Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602469 times)

killsaly

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2610 on: February 11, 2016, 06:09:23 pm »
I just want to know when can I go to Arakkis?
Why?  That is one of the worst planets in that universe.   I would not want to go there, Salusa Secundus, or Giedi Prime...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2611 on: February 11, 2016, 07:01:24 pm »
not to detract from the sex ITT, but this would be pretty damn cool if I understood what the hell they are talking about http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/gravitational-waves-discovered-from-colliding-black-holes1/

here, ya want nerdy?  i read about astrophysics, cosmology, particle physics, and the like in my spare time.  getting my teenage hands on Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" was a life-changing event for me... so, i'm one of the dorks who are giddy about the the confirmation of the existence of gravity waves.

an important take-away from today's LIGO announcement is that it gives us a whole new way of looking at the universe, a whole new set of information to analyze and investigate.  it's not just the inherent value to today's anouncement that is giving astro-dorks big boners, but also the doors this will open for future discoveries. 

There are going to be some kids born on the spectrum 9 months from now for sure!       

this is one of the funniest things you've posted here in a while ;D
<sig>

bob72

« Reply #2612 on: February 11, 2016, 07:25:13 pm »
I just want to know when can I go to Arakkis?
Why?  That is one of the worst planets in that universe.   I would not want to go there, Salusa Secundus, or Giedi Prime...
have you seen the documentary on Jodorowsky's Dune? If not, check it out. Interesting take on the Dune universe and what might have been instead of Lynch's interpretation
PENIS

killsaly

« Reply #2613 on: February 11, 2016, 08:32:17 pm »
I have yet to watch it.  I plan on it though.

I love Lynch's vision/movie.  I also love the book series (and the prequels/stuff his kid and KA wrote...). 

I will take whatever Dune I can get.  The SciFi Network miniseries were both fun. 

I wish each book of the series would get their own Syfy Networkor HBO or Netflix season.    God Emperor of Dune would be NUTS.

killsaly

« Reply #2614 on: February 11, 2016, 08:49:20 pm »

bob72

« Reply #2615 on: February 11, 2016, 09:29:21 pm »
I have yet to watch it.  I plan on it though.

I love Lynch's vision/movie.  I also love the book series (and the prequels/stuff his kid and KA wrote...). 

I will take whatever Dune I can get.  The SciFi Network miniseries were both fun. 

I wish each book of the series would get their own Syfy Networkor HBO or Netflix season.    God Emperor of Dune would be NUTS.
Jodorosky had Mick Jagger set to play Feyd Rautha, Salvadore Dali as Shadam IV, and Orson Wells as Baron Harkonnen lol
PENIS

hutch

killsaly

« Reply #2617 on: February 11, 2016, 09:41:16 pm »
Jodorosky had Mick Jagger set to play Feyd Rautha, Salvadore Dali as Shadam IV, and Orson Wells as Baron Harkonnen lol
I have seen previews of the documentary and read a bit about it.  It does sound like it really would have been something else.   

« Reply #2618 on: February 11, 2016, 11:57:22 pm »
this guy is such a tool..

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/hated-pharma-exec-martin-shkreli-offers-10-million-010323542.html
I will say I find a certain pleasure knowing that a Kanye album might not be available to the public
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2619 on: February 12, 2016, 01:43:59 pm »
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #2620 on: February 12, 2016, 01:49:23 pm »
Isn't that every Howard Johnson's in America?
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2621 on: February 12, 2016, 01:58:54 pm »
Isn't that every Howard Johnson's in America?
A handsome stranger told me their sherbet was just the best. . .
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #2622 on: February 12, 2016, 02:29:57 pm »
just don't leave your wife there, after she hates the sherbet.

vansmack

« Reply #2623 on: February 12, 2016, 02:32:47 pm »
A handsome stranger told me their sherbet was just the best. . .

Everything was great about that episode, save for maybe the hand job in the theater.
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #2624 on: February 12, 2016, 03:46:27 pm »
Bobby Jindal basically destroyed my home state/where most of my family live...
http://www.katc.com/story/31203224/gov-edwards-budget-situation-devastating