Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 285600 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #1515 on: March 03, 2023, 01:57:57 pm »
^ due to "strategic downsizing" (AKA mass layoffs) and the realization that work-from-home is here to stay.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1516 on: March 21, 2023, 03:22:53 pm »
the Jungle Dreaming Festival was supposed to take place in Costa Rica.  looks like some sort of electronic/techno/EDM thing, Glitch Mob is the only name i recognized on the bill.

unfortunately the organizers announced that despite previous assurances by their lawyers, they did not have insurance for the festie - so they were forced to cancel.  even more unfortunately for attendees: they announced the cancelation the day before the festival was supposed to start... leaving hundreds of folks stranded in CR.  i mean, there are worse places to be stuck, but still...

shades of Fyre Fest
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1517 on: March 21, 2023, 03:34:39 pm »
shades of Fyre Fest
Whose dick do these poor festival attendees gotta suck to get some bottled waters?
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #1518 on: March 23, 2023, 07:46:33 pm »
Soul side at black cat today

bellenseb

« Reply #1519 on: April 05, 2023, 04:12:03 pm »
Codeine & Barbara Manning at Black Cat rescheduled to 11/10

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1520 on: April 16, 2023, 04:15:28 am »
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1521 on: May 04, 2023, 02:18:51 pm »
Don Lett's first solo album, delayed until September
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1522 on: May 05, 2023, 06:49:17 pm »
one of ted nugent's farewell shows, because of complaints made about his politics.  the venue is, unexpectedly, in alabama.

Ted Nugent Concert in Alabama Canceled Following Backlash Over His Political Views
The Birmingham gig had been scheduled as part of the veteran rocker's "Adios Mofo" farewell tour
<sig>

« Reply #1523 on: May 08, 2023, 06:51:33 am »
Dee Snider’s SF Pride slot performing “we’re not going to take it”

Welp actually, you are going to take it

(Whole thing is silly and has been a lgbt+ supporter for a long time)
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1524 on: May 08, 2023, 02:04:17 pm »
Big Joanie at Songbyrd   is postponed   :( was looking forward to this one but alas some health issues have forced them to reschedule  all east coast dates... 
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #1525 on: May 08, 2023, 02:17:37 pm »
Ah, bummer.

Big Joanie at Songbyrd   is postponed   :( was looking forward to this one but alas some health issues have forced them to reschedule  all east coast dates... 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1526 on: May 08, 2023, 02:17:51 pm »
ANTHRAX Cancels European Tour Due To Logistical & Scheduling Issues

a.k.a. touring isn't profitable anymore due to rising costs.

(remember when folks used to justify their pirating of music by saying that the band can make money touring, instead?  yeah, about that...)
<sig>

Hutch

« Reply #1527 on: May 08, 2023, 02:35:28 pm »
You can’t necessarily believe everything you read….

To me this is code for “we just aren’t selling enough tickets”…. It’s not as if bands don’t have booking agents that do the numbers on a tour before accepting the bid offers….thing is a band’s tour might be profitable or unprofitable depending on tickets sold

Yada

« Reply #1528 on: May 08, 2023, 03:03:50 pm »
You can’t necessarily believe everything you read….

To me this is code for “we just aren’t selling enough tickets”…. It’s not as if bands don’t have booking agents that do the numbers on a tour before accepting the bid offers….thing is a band’s tour might be profitable or unprofitable depending on tickets sold

Exactly... shitty ticket sales, the unease of getting a huge crew around Europe, etc.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1529 on: May 08, 2023, 03:41:42 pm »
Pretty sure a band like Anthrax has a guaranteed rate for each show and if tickets aren’t moving than that effects the promoters bottom line. What likely happened is between the contracts were signed for a set appearance fee, costs for moving the band between shows went up enough so the band would break even or lose money.

One UK label head off the top of his head said that between the costs of visas, airfare, Lawyers, etc A band of four from the UK will have already spent 10k upon arriving for a tour.

David Lowery over the weekend posted a spreadsheet sheet for Cracker’s touring revenue  from the 90s, when they were in demand, if you want a glimpse at the finances of a tour.  I’m sure it ruffled some promoters feathers…
T.Rex