Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 285747 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #480 on: March 12, 2020, 03:52:58 pm »
Opening day delayed by two weeks.
Somewhere there is a 55 year old white guy just absolutely seething about how millennials are ruining everything.

stop picking on Space like that, in this time of crisis.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #481 on: March 12, 2020, 03:54:44 pm »
From Events DC:

On behalf of the Events DC team and our Board of Directors, we have determined it to be in the best interest of all our residents and all of you to postpone upcoming events at our venues and suspend operations and services until April 1, 2020. We thank Mayor Muriel Bowser for her steadfast leadership during these unprecedented times to help keep our community healthy and safe.

Please take note of the following venues that will be closed for use: Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Entertainment and Sports Arena, RFK Stadium, DC Armory, The Fields at RFK Campus, Skate Park at RFK Campus, Festival Grounds at RFK Campus, Gateway DC and R.I.S.E. Demonstration Center.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #482 on: March 12, 2020, 03:57:36 pm »
Opening day delayed by two weeks.
Somewhere there is a 55 year old white guy just absolutely seething about how millennials are ruining everything.

stop picking on Space like that, in this time of crisis.
I was going for "Bobby Knoop would've played thru Coronavirus! Durable as American manufacturing!"-type whining, not Space's particular brand.
LVMH

« Reply #483 on: March 12, 2020, 03:59:08 pm »
^^ Somewhere, Vansmack is sitting up erect in his chair with a sixth sense telling him that somewhere on the internet, someone is referencing Angels from 50+ years ago in a positive manner. He'll be here momentarily.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #485 on: March 12, 2020, 04:43:14 pm »
Disneyland

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #486 on: March 12, 2020, 06:00:36 pm »
When is the Black Cat going to follow suit?

No time soon, apparently:

A Message About Coronavirus

Because we are under the 1000 capacity guideline set forth by the DC Department of Health, we are moving forward with our scheduled shows as planned.
As of right now, our refund policy remains the same. Refunds are only offered in case of show cancellation. And as of right now, our shows are proceeding as usual.

hutch

« Reply #487 on: March 12, 2020, 06:04:07 pm »
That is bizarre

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #488 on: March 12, 2020, 07:29:49 pm »
Love the place but that’s asinine.

« Reply #489 on: March 12, 2020, 07:44:09 pm »
Not even offering refunds is so tone deaf.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #490 on: March 12, 2020, 07:53:52 pm »
You guys must have gotten the same email i did.

Are there other local venues with capacity less than 1000 who are staying open?

State Theater and Jammin Java appear to be carrying on. Same with Birchmere and City Winery. And i didn't see mention of refunds.

Not saying it's not bizarre that they're staying open, just saying they're not alone.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #491 on: March 12, 2020, 08:03:50 pm »
they're putting their economic survival over the health of their patrons.  cancelling events and refunding tickets could put them out of business.  hence they're making the capitalist choice.
<sig>

« Reply #492 on: March 12, 2020, 08:09:13 pm »
they're putting their economic survival over the health of their patrons.  cancelling events and refunding tickets could put them out of business.  hence they're making the capitalist choice.
And that’s fine! People are under no obligation to go. My only problem with this would be with Black Cat Sycophants (Sycocats?) who think the Black Cat loves them and has their needs at heart.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #493 on: March 12, 2020, 08:11:09 pm »
And that’s fine! People are under no obligation to go. My only problem with this would be with Black Cat Sycophants (Sycocats?) who think the Black Cat loves them and has their needs at heart.

Those people exist?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #494 on: March 12, 2020, 08:14:44 pm »

Those people exist?

Those people are ridiculous.  Dont they know that only the 9:30 club cares about you. And a little bit the Anthem, but not that much.