Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1593525 times)

killsaly

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #1890 on: November 02, 2015, 10:32:16 pm »
Of course it should go without saying, innocent until proven guilty and all that. I am also seeing articles saying the names from today weren't from the real list, and that will still be released on the fifth.

ggw

« Reply #1891 on: November 02, 2015, 10:37:18 pm »

« Reply #1892 on: November 03, 2015, 10:11:07 am »
Of course it should go without saying, innocent until proven guilty and all that. I am also seeing articles saying the names from today weren't from the real list, and that will still be released on the fifth.
hmmm...wouldn't be the internet if we can't baselessly accuse someone of something heinous
but I am foolish to wholeheartly trust Anonymous
although looking at some of the people outed...looks like a duck, smells like a duck...
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #1893 on: November 03, 2015, 11:58:24 am »
you know, I screamed about that whole jared thing, at first, innocent until proven guilty, what a horrible society we live in to judge him so quickly, those horrible memes about footlongs and young kids.  and look how that turned out.  ive got subway meat . . . on my face.

« Reply #1894 on: November 03, 2015, 12:41:17 pm »
But the person taking credit for generating the list, who goes by ?Amped Attacks? on Twitter, told TechCrunch that he ?worked for nine days to gather and verify all the information that was gathered before its release,? all of which was allegedly stolen from KKK websites and databases. ?I went through many emails that was [sic] signed up with these sites and a few of the emails that sparked my interest was [sic] the ones of the politicians in question there would be no reason for them to be signed up on any KKK website unless they supported it or was involved in it.?

Amped Attack claimed not to belong to the Anonymous collective, but the group has timed its ?HoodsOff? offensive to coincide with the release of these names, and it claimed that many KKK-affiliated websites were successfully hacked and taken offline today.

from salon
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1895 on: November 03, 2015, 01:02:49 pm »
you know, I screamed about that whole jared thing, at first, innocent until proven guilty, what a horrible society we live in to judge him so quickly, those horrible memes about footlongs and young kids.  and look how that turned out.  ive got subway meat . . . on my face.

nah, you were correct.  everyone, including those eventually found guilty, deserve the innocent-until-proven-guilty treatment.  there was always a chance he wouldn't turn out to be a sick fuck.  unfortunately that didn't happen.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1896 on: November 03, 2015, 02:45:11 pm »
Did my first stand up comedy set last night. Frickin nerve racking heh.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #1897 on: November 03, 2015, 02:46:56 pm »
Whoa, congrats!!!  ;D

Open mic?

« Reply #1898 on: November 03, 2015, 03:09:10 pm »
Did my first stand up comedy set last night. Frickin nerve racking heh.
that is awesome
DFA...the board's renaissance man (well you need to write a book and compete in a nija warrior or ufc competition)

I can only imagine Jules is wishing he knew in advance as he'd be sure to heckle the shit out of you
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1899 on: November 03, 2015, 03:12:54 pm »
I can only imagine Jules is wishing he knew in advance as he'd be sure to heckle the shit out of you
As someone who has also done standup, I would not heckle. That's just a no.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1900 on: November 03, 2015, 03:18:42 pm »
I wish drunk people would quit thinking it was ok to heckle bands, even positively heckling them.   I did ONCE scream for a band to play Hollaback Girl, but to my defense, I was buzzed and the event WAS sponsored by an organization with HOLLABACK as part of their name...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1901 on: November 03, 2015, 03:22:19 pm »
I wish drunk people would quit thinking it was ok to heckle bands, even positively heckling them.   I did ONCE scream for a band to play Hollaback Girl, but to my defense, I was buzzed and the event WAS sponsored by an organization with HOLLABACK as part of their name...
I think I've commented on this before but I have, for decades, yelled at every (non-classical) concert I have attended "I like music!" and/or "Play the song on the radio," at least once. It's ironic heckling.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1902 on: November 03, 2015, 03:30:26 pm »
It's funny the two of you aren't that funny on here. I can't imagine either of you'd be that good at standup.

On the other hand, I'd pay a dollar to see Relaxer or perhaps even ggw do standup.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1903 on: November 03, 2015, 03:30:33 pm »
I think I've commented on this before but I have, for decades, yelled at every (non-classical) concert I have attended "I like music!" and/or "Play the song on the radio," at least once. It's ironic heckling.

I'm sure the GWARs appreciated that.

Space Freely

« Reply #1904 on: November 03, 2015, 03:32:29 pm »
Speaking of irony (or lack thereof)...there was a guy un-ironically whistling along to Europe's The Final Countdown in the gym locker room today.

My first thought was "What's Hutch doing in my locker room." But alas, it was some blockhead jock.