Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602331 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2025 on: November 27, 2015, 11:09:49 pm »
my neighbors and have no idea who they are . . . the way it should be.

I'm going to have to whole heartily disagree that is the way it should be
it actually makes me said that a lot of people actually feel that way.

I don't think we should all live on a hippy commune, but people should be connected  and look out for each other

The reason there is so much division in the US is people want to hole up and not get to know other people.

Everyone is so freaking scared of people.
Yes there are idiots (unfortunately a lot) but ultimately the majority of the people you meet will be nice and friendly.  So if the odds are so good that a person will be nice and normal, why is it most people are so unwelcoming to others?

slack

hutch

« Reply #2026 on: November 27, 2015, 11:48:13 pm »
^heavy

Space Freely

« Reply #2027 on: November 28, 2015, 11:38:33 am »
You, really pay attention to your neighborhood, don't you.  I've never spoken to any of my neighbors and have no idea who they are . . . the way it should be.

I grew up on a dairy farm where I didn't have neighbors as far as the eye could see. And I can appreciate that kind of life. Sometimes I long for it as an adult. Perhaps that's the life you have?

But since I do live in a suburban neighborhood, I think it's important to make people feel welcome (my wife has baked cookies for all of our nearby neighbors at one time or another), and to at least be on a friendly basis with your neighbors so you know there's somebody there who will help you out in an emergency (I bougt both my my neighbors six packs when our dog escaped the backyard and they cared for him all day), and vice versa. Beyond that, I try to stay out of their business and hope they return the courtesy. If a spark or friendship develops beyond that with a neighbor, that's cool too.

Space Freely

« Reply #2028 on: November 28, 2015, 03:24:12 pm »
And he's back out powerwashing the driveway again today.

These goddamned suburbanites and their loud leaf blowers, power saws, lawnmowers at all hours of the day. etc etc etc. There really should be a law that says all of it has to be done between 1-4 on the first and third Saturdays of the month. Or something like that.

I thought when i moved out of the city i was going to get some peace and quiet; I guess i was wrong.

At least I'll give props to this old timer in that he does his yard jobs himself instead of being a pussy and paying people to do it for him.

walk,on,by

« Reply #2029 on: November 29, 2015, 12:30:16 am »
This could easily, be a nine thirty podcast, episode topic:  What goes on, in your neighborhood.

killsaly

« Reply #2030 on: November 29, 2015, 01:22:50 am »

« Reply #2031 on: November 29, 2015, 04:41:57 pm »
...  and don't forget to tip your bartenders...

KV you do rock and was probably needed
slack

hutch

« Reply #2032 on: November 29, 2015, 11:52:34 pm »
"Music is over for me. Music did this. Rendered me invisible even unto my children. Murdered my soul. I'm never going back to music."

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2033 on: November 30, 2015, 01:21:49 pm »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2034 on: November 30, 2015, 04:48:29 pm »

If I were the President of the University of Colorado, I'd immediately revoke any degree to an individual who does not understand that their massive, disgusting, enormous "fluffy" body has a larger surface area than a normal sized person and requires additional material to cover entirely.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2035 on: November 30, 2015, 05:18:16 pm »
<sig>

« Reply #2036 on: December 01, 2015, 01:44:07 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with supplemental insurances (like, by not specific to, Aflac)? If so, would you recommend them? My company is going from covering 50% of health/dental/vision to 100% in January and I'm thinking of taking some of what I'm used to paying and getting an Aflac-type product.
LVMH

« Reply #2037 on: December 01, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with supplemental insurances (like, by not specific to, Aflac)? If so, would you recommend them? My company is going from covering 50% of health/dental/vision to 100% in January and I'm thinking of taking some of what I'm used to paying and getting an Aflac-type product.
IMHO I've always felt that it's a scam
odds are a little better than the lottery, but it's insurance on a very gray area
I don't know anyone who ever made a claim and got paid...so don't know how difficult that process is

But I think you could take that same money and put it monthly into some EFT's
in the long run you'd likely have a nice sum of money, rather than waiting for some health event to cash in ...or never get any of it back
slack

Yada

« Reply #2038 on: December 01, 2015, 03:16:19 pm »

Aren't you a single, white, male? Take the extra money and invest it, why would you want more insurance?

« Reply #2039 on: December 01, 2015, 03:23:31 pm »
why would you want more insurance?
To feel more. . . sure?
LVMH