Author Topic: David Bowie Is...  (Read 112842 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: David Bowie Is...
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2016, 03:42:45 pm »
they're asking for $3k, for now... let's see where those prices end up.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2016, 04:06:44 pm »
That is crazy.

Relaxer

« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2016, 04:28:10 pm »
I can't think of anything I would like to attend less than a Bowie tribute concert.

Like, I would gladly go see a triple bill of Nickleback, Creed and Insane Clown Posse before that shitshow. God, there will be so many boring speeches.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2016, 04:31:11 pm »

"Awwright yoose goys, I wanna hear da people on da left scream "BOW" and people on da right scream "WEE" awwright?"
oword

walk,on,by

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2016, 05:04:42 pm »
But, it's Bowie, dude. Bowie, dude. Nothing else matters except Bowie, dude. You will go to the show, you will pay $10,000, you will chant Bowie's name, dude. You will eat hot dogs in limited edition Bowie wrappers, dude, at the show, and beer in special edition Bowie cups, dude. Bowie books and Bowie t-shirts and Bowie earplugs and Bowie shorts and Bowie jackets and Bowie programs and Bowie hats, dude.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2016, 05:17:00 pm »
OK, so who saved their commemorative 930 Club cup from the world's fair?

bearman🐻

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2016, 06:03:24 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/arts/music/david-bowie-iggy-pop.html
funny how the caption on the pic say "Mr. Pop"
Like anyone ever refers to him like that
slack

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2016, 06:11:30 pm »
Prior to launching into Holy Holy's set in Toronto on 1/12/16

"Listen, yesterday was the worst ? well, almost the worst day of my life. And I think that most of you possibly feel it, too. And we had to actually talk about whether we were going to perform more on this tour but there is no better ay to work through grief except through music [audience eruption]... Music is magic. It?s better than any pill you can take, it?s better than any drug, and this music is some of the best music that?s ever been written, and [audience eruption]... I?m so glad you?re so upbeat, I didn?t want to see a sea of, like, sad faces [audience laughter], and I?ll tell ya, David wouldn?t like that, either. We have David?s total approval on this tour. He said that he saw a few videos and he heard the music and he?s so happy we?re doing this, and I want you to know it, too. So, we?re going to celebrate the life of David Bowie tonight [lengthy audience eruption]."

Toni Visconti
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:14:02 pm by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ★ »
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2016, 06:13:55 pm »

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2016, 06:17:47 pm »
Even the transportation dept is cool in austin

?The Austin Transportation Department has been notified that someone got creative with the street sign at Bowie and 5th Streets,? the ATD said in a statement, ?changing the sign to read ?David Bowie? in memory of the musician and pop-culture icon. We appreciate Austin?s reputation as the Live Music Capital of the World and recognize David Bowie for all he did for the music industry and more. To this end, we will leave the sign up until Tuesday, January 19th, so our community can enjoy the makeshift memorial a few days longer. At that time we will have to replace it with the real street name sign.?
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2016, 07:10:27 pm »
I saw some discussion about the possibility of Old Greenbelt Theater bringing in a 35mm print of "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars", would be cool to see that on a big screen.
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2016, 08:14:17 pm »

If I told my daughter Cyndi Lauper was playing that, shed be begging to go for the next two months.

hutch

« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2016, 08:47:37 pm »

If I told my daughter Cyndi Lauper was playing that, shed be begging to go for the next two months.

even if you told her she'd be likely playing only one song and it wouldn't even be one of hers and she'd have to sit through hours of other performers?

man, your daughter is not as smart as you've led us to believe... ;D

hutch

« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2016, 08:51:10 pm »
It is amazing that the show was announced on the very day people learned Bowie died... tickets were gone by 11 am!.. There was a handicapped seat left by the time I checked..

I honestly think this lineup is kind of dodgy.. its not like the bowie 50th birthday concert.. now that was an awesome lineup... on the classic picture I've seen they're all surrounding him including Robert Smith next to him.. one of the songs on the new album sounds like a dead ringer for Seventeen Seconds era Cure or was it the other way around?

as far as i'm concerned the holy holy or whatever concert with Visconti looks way more interesting...I think that will be a real tribute and one won't have to put up with endless stage changes to accommodate the various egos..