Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1593752 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6225 on: June 11, 2021, 01:45:05 pm »
Are you really going to tell me you subscribe to the narrative that we went to the moon 50 years ago and then just stopped going? You don't know a fraction of the things that are taking place in space/the moon.
wait are you saying we've been going to the moon this whole time and there are venues and festivals happening?
I don't think a 'band' has played in space
I didn't say anything about a "festival."
but there are venues?
that doesn't seem like a quick turn visit, there is lodging as well
does one need an inter-galactic passport or since it's the same solar system earth based ones will work
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6226 on: June 11, 2021, 01:45:33 pm »
I mean, I have to assume GWAR was a band before they landed in Antarctica.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6227 on: June 11, 2021, 01:51:52 pm »
Are you really going to tell me you subscribe to the narrative that we went to the moon 50 years ago and then just stopped going? You don't know a fraction of the things that are taking place in space/the moon.
wait are you saying we've been going to the moon this whole time and there are venues and festivals happening?
I don't think a 'band' has played in space
I didn't say anything about a "festival."
but there are venues?
that doesn't seem like a quick turn visit, there is lodging as well
does one need an inter-galactic passport or since it's the same solar system earth based ones will work
I'm just saying the wealthy have been using outer space and the moon as their private playground since the mid-70s and the hoi polloi just don't hear about it. Is it really such a wild leap from "rich billionaire has the Foo Fighters play their birthday party" to "rich billionaire has the Foo Fighters play their birthday party on the moon"?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #6228 on: June 11, 2021, 02:24:55 pm »
You guys want to hear a fucked up story? I feel like this should go in a Space thread (if he had one), because it's a downer.

So yesterday our nearly 11 year old dog had his annual teeth cleaning... Two months ago when this was scheduled, I had a face to face meeting with the vet to discuss a strange growth that's been on his neck for years (approximately the size of a raspberry). We agreed they would remove it when he was under anesthesia to limit his exposure to anesthesia, etc... He's old.

Anyway, two weeks ago we had a confirmation that this would be done, additionally filled out forms two days ago with confirmation on the surgery, discussed it again at intake yesterday at 7am.

I receive a call yesterday at 11am... "Hey Mr. Yada, wanted to know your dog is out of surgery and doing well. His incision on his leg is quite large and will need at least three weeks to heal."

I immediately flip the fuck out... They performed fucking surgery on the wrong part of his body and removed a benign golf size tumor that's been on his leg for probably four years. It's not visible to the eye or can you even tell it's there unless your his owner or a damn vet.

I've contacted a few malpractice type lawyers, if anyone has any recs, please send them my way! This is for a large brand name in Bethesda.

« Reply #6229 on: June 11, 2021, 02:37:52 pm »
You guys want to hear a fucked up story? I feel like this should go in a Space thread (if he had one), because it's a downer.

So yesterday our nearly 11 year old dog had his annual teeth cleaning... Two months ago when this was scheduled, I had a face to face meeting with the vet to discuss a strange growth that's been on his neck for years (approximately the size of a raspberry). We agreed they would remove it when he was under anesthesia to limit his exposure to anesthesia, etc... He's old.

Anyway, two weeks ago we had a confirmation that this would be done, additionally filled out forms two days ago with confirmation on the surgery, discussed it again at intake yesterday at 7am.

I receive a call yesterday at 11am... "Hey Mr. Yada, wanted to know your dog is out of surgery and doing well. His incision on his leg is quite large and will need at least three weeks to heal."

I immediately flip the fuck out... They performed fucking surgery on the wrong part of his body and removed a benign golf size tumor that's been on his leg for probably four years. It's not visible to the eye or can you even tell it's there unless your his owner or a damn vet.

I've contacted a few malpractice type lawyers, if anyone has any recs, please send them my way! This is for a large brand name in Bethesda.
Holy shit. Not a pet person personally but that's like one of those "they amputated the wrong leg" type stories. Wow.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #6230 on: June 11, 2021, 02:58:28 pm »

Holy shit. Not a pet person personally but that's like one of those "they amputated the wrong leg" type stories. Wow.

Undoubtedly the angriest I've been in years... maybe ever. Definitely a top three moment.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #6231 on: June 11, 2021, 03:00:48 pm »
That’s awful. Sorry to hear about that.

« Reply #6232 on: June 11, 2021, 03:12:00 pm »
Yada, that sucks, sorry to hear what your dog (and family) had to go through

also...Stone is back after an extended absence
all these show announcements has everyone back at the board
slack

Starsky

« Reply #6233 on: June 11, 2021, 03:19:30 pm »
Yeah that’s total bullshit... you are right to be very angry

Yada

« Reply #6234 on: June 11, 2021, 03:36:45 pm »
Thanks dudes!

Space Freely

« Reply #6235 on: June 11, 2021, 03:58:21 pm »

Sorry to hear that. Wow, that sucks.

I actually do have a similar, less fucked up story in that my mom (who is elderly and poor and low income) once had her dog cut open at a four figure ticket price, only to find that no, what they were looking for didn't actually exist. But they still charged her anyway.

« Reply #6236 on: June 11, 2021, 04:06:01 pm »
I mean, they did cut the dog open. Why wouldn't they charge her?
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #6237 on: June 11, 2021, 04:24:07 pm »

Because the surgery was based on a misdiagnosis? Not saying it's ad egregious as Yada's story.

« Reply #6238 on: June 11, 2021, 04:25:45 pm »

Because the surgery was based on a misdiagnosis?
I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but: THEY STILL DID THE SURGERY!

If they diagnose me with a disease and I go buy the medicine for it and later its determined I never had the disease, I don't get to return the medicine.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #6239 on: June 11, 2021, 04:32:06 pm »

Because the surgery was based on a misdiagnosis?
I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but: THEY STILL DID THE SURGERY!

If they diagnose me with a disease and I go buy the medicine for it and later its determined I never had the disease, I don't get to return the medicine.

Hey Yada, are they charging you for the surgery on your dog's leg?