Author Topic: Who is Rogue Riderhood?  (Read 9889 times)

hutch

Re: Who is Rogue Riderhood?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 09:33:35 am »
remind me.. what was the photo evidence? that one picture he posted? why is that evidence? i am forgetting the details..
One day, someone was doing the usual "there is no way atomic is real" thing and he responded "what do you want me to do? post a picture?" We, of course, said yes. He said he would when other people posted photos. Yada and myself did. He then posted a photo of "himself" which he took down after an hour.

If you run that photo through reverse image search engines (such as google), it showed that the photo was found nowhere else on the internet, nor any similar photos. Had this photo showed up on some dude from California's facebook page, it would be a sign that whoever is posting as atomic claiming to be from Baltimore probably was "catfishing." Had it shown up on some account that was consistent with the atomic persona, that would make sense. Also, the photo storage site he saved it on had no other photos for the account and was created moments earlier, which is odd.

Whether atomic is a real person or a fake persona, whoever is behind it has went to some odd lengths to chinese wall off the "atomic" user on here and the email attributed with it from the rest of the internet at large. And that's bizarre either way.
thanks.

yes, that is the way I remember it..but couldn't he have just taken a picture of a coworker or a friend or somebody else? or posted a picture of his brother?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 09:36:48 am »
yes, that is the way I remember it..but couldn't he have just taken a picture of a coworker or a friend or somebody else? or posted a picture of his brother?
In theory, absolutely. It's not the most likely scenario (Occam's razor) but its definitely viable. As I said, all of him being genuinely real as advertised, him being another boardie's made-up character, and him being a non-boardie's completely made-up persona are possible.

I personally think he's real in that he's not another boardie's alter-ego but the actual persona and mythology of Atomic is mostly made up (as evidenced by him being caught in a crap ton of lies).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:39:56 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 09:37:40 am »
atomic just didn't quit the board like a walkie meltdown, his author became tired of keeping up the persona.
I thought he was banned finally?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 09:38:53 am »
atomic just didn't quit the board like a walkie meltdown, his author became tired of keeping up the persona.

Why would he be banned?

hutch

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 09:42:09 am »

Why would he be banned?

I think he was banned... I dont' remember too much other than being repeatedly called a racist by him and reporting it to the moderator......then he was gone..

lest we forget he was destroying this board...

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 09:50:29 am »
He was trying to get hutch's goat during the World Cup and kept making comments about hispanics being day laborers and other junk.
LVMH

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 09:53:52 am »
lest we forget he was destroying this board...
Well, that has NEVER been grounds for banishment.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 09:54:15 am »
He was trying to get hutch's goat during the World Cup and kept making comments about hispanics being day laborers and other junk.

I thought that was James Ford?

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 10:00:17 am »

I thought that was James Ford?
Not as I recall. Could have been both.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 10:04:57 am »
If he was real, then his listed email account was either (a) a throwaway he never checked (no returned read-receipts), or (b) atomic had an account on none of the 50 websites with the highest user bases in America

not sure how you can assert (b).  he could have different username completely unrelated to the words "atomic" and "front".

and did not cash out the $$ I sent him thru paypal.

wait what?

talk about dedication to your craft...

mind you, i'm likely to turn down anonymous paypal gifts too, let alone one that i knew came from someone i was arguing with online.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 10:13:47 am »
Julian is indeed dedicated to the sleuthing of this community.

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 10:15:54 am »
not sure how you can assert (b).  he could have different username completely unrelated to the words "atomic" and "front".
He had a publicly listed email account in his profile. I went thru the list of sites (places its virtually impossible for someone to have not registered at multiple of if they're on line with any regularity: ebay, match.com [he specifically said he had used this], amazon, yahoo, itunes, facebook, twitter, reddit, etc) and clicked on their "Forgot My Password" link. I put in his email in them. If you've ever done this before, you know it'll display a variation on one of two messages: an email to reset your password has been sent to your account, or, there is no account associated with this email address. Every single one said no account. A google search for his email reveals nothing. A paid spokeo reverse email search reveals nothing.

Again, is it possible he started a secondary email account for the sole purpose of registering for this site? Sure. Or is it possible a guy who posted thousands of times on here had virtually no other internet activity whatsoever? Also possible. But both of those are such unlikely possibilities it should raise some red flags.

wait what?

talk about dedication to your craft...

mind you, i'm likely to turn down anonymous paypal gifts too, let alone one that i knew came from someone i was arguing with online.
Fair enough. I sent it from a throwaway. As was the case above, paypal told me he had no paypal account but would be informed. 3 months later, he still hadn't accepted the money.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:18:31 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 10:17:23 am »
Julian is indeed dedicated to the sleuthing of this community.
I didn't get Community ORGANIZER in my title by sitting on my ass all day.

EDIT: Well, I mean, I was sitting on my ass in the literal sense that I sit while on the computer. But in the idiomatic sense, I was not sitting on my ass in that I wasn't being lazy and doing nothing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:42:19 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 10:48:43 am »
For the record, Atomic was on eharmony, not match.com. Did you check that?

I only remember that because I had a history of nontraditional dating tactics when I was single. Though at this point perhaps online dating has become traditional.

Yada

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 11:01:18 am »
can we get killsallys insight into the consistent name changes, denying the identity for a small amount of time, etc. ?