Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 273589 times)

Space Freely

Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #510 on: March 13, 2020, 04:14:12 pm »
^
COVID-19 Update: APS to Close Beginning March 16: The present plans are to remain closed through Spring Break, with students scheduled to return on Tue, April 14, 2020

So... What I'm understanding by these closings are... everyone should still go on spring break, travel all over the country, and then come back to the squeaky clean schools the following week. Does not compute.

Sure, if you're an asshole.

shemptiness

« Reply #511 on: March 13, 2020, 04:14:25 pm »
So... What I'm understanding by these closings are... everyone should still go on spring break, travel all over the country, and then come back to the squeaky clean schools the following week. Does not compute.

Univ of Delaware is closing dorms for the rest of the semester.  Newark here we come!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #512 on: March 13, 2020, 04:17:04 pm »
930 Club Forum: Sure, if you're an asshole.

Yada

« Reply #513 on: March 13, 2020, 04:21:15 pm »
^
COVID-19 Update: APS to Close Beginning March 16: The present plans are to remain closed through Spring Break, with students scheduled to return on Tue, April 14, 2020

When's your vacation again?

« Reply #514 on: March 13, 2020, 04:25:24 pm »

Univ of Delaware is closing dorms for the rest of the semester.  Newark here we come!
Our next president is a Blue Hen!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #515 on: March 13, 2020, 04:27:08 pm »
930 Club Forum: Sure, if you're an asshole.
^^ Good tag line.
LVMH

« Reply #516 on: March 13, 2020, 05:05:31 pm »
When is the Black Cat going to follow suit?

No time soon, apparently:

A Message About Coronavirus

Because we are under the 1000 capacity guideline set forth by the DC Department of Health, we are moving forward with our scheduled shows as planned.
As of right now, our refund policy remains the same. Refunds are only offered in case of show cancellation. And as of right now, our shows are proceeding as usual.

so looks like that argument lasted 24 hours
D.C. bans gatherings of 250 or more people
slack

hutch

« Reply #517 on: March 13, 2020, 05:19:00 pm »
I was just going to say yesterday that they could have taken the high road...acted like a responsible business
Because they were going to get shut down anyways

I get that they are struggling but still...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #518 on: March 13, 2020, 05:38:21 pm »
Black Cat Management: Sure, also assholes.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #519 on: March 13, 2020, 05:53:20 pm »
^

My next vacation is in late June to CA. If it were during Spring Break, I would be bagging it, even if it meant eating the airfare. No way an I going near an airport right now.

I did misread your post. What I though you were referring to and who I was calling asshole were people who see that their kids have four weeks off of school and see that airfare is bargain basement right now so decide it's a good time to take an unplanned trip.

Are you planning on heading anywhere soon?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #520 on: March 13, 2020, 06:54:18 pm »
we just postponed out spring break trip to nashville.  i was really looking forward to that trip... *sigh*.
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #521 on: March 13, 2020, 08:58:58 pm »

Maybe, but is he elite?

« Reply #522 on: March 13, 2020, 09:05:48 pm »
Maybe, but is he elite?
I think it's assumed that ALL UofD grads are elite, can't remember if it's referenced on the diplomas or not?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #523 on: March 13, 2020, 09:14:30 pm »
Maybe, but is he elite?
I think it's assumed that ALL UofD grads are elite, can't remember if it's referenced on the diplomas or not?

University of Delaware closing their dorms for the semester and OPM won't even put a telework policy in place.

Yada

« Reply #524 on: March 13, 2020, 10:31:41 pm »
^

My next vacation is in late June to CA. If it were during Spring Break, I would be bagging it, even if it meant eating the airfare. No way an I going near an airport right now.

I did misread your post. What I though you were referring to and who I was calling asshole were people who see that their kids have four weeks off of school and see that airfare is bargain basement right now so decide it's a good time to take an unplanned trip.

Are you planning on heading anywhere soon?

No... We've cancelled three trips I'm the next six weeks, two that included flights.