Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 273944 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #1155 on: January 13, 2022, 06:51:41 pm »
I was in Richmond recently and realized too late that Talking Pink Phish was playing that night. Damn shame.

« Reply #1156 on: January 13, 2022, 07:13:39 pm »
I was in Richmond recently and realized too late that Talking Pink Phish was playing that night. Damn shame.
considering the very next night they were in Towson, seems like an easier show
NOV 14, 2021 THE RECHER
slack

Starsky

« Reply #1157 on: January 13, 2022, 07:23:17 pm »
I saw Cracker at the Flood Zone in I think 1992…. The Flood Zone was the 930 equivalent there for a while… Cracker was just starting out… I remember they played eurotrash girl which wasn’t on the first album but I was struck by it…I think Lowery lived in Richmond…it was a nice club but I barely remember it

Many other bands

I think the last show I saw in Richmond was Bob Dylan at the Mosque…nice place….before the show I took a friend to my favorite hangout when I was in college there - the third street diner - and it had turned into a totally different place …run down…roaches…pretty sure ownership had changed…that was a bummer

It’s just far to drive for a show also happening in DC…

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1158 on: January 13, 2022, 08:18:28 pm »
considering the very next night they were in Towson, seems like an easier show
NOV 14, 2021 THE RECHER

I was still in Richmond that day too.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1159 on: January 13, 2022, 08:37:02 pm »
Lol... $17 savings is definitely worth the 95 minute x 2 hassle!

That's the equivalent of $5.37 / hour. If your hourly salary is greater than that, it's not worth it.

that logic only works if the two activities can be substituted for each other, i.e. on that saturday night you can either a) work and earn $5.37 an hour (or more); or b) choose to drive to the show instead.  also assumes you're an hourly wage worker and not salaried.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1160 on: January 13, 2022, 09:32:36 pm »
I mean ultimately its a benchmark of what your time is worth. If you earn $81.73 per hour, it would be folly to save $5.37 per hour. Even if its rhetorical.

Space Freely

« Reply #1161 on: January 13, 2022, 10:11:30 pm »
But which Spoon show will Julian be at? Of he's at The Richmond show and i get to meet him for the first time, that adds infinite value, right?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1162 on: January 13, 2022, 10:13:41 pm »
Oh man, I dunno. I don't think he'll ever be the same after the unfortunate GWAR! incident.

Bagley

« Reply #1163 on: January 14, 2022, 09:05:04 am »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1164 on: January 14, 2022, 09:16:39 am »
But which Spoon show will Julian be at? Of he's at The Richmond show and i get to meet him for the first time, that adds infinite value, right?
I'll be at the Richmond show, yeah.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #1165 on: January 14, 2022, 09:36:08 am »

Prediction.  Space spots Jules from afar, posts the next day what Jules was wearing,  never says hello to Jules.

« Reply #1166 on: January 14, 2022, 09:45:15 am »

Prediction.  Space spots Jules from afar, posts the next day what Jules was wearing,  never says hello to Jules.
likely as Jules will be in his exclusive box like the guys from the muppets
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1167 on: January 14, 2022, 09:59:21 am »

To be fair, you can flip the words Space and Jules in this post and there's still an 85% chance of it coming true.
LVMH

bellenseb

« Reply #1168 on: January 14, 2022, 12:28:39 pm »
The Beths @ Black Cat postponed from 1/20 to 2/25 (and originally postponed from early 2020).
Animaniacs at Warner next Friday is cancelled with no apparent new date.

bad week for shows I have tickets to

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1169 on: January 14, 2022, 12:35:43 pm »
Yola postponed to September 24th
T.Rex