Author Topic: hutch, posts a lot, on here  (Read 53594 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: hutch, posts a lot, on here
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »
about time, with this, thread.

hutch

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 06:45:00 pm »
on my 3rd or 4th AC/DC record... .

its gonna be along night

gonna go see NMA in a couple

hutch

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »
listening to the Gene Ween/FREEMAN record..

got to say its a snoozer.. maybe if I was stoned I'd get it or something...

I'm curious to see how these songs play live... i mean its not all bad but it definitely does not ROCK at any point.... the faster songs are so saccharine...

my favorite is the last song which is this little snippet looped over and over again... the song that most harkens back to the Ween spirit... wait..maybe thats too harsh.. i mean there is a bit of arab feel to a song or two which is something ween used to do... and off course the stallion one which i think kind of blows..

and the first song... where he tells me  to fuck off... man that seems harsh..just cause I enjoyed going to see Ween shows...

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:25:46 pm by hutch »

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2014, 08:44:04 am »
agreed...
but some of them are growing on me
I really think the covert discretion was very cathartic for him.  honestly I 'know' he loves the fans, but at the same time the love back from the fans almost killed him.  I like that some of the songs are very intimate and real.  not some silly prog rock song or nonsense about a battleship that uses turds for ammunition

with that said...it is not blowing me away and if someone else I'd never heard of put it out I might dismiss it quickly.
I really like 'for awhile I couldn't play my guitar like a man' and I do like 'I Know A Girl' (the last song)
So 3 out of 12 is not a great record by any means

but I've seen some of the live stuff online and it looks pretty good

black bush on WFUV
for a while

No Quarter - led zep cover!!!show closer in Milwaukie

also this girl did an awesome Freeman Medly that will make you appreciate the musicality that Aaron still posses

Saw this on the ween forum....
He played a lot of ween songs last night.
 Mts and Buffalo
 Transitions
 Demon Sweat
 your party
 Freedom
 King Billy
 Grobe
 Exactly where I'm at
 Buckingham Green

I've been listening to Stay Forever a lot lately...man is that a good song
I really hope he breaks that one out
slack

Yada

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2014, 08:55:58 am »
listening to the Gene Ween/FREEMAN record..

got to say its a snoozer.. maybe if I was stoned I'd get it or something...

I'm curious to see how these songs play live... i mean its not all bad but it definitely does not ROCK at any point.... the faster songs are so saccharine...

my favorite is the last song which is this little snippet looped over and over again... the song that most harkens back to the Ween spirit... wait..maybe thats too harsh.. i mean there is a bit of arab feel to a song or two which is something ween used to do... and off course the stallion one which i think kind of blows..

and the first song... where he tells me  to fuck off... man that seems harsh..just cause I enjoyed going to see Ween shows...

hutch, did you just copy and paste one of your old posts?

I LIKE EVERY SONG ON THE REKKID!

hutch

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 10:10:15 am »
I thought I had expanded on my first take on the album now that I've listened to it a lot more?

hutch

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2014, 10:55:40 pm »
These Giudice's are disgracing my family...

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2014, 10:55:41 am »
slack

hutch

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2014, 08:41:52 am »
Nobel Prize for Literature has become a joke...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2014, 08:48:54 am »
Please elaborate on that.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2014, 09:14:02 am »

Its just catching up to the state of the Peace Prize.

hutch

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2014, 09:41:50 am »
Please elaborate on that.

I think my statement speaks for itself....I'm not sure I'm willing to elaborate any further...it is my thread after all!

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2014, 10:12:36 am »
I think there's a lot of reasons one might consider the Nobel Prize for Literature a joke at this point: this year's less than illustrious winner, their clear desire to hand it out to countries that haven't won it before, their refusal to give it to an American author, the disproportionate number of Swedish winners, etc. I was wondering which prompted you to post that as its an interesting discussion. I was not being snarky.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2014, 10:29:44 am »
I think there's a lot of reasons one might consider the Nobel Prize for Literature a joke at this point: this year's less than illustrious winner, their clear desire to hand it out to countries that haven't won it before, their refusal to give it to an American author, the disproportionate number of Swedish winners, etc. I was wondering which prompted you to post that as its an interesting discussion. I was not being snarky.

ok...this year's winner was what prompted me... a guy who has sold 2500 copies in the US of his best known work? a guy who has been writing for I think over 40 years??? also they are so political about it..seems like what they really liked is that he wrote a lot about the Nazi occupation of France?

It reminds me of the book 2666...what if the fictional Archimboldi had gotten the Nobel Prize for Literature in the 1980s? That is almost what they're doing (Ok I exagerate).... I dont' think it should all be about the "influence" of a writer..but you'd think to win the prize he'd have to at least have been read in a few countries outside his home country? why do they insist on going for such obscure writers? Some board member said once that Salman Rushdie woulnd't get it cause he was "too well known"? Come on now... sometimes good writers manage to sell books...

obviously what ticks me off the most is they didn't give it to Borges because of his political views (which I disagree with myself).....

but I was just thinking that for the past few years they particularly seem to not have a clue... but maybe it has always been that way

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2014, 10:35:09 am »
I thought Alice Munro winning last year was a brief reprieve from insanity but I generally agree with you. I feel like the Man Booker Prize (and accompanying shortlist) is a better literary benchmark than the Nobel at this point.
LVMH