, 2018, at 8 p.m. has been postponed. The new concert date is Monday, November 5, 2018. The ticket on-sale date will be announced at a later time.

Patrons currently holding tickets for May 7 will have an opportunity to purchase tickets for November 5 in advance of the public on-sale date. Please destroy your old tickets and your order will be refunded to the original method of payment. Please allow 10 days for processing. If you purchased pre-paid parking, please call the Parking Office at (202) 416-7988 for a refund.

**A Note from Brian Wilson**

Dear Friends,

As some of you might know I have been having some issues with my back that have very recently gotten worse. It runs in my family, Carl had back problems as well. My doctors have told me that I need to have back surgery immediately. They are optimistic that this will finally relieve the pain. Sadly, this means we must postpone the upcoming May shows. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to everyone who was coming out to see us. I know that my agents are already in the process of rescheduling and we will have some of the make-up dates to announce very soon. We will get you all the info asap. Please know that the music is in my heart and in my soul and me and the boys are looking forward to performing for you very soon.

Love & Mercy
Brian Wilson

Relaxer

« Reply #343 on: May 07, 2018, 10:33:13 am »
In terms of cancellation notices, that's a pretty damn good one.
oword

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #344 on: May 29, 2018, 11:14:01 pm »
Roseanne Barr at MGM National Harbor

Because she's a fucking racist.
😐 🎶