Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602161 times)

Yada

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2040 on: December 01, 2015, 03:24:20 pm »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2041 on: December 01, 2015, 03:28:50 pm »
Better than insurance:
  • Stop smoking
  • Drink less alcohol
  • Exercise every day
  • Eat more vegetables
  • Brush your teeth

« Reply #2042 on: December 01, 2015, 03:41:33 pm »
Better than insurance:
  • Stop smoking
  • Drink less alcohol
  • Exercise every day
  • Eat more vegetables
  • Brush your teeth
hmm...revaluating my opinion of you.
goody two shoes
at least you said less
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2043 on: December 01, 2015, 04:00:46 pm »
Oh I didn't mean to imply I do all these things...

« Reply #2044 on: December 01, 2015, 05:00:47 pm »
Oh I didn't mean to imply I do all these things...
I get it "do as I say, not as I do"
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #2045 on: December 01, 2015, 05:17:30 pm »
"Better than insurance"

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2046 on: December 01, 2015, 05:23:03 pm »
"Better than insurance"
I don't think the purpose of insurance and the purpose of healthy living habits are congruent. Even if someone does everything you said, there is still a chance of getting cancer or being in a debilitating accident and the purpose of supplemental insurance is to assist with the financial complications of that. If someone wants to say "hey, you're better off investing that money and getting to the point where you have a sufficient safety net to cover a catastrophe," well, OK, that's a viable discussion. Both things are dealing with the financial ramifications of something bad happening.

The idea of "eat right and exercise and you won't get cancer" is not really a serious suggestion. Its sort of like saying "driving safely is better than having collision insurance." Yeah, people should drive safely, but it's not an either/or.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:26:52 pm by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #2047 on: December 01, 2015, 05:54:58 pm »
OTOH, it is a horrible idea to have collision insurance, then decide to drive recklessly. 

What sense does it make to have expensive health insurance plus supplemental health insurance (as if your health was important to you), but then smoke 2 packs a day?  Do you have insurance so you can smoke 2 packs a day?  Better off not smoking and having basic coverage.

« Reply #2048 on: December 01, 2015, 06:03:45 pm »
Guess we know who's playing santa at the office xmas party (although he doesn't have a job)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2049 on: December 01, 2015, 10:09:18 pm »
What sense does it make to have expensive health insurance plus supplemental health insurance (as if your health was important to you), but then smoke 2 packs a day?  Do you have insurance so you can smoke 2 packs a day?  Better off not smoking and having basic coverage.

based on the black and white logic you present in your last sentence, i take it you have never dealt with addiction. 
<sig>

« Reply #2050 on: December 02, 2015, 10:47:52 am »
OTOH, it is a horrible idea to have collision insurance, then decide to drive recklessly. 

No one is advocating anything like that. Where did I say "what are people's thoughts on supplemental insurance. . . because I'm thinking of getting it and then letting myself turn to shit"? You're making something an either/or that really isn't.
LVMH

« Reply #2051 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:17 am »

"I have a BMI of 40+. . . but I'm not fat!"
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #2052 on: December 02, 2015, 11:03:25 am »
That lady needs insurance!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2053 on: December 02, 2015, 11:30:07 am »
Got a gig in Philly tomorrow. Any recommendations on a spot to eat? We're staying in Center City and playing at The Dolphin.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #2054 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:42 am »
I hear the Applebee's there is not to be missed
slack