Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 273151 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 06:27:59 pm »
Tonight's Orioles - White Sox game (due to civil unrest).

I don't think  there was a thing civil about it!
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 07:06:57 pm »
Baltimored

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 07:14:37 pm »
Baltimored

Be careful on your trek there my friend.  I'd be really pissed if I came on here and read about you becoming a statistic.
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2015, 07:51:20 pm »
Went yesterday.  Had a blast at the inner harbor.  Killer shows last week. Funny, how the riots were Saturday and Monday, and I go on Sunday.  Nonbaltimored.

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2015, 09:11:29 pm »
Me too, I was at the Os game Friday night and we got drinks and walked around the area for a while
we were so close to getting the Saturday night tickets, what a difference a day makes

I give the baltimororians a hard time, but it's a great city with a LOT of great people.
It is a shame it has come to this...
I just hope the cool heads will prevail
slack

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2015, 11:24:06 pm »
Went yesterday.  Had a blast at the inner harbor.  Killer shows last week. Funny, how the riots were Saturday and Monday, and I go on Sunday.  Nonbaltimored.

I am happy that you ventured to B'more and made it back home all safe and sound.  Now when you two coming to Richmond so I can bake some fish for you?
FUKIT

K8teebug

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2015, 07:22:36 am »
My heart is broken for my hometown. I really don't know what else to say.

hutch

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2015, 08:01:17 am »
very sad...

The problem is most people think Baltimore is just the inner harbour and Fells Point... and for most white people that is all it is...

I've had to drive through Baltimore a lot to take my kids to Kennedy Krieger and it is one scary drive.... most of Baltimore is a giant ghetto that looks worse than a third world country.... abandoned homes everywhere ... you can buy two homes for $33,000! corner liquor stores everywhere... full of guys hanging out drinking out of paper bags before 9 am....women that look like heroin junkies walking around (white and black).....  cop cars everywhere...

I think the rioting is pretty much the end of Baltimore... the  power in Maryland will continue to shift to the outskirts of DC (Montgomery County etc)....

If you were a company or investor would you invest in Baltimore at this point? Did you see the Mayor and City Council (the guy from the Council or local government blaming the media??? saying it was outsiders and not neighborhood people? it was surreal)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2015, 08:22:17 am »
The l,a riots were a thousand times worse than this, and l,a is fine.  People rally behind the actual city during times like this.

hutch

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2015, 08:28:02 am »
The l,a riots were a thousand times worse than this, and l,a is fine.  People rally behind the actual city during times like this.
I hope you're right but Los Angeles ain't Baltimore...and I don't think Watts ever did come back...

The riots yesterday started a mile from where I take my kids every few months....it looks like a warzone there normally... I mean its the kind of place you see 30-40 year old men driving along the pothole laden roads in battery powered wheelchairs...police cruisers everywhere with lights flashing... its really surreal...I'm talking about Fulton/Liberty Heights/Reiserstown streets...As I've said often- not on this board- I'm not sure why we offer anybody foreign aid when we got places like that over here...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 09:28:40 am »
Having seen all five seasons of The Wire, I am basically a cultural anthropologist with regard to Baltimore. I will be glad to answer any questions you all have about the sociopolitical elements in the city.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2015, 09:58:04 am »
Who's got that WMD?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2015, 10:15:12 am »
Clay Davis would've put an end to this shiiiiiiiiit already.
LVMH

Got Haggis?

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2015, 10:41:06 am »
i'm assuming most music related events in baltimore will be cancelled for the next week (creepoid cancelled tonight) due to 10pm curfew. Either that, or really early shows. 

A bunch of businesses got looted in Mt Vernon (where I live), but aside from broken windows, you wouldn't have even known anything happened last night.  My commute takes me down Lexington Market - windows were smashed at the H&H and the 7-11 near there.  National Guard troops with shotguns by UMMC.  That was about it. 

Generally speaking, you are safe (as long as you aren't driving a cop car....and don't own a pharmacy...and aren't black)

This is a good article to read : http://www.citypaper.com/bcpnews-the-battle-of-sandtownwinchester-the-police-occupation-of-a-west-baltimore-neighborhood-20150428,0,4491424,full.story

Yada

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2015, 11:10:48 am »