Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602455 times)

shemptiness

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #450 on: January 06, 2015, 12:44:58 pm »
AT&T cut off my phone service. So, just to be safe, I began my drive into work. FInally my phone service came back [although 4G still won't connect] and got ahold of my manager. She said our office was still open. Our office NEVER closes until it's too late. SO I get to the office 45 minutes late and am the first one here. YAY

The roads are god awful and the drivers are even worse. I drive a Nissan Versa and the thing drives for shit in the snow. I learned it years ago and I choose to not drive when it snows. I can't believe how awful the main roads are. How does the Fairfax County shit the bed like this so often?

EDIT: Wow this place [forum] got loopy on my sick day lol

Combination of an over-performing underestimated storm and perfect timing to ruin the AM rush.

That said people in the area panic when it snows.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #451 on: January 06, 2015, 01:02:34 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen traffic this bad. At least it moves when it snows. Today is was a total stand still going BOTH directions. Usually if you're going against traffic it's not so bad. On top of that I only saw a handful of cars on the side of the road. In my hour+ commute I only saw 1 plow truck out. I'd imagine they were hitting the highways hard.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #452 on: January 06, 2015, 02:50:18 pm »
I'd imagine they were hitting the highways hard.

Not in Arlington.  I was on 66 at 7:00am and you could only see pavement in random stretches.  VDOT really screwed the pooch on their response, given that snow has been forecast for days.

shemptiness

« Reply #453 on: January 06, 2015, 03:06:04 pm »
Homemade leftover hambone soup and a Smuttynose Winter Ale after a bit of shoveling.

Ah, snow days.

shemptiness

« Reply #454 on: January 07, 2015, 02:50:38 pm »
This is a pretty great tattoo:

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #455 on: January 07, 2015, 09:50:57 pm »
jesus . . . christ

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #456 on: January 08, 2015, 12:15:42 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #457 on: January 08, 2015, 07:18:08 pm »
all day today, every once in a while, something would pop, into my head, and that thing that would pop, into my head, was two words . . . carlos spicyweiner.  all day.  today.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #458 on: January 09, 2015, 11:09:24 am »
I should just let my hatred of Baltimore go.  its dumb.  its like any other city, that I hate.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #459 on: January 09, 2015, 11:24:28 am »
all day today, every once in a while, something would pop, into my head, and that thing that would pop, into my head, was two words . . . carlos spicyweiner.  all day.  today.
This is why I keep coming back and putting in work on here every day. For the kidsgays.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #460 on: January 09, 2015, 11:33:05 am »
I should just let my hatred of Baltimore go.  its dumb.  its like any other city, that I hate.
That city is a giant piece of shit. What I don't get is why Baltimore people hate DC so much. It's the same with Marylanders hating Virginians. Never got it. Baltimore thinks DC cares about it or something and I guess Maryland thinks Virginia cares about it.

Keep your insanely high insurance rates and your shitty drivers, thank you. Not that Virginia has better drivers, but they certainly aren't worse than the drivers that riddle Maryland.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #461 on: January 09, 2015, 11:40:39 am »
Not that Virginia has better drivers, but they certainly aren't worse than the drivers that riddle Maryland.

that is correct.  both VA and MD have horrible, horrible drivers (especially as soon as two snowflakes or three drops of rain appear).  one side pointing a finger at the other is the height of absurdity.
<sig>

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #462 on: January 09, 2015, 11:42:23 am »
Baltimore is awesome.  At least for me.  I can see how others could not like it.  But I love it. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:46:01 am by killsaly of the Clan MacLeod »

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #463 on: January 09, 2015, 11:45:52 am »
DC is a cool... Place to work.  And for tourists.  But I personally would rather spend my time after work, in Baltimore.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #464 on: January 09, 2015, 11:56:05 am »
I have only been to Baltimore a few times and never lived there but I feel uniquely qualified to talk about everything that goes on in that city because I have seen all 5 seasons of The Wire twice.
LVMH