Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 273610 times)

Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #615 on: March 25, 2020, 09:51:33 pm »
Sounds like your best move is to relocate to another country.
or Mississippi
Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves rejects a state lockdown for COVID-19, and says "Mississippi's never gonna be China."
 https://on.msnbc.com/3akLwnd
slack

hutch

« Reply #616 on: March 25, 2020, 10:05:31 pm »
Mississippi is such an embarrassment

Don’t they have a 50% obesity rate? Probably the highest smoking rate in US?

If covid, god forbid , gets a toehold in there people are going to be dropping dead faster than you can sing Dixie

Yada

« Reply #617 on: March 26, 2020, 08:54:05 am »
I noticed there are still multiple listings on the 930 calendar for April that haven't been officially cancelled or postponed. What up wit dat?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #618 on: March 26, 2020, 11:35:03 am »
I noticed there are still multiple listings on the 930 calendar for April that haven't been officially cancelled or postponed. What up wit dat?

This. Also Anthem.

hutch

« Reply #619 on: March 26, 2020, 11:50:55 am »
I don’t know

My guess is they want to keep the $ coming in

My understanding is when given the green light the plan for Anthem will be to have shows every night...

But I have no idea what will happen or how this all works...do acts get to keep advances? Are there advances? That could really hurt venues...I just don’t know

« Reply #620 on: March 26, 2020, 01:06:06 pm »
Not Peeps!
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #621 on: March 26, 2020, 01:40:41 pm »
I don’t know

My guess is they want to keep the $ coming in

My understanding is when given the green light the plan for Anthem will be to have shows every night...

But I have no idea what will happen or how this all works...do acts get to keep advances? Are there advances? That could really hurt venues...I just don’t know

So the bands and venues are playing chicken.  Bands lose income if they cancel their tour, but if venues cancel, they still owe the bands their guarantee.  Somebody's gonna take a bath.

hutch

« Reply #622 on: March 26, 2020, 01:47:19 pm »
That does happen but I don’t believe that is what is happening here...IMP has booked the artists and expects probably to have to reschedule and I guess feels patrons if they buy tickets right now know they will have option of refund on rescheduled show

If IMP cancels a show I think it has to do with either promoter or artist wanting to do so otherwise IMP will still want to do the show

You have to think it’s a tough time for IMP...they do have quite a few permanent staff members and I guess they still have to pay the bills

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #623 on: March 26, 2020, 01:54:54 pm »
That does happen but I don’t believe that is what is happening here...IMP has booked the artists and expects probably to have to reschedule and I guess feels patrons if they buy tickets right now know they will have option of refund on rescheduled show

If IMP cancels a show I think it has to do with either promoter or artist wanting to do so otherwise IMP will still want to do the show

You have to think it’s a tough time for IMP...they do have quite a few permanent staff members and I guess they still have to pay the bills

DC has banned gatherings through April 27th(?).  There are still shows on the schedule BEFORE that date, including a show I have tickets to.  I'd like to have the money in my pocket now, and I'll take my chances getting a new ticket to the rescheduled show.

hutch

« Reply #624 on: March 26, 2020, 02:03:16 pm »
I can understand that...sorry I was just spitballing

I am not sure how you would go about that given the business has been closed..

You might email the 930 club

I think they have an address like human@930.com? It’s on the main page

I guess it’s a tough situation for everyone

hutch

« Reply #625 on: March 26, 2020, 02:06:24 pm »
I just went on 930 and everything has been postponed in accordance with Mayors order

As far as if you have tickets and want a refund stat you might have to wait to hear from the venue

Ten minutes I will never get back

hutch

« Reply #626 on: March 26, 2020, 02:07:59 pm »
Fuck dude now am pissed

Don’t make me do your work for you

https://www.930.com/coronavirus/

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #627 on: March 26, 2020, 02:26:11 pm »
Fuck dude now am pissed

Don’t make me do your work for you

https://www.930.com/coronavirus/

Aaah thanks. When I checked the Anthem site a day or two ago, tickets were still on sale.  Good to see they've updated the schedule.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #628 on: March 27, 2020, 01:33:49 pm »
Roger Waters

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #629 on: March 27, 2020, 01:34:02 pm »
I mean, the tour.  Not the man.