Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602490 times)

bob72

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2670 on: February 17, 2016, 04:55:16 pm »
I'M SO EXCITED I GOT MY NEW TOY TODAY!

PENIS

« Reply #2671 on: February 17, 2016, 04:57:11 pm »
To a great many people, his string of quality albums over the past decade rivals Bowie, the Stones, Roxy, REM, you name it. You may not like his music or his persona, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made some of the best, consistently high-quality hip-hop music made by anybody.
oh no...relaxer is going on his pro-Kanye rant again
slack

bob72

« Reply #2672 on: February 17, 2016, 04:59:37 pm »
his string of quality albums over the past decade rivals Bowie, the Stones, Roxy, REM, you name it.
I cannot agree/disagree with this statement. I just can't bring myself to give it a listen.

But then again, I constantly get shit for admitting the fact that I like Courtney Love. She has always had so much potential and threw it all away because she's such a cunt
PENIS

hutch

« Reply #2673 on: February 17, 2016, 05:02:59 pm »
Kanye is with Kim Kardashian...  that tells me all I need to know.

Mick Jagger married two vapid models. Should we discount the Rolling Stones because of that?

Bianca Jagger a vapid model? buah ha hah... you don't know what you're talking about...she's done more good with her little pinkie than Kim Kardashian with her fat butt..

Even Jerry Hall is Mother Teresa compared to Kim Kardashian..

Kanye is a complete idiot...Glad you enjoy his music though.

hutch

« Reply #2674 on: February 17, 2016, 05:05:55 pm »
vapid model, eh?

Epiphany
In 1981, Jagger was part of a US congressional[23] delegation[24][25][26] stationed at a UN refugee camp in Honduras. At one point during her official visit, the entire staff saw about 40 captured refugees marched away at gunpoint towards El Salvador by a death squad.[23][24][26] Armed with nothing but cameras[25] to document the raid, Jagger and the delegation trailed the squad along a river towards the Honduran-Salvadoran border.[23] When both groups were within auditory range of each other, Jagger and the staff shouted[26] at the M16 rifle equipped raiders, "You will have to kill us all!"[23][26] The squad considered the situation, approached the group, relieved them of their cameras, and released the cache of captives.[25] A transformation had thus begun for Jagger.[24] In subsequent interviews,[23][24][26] Jagger has recounted this incident as "a turning point in my life."[23][25][26]

Activism

B. Jagger engaging for human rights in Tibet, Vienna 2012.
Bianca Jagger founded the Bianca Jagger Human Rights Foundation, which she chairs. She returned to Nicaragua to look for her parents after the 1972 Nicaragua earthquake, which destroyed Managua, the capital, leaving a toll of more than 10,000 deaths and tens of thousands homeless.

In early 1979, Jagger visited Nicaragua with an International Red Cross delegation and was shocked by the brutality and oppression that the Somoza regime carried out there. This persuaded her to commit herself to the issues of justice and human rights.

In the 1980s, she worked to oppose US government intervention in Nicaragua after the Sandinista revolution. She has also opposed the death penalty and defended the rights of women and of indigenous peoples in Latin America, notably the Yanomami tribe in Brazil against the invasion of gold miners. She spoke up for victims of the conflicts in Bosnia and Serbia. Her writings were published in several newspapers (including the New York Times and the Sunday Express). From the late 1970s, she collaborated with many humanitarian organisations including Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch.

She was also a member of the Twentieth Century Task Force to Apprehend War Criminals, and a trustee of the Amazon Charitable Trust. She gave a reading at the start of the memorial service in London's Westminster Cathedral, which was timed to coincide with the funeral in Brazil of Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes, who was shot eight times on a tube-train after being mistaken for a suicide bomber in London. In March 2007, she became involved with Sarah Teather and the campaign to close Guantanamo Bay.

