Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1604918 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #5745 on: December 18, 2020, 10:25:15 pm »
Is Celeste willing to come back to this community so I can provide marriage counseling for your guys in the soon to launch Julian's America III: The One With Sofia Coppolla advice column thread?

She scoffs at "losers" who waste their time on internet forums.
A simple “thank you, but no, Julian” would’ve sufficed.
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #5746 on: December 18, 2020, 10:43:52 pm »
Well my sugar addicted daughter who doesn't exercise (even in virtual PE class) and hasn't taken a shit in four days kept repeatedly dumping syrup on whatever she was eating for breakfast (she does this with whipped cream too.) And when i (gently, not condescendingly) questioned her need for so much syrup on her meal, her mother instantly started yelling at me that "there's no place for a father to call in question what his daughter is eating, that's the mother's job." And off it went from there. She started ragging on my daughter for eating too much candy, and I said "Well you're the who buys her all the candy." And that didn't go over too well.

The rebuff of affection actually took place several hours later. The objection was that she was in the middle of work, and I didn't knock/ask if I could come in.

Anyway, I've moved in. Had a great Bissell Brothers DIPA with Mexican takeout from dinner. Time to watch the Queen's Gambit finale.

So much to unpack here.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5747 on: December 18, 2020, 11:57:07 pm »
Well my sugar addicted daughter who doesn't exercise (even in virtual PE class) and hasn't taken a shit in four days kept repeatedly dumping syrup on whatever she was eating for breakfast (she does this with whipped cream too.) And when i (gently, not condescendingly) questioned her need for so much syrup on her meal, her mother instantly started yelling at me that "there's no place for a father to call in question what his daughter is eating, that's the mother's job." And off it went from there. She started ragging on my daughter for eating too much candy, and I said "Well you're the who buys her all the candy." And that didn't go over too well.

The rebuff of affection actually took place several hours later. The objection was that she was in the middle of work, and I didn't knock/ask if I could come in.

Anyway, I've moved in. Had a great Bissell Brothers DIPA with Mexican takeout from dinner. Time to watch the Queen's Gambit finale.

So much to unpack here.
I’ve said this before but as someone relatively recently married compared to the baseline of this community (3 years this week) the tales from Space about his relationship keep me up at night.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #5748 on: December 19, 2020, 01:00:09 am »
Space, like space, is vast.

Space Freely

« Reply #5749 on: December 19, 2020, 10:53:49 am »

So much to unpack here.
I’ve said this before but as someone relatively recently married compared to the baseline of this community (3 years this week) the tales from Space about his relationship keep me up at night.

Things are better this morning. And my kid took a shit. Two of them.

hutch

« Reply #5750 on: December 19, 2020, 11:45:16 am »
I just have to wonder if this is all made up...

I hope so.

hutch

« Reply #5751 on: December 19, 2020, 11:46:57 am »
It does seem scary real although I don’t monitor my kids’ shits...

« Reply #5752 on: December 19, 2020, 11:50:32 am »
I'd say it's creative license

I don't really 'track it' but it's is a good indicator of health and we should all be a little dialed into that
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #5753 on: December 19, 2020, 12:37:53 pm »
I never would have thought I'd end up with a kid with such poor eating habits. Sigh.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5754 on: December 19, 2020, 02:02:13 pm »
I never would have thought I'd end up with a kid with such poor eating habits. Sigh.

I think he/they/ze will be fine in the long run.

« Reply #5755 on: December 19, 2020, 04:23:27 pm »

yeah, kids can put down crap, as long as they are active and hydrated, shouldn't be a problem into their 20's
it's the habits and relationship with food/cooking that can impact a child later in life
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #5756 on: December 19, 2020, 04:29:21 pm »

yeah, kids can put down crap, as long as they are active and hydrated, shouldn't be a problem into their 20's
it's the habits and relationship with food/cooking that can impact a child later in life

Yeah I'm not too concerned with the short run, it's the long run I'm more concerned about.

« Reply #5757 on: December 20, 2020, 12:31:53 am »
Sometimes, all you need is a headline

Christopher Walken has never owned a computer or cellphone or sent an email

slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #5758 on: December 20, 2020, 09:45:15 am »
Generational thing. That's my dad in a nutshell, too.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #5759 on: December 20, 2020, 06:15:01 pm »
Sometimes, all you need is a headline

Christopher Walken has never owned a computer or cellphone or sent an email

He had a low-resolution feed for his interview with Seth Meyers the other night.
😐 🎶