Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1633129 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #1680 on: September 09, 2015, 05:28:32 pm »
Also 98 posts per sports thread works out to 490 per year. This number, again, is not backed up by any of the actual given post counts.
LVMH

« Reply #1681 on: September 09, 2015, 05:40:33 pm »
I don't care what you post so long as you post it in the proper thread.
ok...you do have me there
just want to get my fix of useless info that is tangentenly music related
and to see all the sports threads have content when the threads I like just have comments from me ...well it MAKES HULK MAD
slack

ggw

« Reply #1682 on: September 09, 2015, 06:27:55 pm »
The one thing this thread makes clear is that we are suffering a dearth of math threads.

Space Freely

« Reply #1683 on: September 09, 2015, 08:10:03 pm »
I've been known the do some stats in my day,  and I'm going to go with Julian over RB.

Space Freely

« Reply #1684 on: September 10, 2015, 09:06:03 am »
Ok, I have three questions for Sidehatch, but anybody is free to chime in.

1. When you see a random adult on the street wearing an official NFL team jersey, how many points do you deduct from your guess of his/her IQ score?

2. Same question as #1 but let's say the jersey in a Redskins jersey.

3. In an effort to establish some kind of bar to judge your answers to #1 and #2, let's say you see a random person on the street wearing neutral clothing but sporting a lip piercing. How many points do you deduct for that person?

Thanks for your time and response(s).

« Reply #1685 on: September 10, 2015, 09:37:58 am »
I don't think it makes someone "dumb" it means they don't know how to dress like an adult. (Exemption if they are actually attending/heading to a sporting event.)

My "people wearing jerseys pet peeve" is people who buy jerseys of someone younger than themselves.
LVMH

betao

« Reply #1686 on: September 10, 2015, 09:53:53 am »
Random question for the random thread:

I've got 3 tickets for Reverend Horton Heat/The Adicts at The Howard Theatre on Monday. I'm unable to go and need to sell them. I've tried them on CL to no luck, and can't make it to the venue to sell the day of. Any other options (DC music forums, ticket exchanges, etc) I should look into?

« Reply #1687 on: September 10, 2015, 10:14:19 am »

I've got 3 tickets for Reverend Horton Heat/The Adicts at The Howard Theatre on Monday. I'm unable to go and need to sell them. I've tried them on CL to no luck, and can't make it to the venue to sell the day of. Any other options (DC music forums, ticket exchanges, etc) I should look into?

So $29 each, not sold out, an upcoming slot at ShinDig and he plays in the area at least once a year
recipe for a tough sell

FYI..didn't see a CL ad?

I do love the Rev and haven't seen him since those raucous shows at the 930 in the 90's
but Mon is going to be a tough sell for me
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:16:54 am by Sidehatch |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

Yada

« Reply #1688 on: September 10, 2015, 10:37:27 am »

Probably have better luck and more fun just lighting them on fire.

« Reply #1689 on: September 10, 2015, 10:39:17 am »
The one thing this thread makes clear is that we are suffering a dearth of math threads.

I've been known the do some stats in my day,  and I'm going to go with Julian over RB.

Wait, what? I agree with GGW and Rhett is agreeing with me? This is basically the definition of board bipartisanship. I cannot feel me face.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1690 on: September 10, 2015, 10:48:14 am »
I've been known the do some stats in my day

AKA Space does stats for a living ;D
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1691 on: September 10, 2015, 10:50:09 am »
I don't think it makes someone "dumb" it means they don't know how to dress like an adult. (Exemption if they are actually attending/heading to a sporting event.)

My "people wearing jerseys pet peeve" is people who buy jerseys of someone younger than themselves.
The "younger people jersey" thing kind of goes out the window when you reach a certain age though. I refused to buy a Bryce Harper jersey until I realized that just about everyone on the team is also younger than me or the same age. Maybe I'll be more against buying a "rookie sensation" jersey. Getting old.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #1692 on: September 10, 2015, 10:54:34 am »

The "younger people jersey" thing kind of goes out the window when you reach a certain age though. I refused to buy a Bryce Harper jersey until I realized that just about everyone on the team is also younger than me or the same age. Maybe I'll be more against buying a "rookie sensation" jersey. Getting old.
I'll give you that the Nats are a tough case since their franchise hasn't been around that long so there isn't a throwback of an older player from when you were a kid to get.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1693 on: September 10, 2015, 10:55:03 am »

can you help me with this one?  does this mean that i can only wear jerseys of retired players?  99.9% of active players are younger than me, therefore retired players' jerseys are my only choice?
<sig>

« Reply #1694 on: September 10, 2015, 10:57:00 am »

can you help me with this one?  does this mean that i can only wear jerseys of retired players?  99.9% of active players are younger than me, therefore retired players' jerseys are my only choice?
Yes, I'll wear a Howe or an Yzerman sweater to a Wings game. I'm not buying a Dekeyser.

Same thing with Michigan football, I wasn't getting a Denard Robinson #16, I'll buy a Woodson or Harmon throwback.
LVMH