In March 2002, Jagger travelled to Afghanistan with a delegation of fourteen women, organised by Global Exchange to support Afghan women's projects. On 16 December 2003, Jagger was nominated Council of Europe Goodwill Ambassador.[27]

From 2007 to 2009, she was Chair of the World Future Council. On 7 July 2007, Jagger presented at the German leg of Live Earth in Hamburg. In July 2008, she was a signatory to a petition to the Catholic bishops of England and Wales to allow the wider celebration of the traditional Latin Mass.[28] In January 2009, Jagger addressed some 12,000 people who rallied in Trafalgar Square in protest against an Israeli offensive in the Gaza several days earlier.[29]

She has served as IUCN's Global Ambassador for the Bonn Challenge a global effort to restore 150 million hectares of the world's degraded and deforested lands by 2020.

On 8 October 2010, she spoke at the Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas (ASPO) 2010 world conference on moving beyond petroleum and "Crimes against Present and Future Generations".[30]

In June 2012, Jagger, along with the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Airbus launched an online campaign called Plant a Pledge initiative, which aims to restore 150 million hectares of forest around the world by 2020.[31]

On 21 November 2013, Jagger delivered the prestigious 12th annual Longford Lecture titled "Ending Violence Against Women and Girls, and the Culture of Impunity: achieving the missing Millennium Development Goal target", chaired by Jon Snow.

Prior to the 2015 UK general election, she was one of several celebrities who endorsed the parliamentary candidacy of the Green Party's Caroline Lucas.[32]

Relaxer

« Reply #2675 on: February 17, 2016, 05:07:26 pm »
Ok I pulled that "vapid" part out of my ass. Stupid internet!
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #2676 on: February 17, 2016, 05:08:33 pm »
But I'd love to see how much of that Mother Theresa work Jerry Hall did when she was in her 30s.
oword

« Reply #2677 on: February 17, 2016, 05:47:14 pm »
But I'd love to see how much of that Mother Theresa work Jerry Hall did when she was in her 30s.
in 72 she did Cocksucker Blues (still in her 20s)
(she turned 30 in 75)

but she did get more legit with her roles in the 80s
The Cannonball Run (1981, as sheik's sister)
Miami Vice (1985) TV episode "Free Verse"
Street Hawk (1985) TV episode "The Unthinkable"
Hotel (1986) TV episode "Separation"
C.H.U.D. II: Bud the C.H.U.D. (1989)

In addition to her extensive charitable works, Jagger had a public reputation as a jet-setter and party-goer in the 1970s and early 1980s, being closely associated in the public mind with New York City's nightclub Studio 54

slack

hutch

« Reply #2678 on: February 17, 2016, 06:08:18 pm »

let me say this though .. the notion that Kanye West has no talent flies in the face of Lou Reed's review of his album...look it up

I just wonder if Lou Reed wasn't lucid anymore..

hutch

« Reply #2679 on: February 17, 2016, 06:09:11 pm »
(she turned 30 in 75)

In addition to her extensive charitable works, Jagger had a public reputation as a jet-setter and party-goer in the 1970s and early 1980s, being closely associated in the public mind with New York City's nightclub Studio 54

do you not know how to read in addition to not knowing how to write? you got jerry hall and Bianca Jagger confused..

« Reply #2680 on: February 17, 2016, 06:28:01 pm »
But I'd love to see how much of that Mother Theresa work Bianca Jager did when she was in her 30s.
(she turned 30 in 75)

do you not know how to read in addition to not knowing how to write? you got jerry hall and Bianca Jagger confused..
details...all you people care about
what about the feelings
slack

hutch

« Reply #2681 on: February 17, 2016, 06:31:56 pm »
I can't work with this...

« Reply #2682 on: February 18, 2016, 12:50:38 am »
I didn't know one of our bordies lived in Ohio?
Jury acquits Ohio man of stalking Gwyneth Paltrow
slack

hutch

« Reply #2683 on: February 18, 2016, 02:17:27 pm »
i just ate a pound and a half of hamburger.. i am the champion

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2684 on: February 18, 2016, 03:48:37 pm »
Hit the "vegan" menu at Taco Bell. It's essentially just beans and potatoes on everything lol. Was great to have the green sauce again though.
‼‼?‼‼