Author Topic: hutch, posts a lot, on here  (Read 53251 times)

Re: hutch, posts a lot, on here
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 09:03:51 am »
I think he's getting read to eat his idols and have it with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti
slack

hutch

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 12:16:09 pm »
calling it "big star" anything is ridiculous.. i mean without alex chilton????

its kind of offensive to me actually..

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 12:41:48 pm »
Do you have any thoughts on the location of said concert?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 04:45:53 pm »
Do you have any thoughts on the location of said concert?

Ever since That Guy left it hasn't been the same...haven't been back...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 08:14:18 pm »

Admit it that it's because your envious of the guests that have been added to the LA show for this tour... I'll admit I'm a little green. 

But is terms of bands who are missing key members, I'd much rather see replacements consisting of musicians I admire who were influenced by that band.  Then say Dave Wakeling's English Beat which consists of whatever studio musician he can pull together to tour with, heck last time I saw that group there wasn't even a sax player in the group.
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 08:22:34 pm »

Admit it that it's because your envious of the guests that have been added to the LA show for this tour... I'll admit I'm a little green. 

But is terms of bands who are missing key members, I'd much rather see replacements consisting of musicians I admire who were influenced by that band.  Then say Dave Wakeling's English Beat which consists of whatever studio musician he can pull together to tour with, heck last time I saw that group there wasn't even a sax player in the group.

yeah that show in LA looks amazing no doubt!

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:30 pm »
But is terms of bands who are missing key members, I'd much rather see replacements consisting of musicians I admire who were influenced by that band. 
First I though you were talking about the band the replacements, but then realized you had a more salient point and I totally agree.  I kinda like the idea of this and hope it catches on
Honestly I think Mick/Paul/Topper should do something like this

the guest stars on that LA show are insane,
dc nabed a few choice ones, but doesn't even hold a candle to that firepower

so hutch,
are you going to go?
I still remember you had that paper ticket to go see big star in nashville in like 96
do you still have that?
slack

hutch

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 11:15:47 pm »
But is terms of bands who are missing key members, I'd much rather see replacements consisting of musicians I admire who were influenced by that band. 
First I though you were talking about the band the replacements, but then realized you had a more salient point and I totally agree.  I kinda like the idea of this and hope it catches on
Honestly I think Mick/Paul/Topper should do something like this

the guest stars on that LA show are insane,
dc nabed a few choice ones, but doesn't even hold a candle to that firepower

so hutch,
are you going to go?
I still remember you had that paper ticket to go see big star in nashville in like 96
do you still have that?

oh I'm not going to this.. I think its a bit of a sham but hope everyone who goes enjoys it.

I do not have that paper ticket..not even that..what a fiasco.... the story is i was visiting my sister in college in memphis and saw big star would be playing on beale street (with the dudes from the posies) and bought a ticket "oh yah i'll come back!"  ...never made it...still bummed i never saw chilton...i can't recall him touring that much or me having any real opportunities around dc but i must have missed him

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 11:20:14 pm »
First I though you were talking about the band the replacements,
TBH, I also thought he was referring to The Replacements haha...
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 11:24:55 pm »
and the comparison to dave wakeling is so misguided its hard to believe..

you'd rather see the drummer who as far as i know didn't sing or write any songs in what was really early on a two man band bell/chilton and then for 3rd pretty much a chilton solo album.... than see wakeling who wrote or co-wrote a ton of english beat songs and sang them?

that makes no sense to me...how does it make sense to you? :)

this big star thing is a tribute show.... its worse than going to see credence clearwater revisited which is about bottom of the barrel in my book..sorry

hutch

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 11:32:00 pm »
watching watch me jumpstart ..the gbv "film" ...first time even though i'm the hugest fan of this band ever... i like to hold things in my back pocket for nights such as these..:)..... i can't believe its only a 30 minute doc.... i thought it was a full movie..this thing is weird..... they don't even mention greg demos in it one time! the bonus live footage is cool.. . my favorite part is the bonus clip of pollard rummaging through a box of "crap" in the basement....

hutch

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2014, 10:19:48 am »

hutch

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2014, 10:48:19 am »
I'd never heard the first Mark Knopfler solo record, Golden Road, from 1996...its surprisingly good....sure some songs are snoozy typical Knopfler fests...

hutch

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 12:47:12 pm »

hutch

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 04:53:19 pm »
gutted about malcolm young....i hope the unsubstantiated reports are not right but they're saying he's got dementia..

and the band has confirmed he will never again play in AC/DC