Author Topic: hutch, posts a lot, on here  (Read 53598 times)

hutch

Re: hutch, posts a lot, on here
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2014, 10:37:06 am »
I thought Alice Munro winning last year was a brief reprieve from insanity but I generally agree with you. I feel like the Man Booker Prize (and accompanying shortlist) is a better literary benchmark than the Nobel at this point.

I agree regarding the Man Booker and now that they've expanded it.... even more...

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2014, 01:59:33 pm »
Nobel ...people want to know about the Peace Prize...not literature
Physics, Chemistry, Medicine and econ...those one's carry a lot of weight in their fields

But I think the literature one should be dropped

Do you look at the nominee's particular work/book or collection of works during the nominee?s lifetime?
 The prize is always based on an overall assessment. It's a life's work that is rewarded, not individual books.

the words of the will of Alfred Nobel, produced "in the field of literature the most outstanding work in an ideal direction" (original Swedish: den som inom litteraturen har producerat det mest framstående verket i en idealisk riktning).
Nobel's choice of emphasis on idealism in his criteria for the Nobel Prize in Literature has led to recurrent controversy. In the original Swedish, the word idealisk translates as either "idealistic" or "ideal".[2] In the early twentieth century, the Nobel Committee interpreted the intent of the will strictly. For this reason, they did not award certain world-renowned authors of the time such as James Joyce, Leo Tolstoy, Anton Chekhov, Marcel Proust, Henrik Ibsen, and Henry James.[4] More recently, the wording has been more liberally interpreted. Thus, the prize is now awarded both for lasting literary merit and for evidence of consistent idealism on some significant level. In recent years, this means a kind of idealism championing human rights on a broad scale. Hence the award is now arguably more politi
slack

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2014, 05:38:59 pm »
Hutch is the worst poster on here.

Worst taste.

Biggest asshole.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2014, 06:40:31 pm »

hutch

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2014, 11:56:06 pm »
I need more hardcore in my collection....its crazy how much the early 45s go for... the first black flag one- original pressing - goes for like $700!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm readin gthis book called American Hardcore by Steven Blush... an oral history...fascinating stuff..

that is all.

Unsanity

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2014, 02:47:11 am »
You should be hitting garage sales and craigslist to try and find punk records on the cheap. Just in the last month I found a dutch copy of "Damaged" for a buck at an estate sale. Then went to a garage sale and found three hardcore 45s: "Positively D.O.A.", J.F.A.'s "Blatant Localism EP" and some local band called Initial Reaction's EP. All a buck each. This area is rich with the stuff.

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2014, 11:39:43 am »
J.F.A.'s "Blatant Localism EP"
nice find...love some skaterock!
slack

Unsanity

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2014, 04:04:59 am »

I just wish I could have gotten to the LPs. Someone bought the whole box. I could see Minor Threat, X, Bad Brains, etc albums. The guy left the small pile of 45s alone so I got the good ones. The J.F.A. is really rad indeed.

hutch

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2014, 08:12:47 am »

I just wish I could have gotten to the LPs. Someone bought the whole box. I could see Minor Threat, X, Bad Brains, etc albums. The guy left the small pile of 45s alone so I got the good ones. The J.F.A. is really rad indeed.

I don't do garage sales.. I think I need some help...

Relaxer

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2014, 01:09:24 pm »
Hutch, any insight?
Looking for some assistance on the subject of Spanish music.

What are the leading Spanish music blogs and sites and publications? I'm researching this subject and am using the Google, but I know there's at least one fan of Spanish music here and I'm wondering what are some of the outlets that cover the music. Little help?
oword

hutch

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2014, 01:18:18 pm »
Hutch, any insight?

What are the leading Spanish music blogs and sites and publications? I'm researching this subject and am using the Google, but I know there's at least one fan of Spanish music here and I'm wondering what are some of the outlets that cover the music. Little help?

not really i'm afraid..its hard to find much coverage.... there is a facebook group called "the latin alternative" that does about as much as anyone I've seen..

Ernesto Lechner does freelance national reviews i tend to like....

one of the problems is Spanish music is so fragmented...so many kinds of music fall under the name

as far as Spanish music in DC there is a company called KESTA DC who are the big dogs..they even have a free monthly newspaper...

there is also a guy who is really involved in the DC scene and even DJ's as "DJ ROCKACTIVO"...his name is Luis Ayala... he's probably the dude that knows the most...

but it really depends on what you're looking for...

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2014, 01:19:35 pm »
Isn't this all you really need to know about 'spanish' music
slack

Yada

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2014, 01:28:00 pm »
Pittbull is fucking awesome.

Relaxer

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2014, 03:10:42 pm »
Hutch, any insight?

not really i'm afraid..its hard to find much coverage.... there is a facebook group called "the latin alternative" that does about as much as anyone I've seen..

Ernesto Lechner does freelance national reviews i tend to like....

one of the problems is Spanish music is so fragmented...so many kinds of music fall under the name

as far as Spanish music in DC there is a company called KESTA DC who are the big dogs..they even have a free monthly newspaper...

there is also a guy who is really involved in the DC scene and even DJ's as "DJ ROCKACTIVO"...his name is Luis Ayala... he's probably the dude that knows the most...

but it really depends on what you're looking for...

Hey, this looks good and is useful. Thanks.
oword

hutch

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2014, 01:34:47 pm »
GIFs..buah hahahhahahhaha