Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602934 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #630 on: February 11, 2015, 03:56:16 pm »
I downloaded Lumosity the other day on my phone and have been doing those "brain workouts" and they're pretty fun! Some can get frustrating, but isn't that the point? To challenge yourself? Or something. Was wondering if anyone had tried those or any other apps like that out. Read a couple articles of people calling bullshit on it being able to help your memory and what not. Either way it's fun!

I have never used it myself, but I know a dude with some serious ADD who says Lumosity has done wonders for him.
The games are super quick and do require your undivided attention. So I could see that. Not sure I want to shell out the money for the full version.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #631 on: February 11, 2015, 04:27:27 pm »
Can't believe they stripped that little league championship win from those kids, because of adult stupidity
T.Rex

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #632 on: February 12, 2015, 02:59:43 am »
Can't believe they stripped that little league championship win from those kids, because of adult stupidity

It is the prescribed sanction and has been done before.  It sucks for the kids big time but you win and lose as a team.  Hard lesson learned at a young age for them.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #633 on: February 12, 2015, 08:16:26 am »
color me skeptical that the kids didn't know....

Yada

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #635 on: February 13, 2015, 08:58:46 am »

the kids didn't know where they lived? :)
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #636 on: February 13, 2015, 09:05:31 am »
At close to 60 the effects of the chemical experimentation of the 70s has started kicking in pretty hard.  As a result I have no, wait what was I talking about?  Oh never mind.  :)  I am trying to recall who it was I had two conversations with, one recent the other a while ago.  Looking for the following two people to PM me please...

1) (Maybe hutch?) We discussed some older LP albums that i have that I'll give to you.

2) (No idea in hell who this one was!)  We had discussed the Motorhead t-shirt that Dave Grohl gave me at the FF show several years ago.

I'll be checking my mailbox to see if I get a response from either of you.

Thanks!
FUKIT

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #637 on: February 13, 2015, 10:07:49 am »
LOL - that shoulda been posted in "Golden Years"

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #638 on: February 13, 2015, 10:19:35 am »

I am actually pretty skeptical that 11 year olds were aware -- on an All Star team, not a team that'd played together all year -- that some of the kids, who they may have met just a few weeks before this, lived on the other side of an imaginary dividing line the kids never knew about to begin with. I played Little League; I had no idea where the district boundaries were.

I mean, it should still 100% get stripped away from this team but I default to "the kids didn't know" until I see evidence otherwise. Occam's razor.
LVMH

« Reply #639 on: February 13, 2015, 10:20:32 am »
1) (Maybe hutch?) We discussed some older LP albums that i have that I'll give to you.
I believe this was Yada, and I said I'd take any that were not up to his standards.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #640 on: February 13, 2015, 10:35:53 am »
I believe this was Yada, and I said I'd take any that were not up to his standards.

No, sir.

hutch

« Reply #641 on: February 13, 2015, 10:38:34 am »

No, sir.

twas moi...

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #642 on: February 13, 2015, 01:34:10 pm »

I am actually pretty skeptical that 11 year olds were aware -- on an All Star team, not a team that'd played together all year -- that some of the kids, who they may have met just a few weeks before this, lived on the other side of an imaginary dividing line the kids never knew about to begin with. I played Little League; I had no idea where the district boundaries were.

I mean, it should still 100% get stripped away from this team but I default to "the kids didn't know" until I see evidence otherwise. Occam's razor.

It was NOT an all star team. That's the point.  It was a team built out of the all stars, played together all year, and then played in a playoff that was for non-stacked teams.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #643 on: February 13, 2015, 01:35:41 pm »

I had already fully disclosed that these LPs are not close to collectible condition even though a couple are autographed.
FUKIT

« Reply #644 on: February 13, 2015, 01:37:58 pm »
It was NOT an all star team. That's the point.  It was a team built out of the all stars, played together all year, and then played in a playoff that was for non-stacked teams.
I was under the impression the time period that the all stars played together was significantly shorter than a year, but I am probably mistaken. I still maintain that virtually no 11 year olds know the Little League district boundary.

If one of the kids was getting shipped in from 3 hours away, then OK, but absent some smoking gun I do not believe the kids knew in some widespread way that the lineup was ginned up.
LVMH