Author Topic: David Bowie Is...  (Read 112704 times)

bearman🐻

Re: David Bowie Is...
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2016, 01:43:41 pm »
http://pitchfork.com/news/63015-david-bowie-turned-down-a-coldplay-collaboration-saying-its-not-a-very-good-song/

This made me laugh.
nice

The band had written a song with a multi-part harmony, and envisioned Bowie as one of the voices. When Chris Martin wrote Bowie a letter asking him to participate, the response was definitive: "It's not a very good song, is it?"
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2016, 02:07:34 pm »
http://pitchfork.com/news/63015-david-bowie-turned-down-a-coldplay-collaboration-saying-its-not-a-very-good-song/

This made me laugh.

What a dick. Bowie, not Bearman.

Reading that and reading the Rhett Miller article from the previous page made me think it was wise that Rhett didn't reach out to his idol and have his dreams crushed.

« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2016, 02:25:55 pm »
I totally disagree, I bet the song sucked ass and I think Bowie did the right thing
I mean you don't ask Bowie to add one part to a harmony, he is the main part and they would add their stuff to that. 

as for Rhett...I think he should have written it, but with the expectation that no would be the answer
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2016, 02:34:35 pm »
I totally disagree, I bet the song sucked ass and I think Bowie did the right thing
I mean you don't ask Bowie to add one part to a harmony, he is the main part and they would add their stuff to that. 

as for Rhett...I think he should have written it, but with the expectation that no would be the answer

Yet when Soupy Sales' kids asked him to come be in a crappy pre-grunge grunge band where everyone split the profits equally, he jumped at it.

« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2016, 02:41:23 pm »

Yet when Soupy Sales' kids asked him to come be in a crappy pre-grunge grunge band where everyone split the profits equally, he jumped at it.
Hmm don't know the history on Tin Machine
but they weren't exactly slouch musicians and he even used them on his David Bowie tours
slack

hutch

« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2016, 03:41:52 pm »

ha ha..this is typical james ford grade a idiocy

hunt and tony sales played with frickin iggy pop in the 70s on lust for life album and reeves gabrels is currently in the Cure..

bowie obviously thought highly of the sales brothers from their work with iggy pop (on which bowie too was involved)...bowie's tremendous loyalty is very endearing

coldplay?..pfff

walk,on,by

« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2016, 03:45:27 pm »
Don't, talk about coldplay, like that.  God, it makes me mad, that so many people hate them, and make it a point to voice how much they hate them.

killsaly

« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2016, 04:04:46 pm »
Who is worse; Coldplay, or the Beatles?   :-*

bearman🐻

« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2016, 04:46:21 pm »
Don't, talk about coldplay, like that.  God, it makes me mad, that so many people hate them, and make it a point to voice how much they hate them.

Perhaps a more diplomatic way people should put it is "overrated". Is that more palatable?

walk,on,by

« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2016, 04:54:45 pm »
Bear man, always says the correct things. I bet he's hot too!

Space Freely

« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2016, 05:02:42 pm »

Perhaps a more diplomatic way people should put it is "overrated". Is that more palatable?

Who is actually rating them so highly? Critics, who rate albums, have given their last three albums combined metascores of 65,61, and 60. Hardly the definition of "overrated". Unless they are actually worse than that.

« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2016, 02:23:51 pm »
2nd David Bowie tribute concert added at Radio City; Michael Stipe, Laurie Anderson & Cat Power added to Carnegie show

They decided to add a second show which will happen April 1, this time at Radio City Music Hall, featuring Ann Wilson of Heart, The Polyphonic Spree, Perry Farrell, Cat Power and more to be announced

The backing band, as mentioned, is being put together by longtime Bowie collaborator Tony Visconti and will include drummer Woody Woodmansey
slack

« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2016, 02:26:40 pm »
dang missed  NYC David Boiwe day yesterday

Bill de Blasio declares today David Bowie Day in NYC

slack